Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Filing a Complaint with the IC3 coin related

Just wondering about this. Did anybody ever filed a fraud complaint to IC3.

It is related to a coin I won on an auction site. I'm out about $150. Is it worth the hassle.

If intrested I can ad the name of the business, the auction site and the full story. Just wanted to hear everybody out if I should persue this.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• The full story (in short), with names.

After having a very bad experience I wanted to take the time to warn you of a company selling coins online via biddingsite liveauctioneers. The company is called 3Kings Auction based in LA. They sell mostly juwellery, coins among othe things. I placed a bid on a coin and won it.

It was a modern Mexican grade -70 coin. Nothing to high, old or expencive. I won it for $80.

However after that it all went downhill. I should have know after asking multiple times for an invoice. Once I got it I paid immediately but then the the horror started. I had to send multiple mail asking about my coin but it still took them 3 months to send it. They provided me a tracking nr so I was sure it would get here. However when the packet got here I opened it to find a grade-69 coin. So not what I won.

Of course I contacted them about this. The Grade-70 coin was no longer in there possession. They asked me to send the other on back for a full refund. I did this only days after I got the coin. That was around April 30th. (Give a day or two). I provided them with a tracking number.

Now I was down the $80 on the coin, plus postage to Belgium, import tax, and the postage registered mail back to the 3Kings Auction office. Total about $150) I asked for a refund, including postage, tax, and return postage. They promised me I would get it all when the coin got back to their office.

Well, it is now september and I still got nothing back. Their excuse is that they still didn't get the coin although it has stated it is waiting for pick up at the post office for months now!

They send excuse after excuse after excuse after.... Well, you know how it goes on.

I informed the platform they do their business on: liveauctioneers. When they reacted (after three mails) they contacted the auction house. They got the next excuse. The tracking number is not correct. Well, it is, as it was showing up months ago and 3kings even mailed me when they saw it was at the post office. (I have all mails from them) After months of waiting the online info is now gone and they use this as the new excuse for not making right.
  • AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    complaints list

Its worth the hassle to complain about these 2 scammers on the net, liveauctioneers is accused of shillbidding, not during but after
    the auction has ended.

liveauctions

if you google these companies , there is a lot of negative respons, share your experience and hope these guys are out of business rather sooner then later.
    I would take my loss and see they get at least $1500 of bad publicity.
    just my 2cents
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might also take it up with the local police and lay fraud charge in Belgium.
    I found in previous experiences that European police is much more expedient than others.
    There may even be a form online with Police in Belgium which you can use. I know in Germany it is easy to make a complaint. And they always follow up.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Thank you for the tips. I will look into these.
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry this happened to you!

I can understand that you want not only your money back, but something punitive against them as well. They committed fraud, after all. It is not good for the general public to see them go unpunished. They were really leading you on the whole time hoping you would go away.

Some on the board offered some good advice on how to file charges against them. By you sharing your story on here, I hope you can divert business going their way too. Learn all you can from this situation.

Let us know how it goes with the filing with the local police. You never know how responsive they are.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • I filed a fraud complain with the credit card company. Let's see what happens.

Should I tell them I took these steps?
  • AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    No, and you probably wouldn't get a reaction anyway.
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U need to file a complaint with the respective police where these guys are located.
    I had much success with that in Europe. they always followed up. However, my complaints had to do with selling Canadian Forgeries.
    That might be different.
    good luck
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • I guess my credit card provider is on my side. Can paypal still stop it?

<< <i>We are working with your card issuer to resolve this chargeback. If this issue is now resolved, please let your card issuer know, and cancel the chargeback in your Resolution Center.

Sincerely,
    PayPal
    >>