Comments

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to correct for the image.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Photobucket makes it difficult to link to an image.

It might be easier to link to the Photobucket album:

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/bige2/media/medals/PICT0806_zpsloijyzrk.jpg.html

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    [ Gemeinde
    Gemeinde2
    Educaion25
    Educaion252
    Educaion30
    Educaion302

I have tried google to no avail. I'm trying to find out if they are silver and what fineness as well a little
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    The second and third medals appear to be 25 and 30 year service medals from a department of public education. Both have the Mexico City mint so my guess is that they were issued by Mexico.

The first medal seems to commemorate the explusion and resettlement of Germans from areas along the Danube at the end of WWII. At the end of the war many Germans fled west and, from the little research I did over breakfast, many of those who didn't flee were forceably removed or killed. The medal seems to be the 50th anniversary (1945 and 1995 dates) of this event in the community of Glogon which was located in Yugoslavia given the map on the reverse. The 1767 date may be the founding of the community. From what I read these displaced people formed societies in their new locales in memory of their hometowns and such a society seems to be the issuer of this medal in 1995. Here's a link about this era but I haven't verified its accuracy: link

Hope this gives you some "hooks" to get you started.

edited to add 2: the image on the obverse appears to be the Saint Anne Catholic Church in Glogonj, Serbia. Here's a wiki image:
    church
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Very Cool!
    It is a cool looking church.