Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Lundy - cool coins in a cool holder

I love the unusual and couldn't resist these. £5 fine for minting his own coins on the island he bought.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Comments

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    For some reason I like these...

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I like these too. I never noticed until just now that the one puffin denomination shows one full puffin while the half puffin shows only one half of a puffin. I hope no real puffins were harmed in the minting of these coins.
  • Options
    Great history about this set; might Goole it up.

I have a couple of them and enjoy them very much.
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always kind of liked 'em, too, and have never had any.

Funny, I never really paid attention to that bit about the 1-puffin having a whole puffin and the half-puffin having only a partial puffin on it, until sumnom pointed that out.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Spinaker, if you went back to lurking, come out, you'll like this too. image

Rob, hadn't you read that 'Kat had made the exact same comment that you did about the birds? image

If I had found them in a similar holder+condition I would have bought them too.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3