Home Precious Metals

Feel free to post your trades here

For fun, feel free to chime in with a trade you have made. Please don't attack others in this thread, do that somewhere else.

IJH @ $142.20

I really don't like these trades when my model puts me in over the weekend on its short term trades but it is what it is.
Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

Comments

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trading a 1 oz. AGE for some roof repairs, bought the AGE in 2003 image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I should'a jumped all over PG @sub 69.00
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I traded some gold for a 900 sf, 3-car, detached garage image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I "traded" a 1984 1 oz Krug. for $1,130 US fiat currency.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    is this meant to be a hindsight looking thread, or a thread where everyone can see when the trade was initiated and then sold for gain/loss?

Hindsight=lots of tales.

Real time=not lots of tales.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traded a funny look for a dumb question. Wasn't a lucrative deal but it was a nice exchange that seemed fair, at the time.
    Was hoping it was a real time thread

• RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    I post my trades for week each Saturday. The public trading diary is going on eight years now.

http://tradesbytiger.blogspot.com/ link

There are too many trades for me to post real time. Unlike some on the Internet, I will mention the losers. With each monthly summary I give myself a letter grade, and post the win-loss rate. When looking at the win rate, keep in mind that I do mostly high probability options trading. The wins tend to be for small amounts, and the losses are sometimes whoppers. Over the long term, the win rate averages out to 80%. The returns have been positive, but nothing to write home about. I tend to stay away from talking about dollar amounts, and only occasionally mention percentages. If someone asks about dollar amounts, I tell them it is none of their business.

Was hoping it was a real time thread

That's what my impression was of what you wanted. I don't mean this in a mean manner, but good luck. I've found from my experiences in talking to people that trade for a living irl, getting any information out of them is like pulling teeth. Most are very secretive, whether they take a loss or realize a gain. They don't want to disclose either.

Now on a chat board, you can hear all sorts of tales, and usually only the winners. They wont dare to mention the 5+ losses that make up their 1:5 trading ratio. image
    I have witnessed a member go ballistic over a tip he lost $$ on. I would not give free tips on stocks here, if I were in a position to do so. I retired from PG, that is why I like them.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up 15 gallons of gas at 1.89 ea. in Charleston this weekend. Sorry POM, didn't save the receipt.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Picked up 15 gallons of gas at 1.89 ea. in Charleston this weekend. Sorry POM, didn't save the receipt. >>

Then it didn't happen.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Picked up 15 gallons of gas at 1.89 ea. in Charleston this weekend. Sorry POM, didn't save the receipt. >>

Then it didn't happen.

mark

Now what did I say in this thread that caused for comments like that? See how you biyitche$ try and provoke me, and then cry when I call you out in return? First blood is always drawn on me, always. And then you cry when I throw the rock back.

Besides all that, you 2 jack humps are breaking the rules the OP asked for in the inital post. Please don't attack others in this thread, do that somewhere else
    Somehow you'll now try to say I started it.
    I had some sadness today when I saw that my 1994 Prisoner of War Commemorative coin sold on ebay for $26 over the weekend. I paid more than that for it.
    I traded my faith in the open auction market for doubts in the value of any commodity. Drama's fun though.

Barbs are cheap. Thought processes are expensive and opinions are many. I wouldn't trade a thing for the joy I derive from reading the boards.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinkin bout buyin some USLV, but haven't decided.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it a good sign for stackers that the OFPI is near an all time high? Is that signalling a bottom?
    You guys couldnt make one thread free of BS...

Why even bother coming here anymore? Such fail.

you 2 jack humps are breaking the rules the OP asked for in the inital post. Please don't attack others in this thread, do that somewhere else
    Somehow you'll now try to say I started it. >>

OP's rules were broken by your first post to the thread:

<< Hindsight=lots of tales.

Real time=not lots of tales. >>

Don't go looking for a fight and then cry like a baby when you find one.

Right on cue with rhetoric, amazing.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it a good sign for stackers that the OFPI is near an all time high? Is that signalling a bottom? >>

Hey how did you know about the obscure fake precious metals index???...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>You guys couldnt make one thread free of BS...

