Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Kingdom of the Netherlands. Happy 200th.

Post your Dutch.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Very nice piece.

Here's my 1/4 Gulden

• AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭

Approximate mintage 40-60 pieces. PCGS PR65CAM
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read a book once about two young American women who bicycled around Europe in the 1930's.

They got to the Netherlands and one of them either paid or received a silver guilder coin.

A Dutch person nearby told them they should keep it as a souvenir as it had the child Queen Wilhelmina on it.

I don't have a guilder with the child queen so this will have to do:

Netherlands 10 Guilders 1897

She was around 11 years old when the dies were made in 1891.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

Here's the silver Wilhelmina Guilder 1892, together with a medal of the dutch crown princess Amalia , daughter of our present King Willem-Alexander.
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • zompelszompels Posts: 215 ✭✭
    All coins to this post are very pretty-wonderful .
    We'll done to all!!!!
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's the silver Wilhelmina Guilder 1892, together with a medal of the dutch crown princess Amalia , daughter of our present King Willem-Alexander.
    image >>

Nice medal, I believe I have a commemorative coin from her birth year.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much Dutch here lately. Sold both of these (the ducat somewhat recently, the other a couple years back).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    Hi Rob, That gold ducat 1830 is not dutch, although pure gold, its a Russian counterfeit ,
    since the gold ducats had a good name and were easily accepted around the world, the russian government struck many of these "" dutch"" ducats.
    over 12 million between 1818 - 1840.
    There are genuine gold ducats from the Netherlands , these have a mintmark B for Brussels (then part of the Netherlands)
    its located just where the hole is image
    These are rare and valueable ( $2000 - $8000)