Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Would someone please help? a miracle is needed here

YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
these "items" which I suspect being some roman or similar stuff, arrived yesterday as part of other coins.
BIG problem is that I have no idea about it. And the way it looks, it might be hard to identify because of the "crusty" surfaces.
I am also not sure which way these should be lined up , like which is up and down.
Hopefully someone can shed some light on all these.
thank you all for your help.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Comments

• AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    R2 is a 4th Century Roman bronze from the family of Constantine or perhaps just a little later.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • r1a and r1b appears to be a late 2nd century to early 3rd century roman coin with a bust of emperor's wife (by virtue of the bun at the back of the head). As for r4a and r4b I am curious about that because the one pic seems to show two standing figures with one of the figures with outstretched arm towards the other. I have a small byzantine (I think) bronze with a similar (but not exact similar) design motif on one side...I still have not positively identified it from any pic.
  • p.s...r5 a and b: something about it seems to shout out 12th to 14th century seljuk turk fals. Maybe because I think I see a horse with the star. I could be wrong.