Why even bother coming here anymore? Such fail. >>

Good question. I may retire from posting soon. I feel like I let the world down
    Never try to make friends on the computer. image

<< <i>

Never try to make friends on the computer. image >>

Yes it's always way more fun when you come out of retirement ...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it a good sign for stackers that the OFPI is near an all time high? Is that signalling a bottom? >>

Hey how did you know about the obscure fake precious metals index???... >>

Its real , it stands for Overall Forum Pissieness Index and its way above its 200 day moving average image

<< <i>

<< <i>

Hey how did you know about the obscure fake precious metals index???... >>

Its real , it stands for Overall Forum Pissieness Index and its way above its 200 day moving average image >>

So then as all things it must revert back to the mean, and with that ladies, gentlemen & germs, silver to $10 n below...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>

<< <i>

Never try to make friends on the computer. image >>

Yes it's always way more fun when you come out of retirement … >>

It's always fun working the crowd even without PayPow ™ Gifting
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    NUGT @ $3.10
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't trade, but I did buy some Proof AGE fractionals last week and a couple 1/2 oz Plats on Sunday.

And some Enhanced Unc base metal.image

What is this "trade" thing that you speak of?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    Nice trades of fiat there Jerry image

Wings, thanks for posting, I wish you luck. Also, thanks to Baley for his message and good luck in your trade!

<< <i>What is this "trade" thing that you speak of? >>

Trade is any transaction that takes place in your investment portfolio. I left it open ended to not exclude any one or any investment. Could be a stock trade, a trade like Morgans (AGE for roof repair), trade of fiat for metals etc.

Anything goes, just post here drama free and have some fun.

Good luck on those that posted their trades image

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After this day at the office I am going to be trading fiat for a couple martinis.

<< <i>After this day at the office I am going to be trading fiat for a couple martinis. >>

I am executing this well deserved trade right now. image
  • CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Now how did that saying go?

I wouldn't trade her for a million bucks but I'd sell her a piece at a time. image
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Dr B, is that a celebratory tini or pain killer?

Bought a little PBF today, I usually just build a position slowly, no hurry with this market

But my big trade was trading my 50lb braid for some 40lb Momoi Diamond Monofilament Line for my grouper reel. The gags have come in close and for bottom digging in 40ft I like Momoi because it's wicked strong and wont break off easily in structure.

<< <i>Dr B, is that a celebratory tini or pain killer?

>>

Both....one for each actually.

Got thrown onto a marketing project that launched yesterday. Was supposed to have a 3 day weekend but had to work all of it since I had to clean up their hot mess.

That was the pain-tini.

The launch was the celebratory-tini...well that....and I'm pretty much going to take a 3-4 day weekend for the rest of the year to try to use up the vaca I haven't been able to use, zing!

• bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Dr B, is that a celebratory tini or pain killer?

>>

Both....one for each actually.

Got thrown onto a marketing project that launched yesterday. Was supposed to have a 3 day weekend but had to work all of it since I had to clean up their hot mess.

That was the pain-tini.

The launch was the celebratory-tini...well that....and I'm pretty much going to take a 3-4 day weekend for the rest of the year to try to use up the vaca I haven't been able to use, zing! >>

Sounds like a good trade to me
    Bought more silver. Sold it already. Delivery is out 2 to 3 weeks. Who cares ? Apparently not the buyers. The sellers sure gotta have that money first, though. image
    And the banker just licks his chops after I traded my steel toed boots for sandals.
    Traded way too much fiat for these home/season openers.

GO DAWGS!!!!
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    SIC 'EM! WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!!

On a side note, I'm shaving some equities these next couple of weeks and purchasing some inverse stocks in preparation for the upcoming 7 year cycle ending on the 13th.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
    Traded greenbacks for Elton John tickets next month.

<< <i>Traded greenbacks for Elton John tickets next month. >>

don't throw in the towel over one bad trade image
    How do I buy stock at a certain price during the day tomorrow? Market order or a limit order? XXX amount fill or kill all day tomorrow? Thanksimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How do I buy stock at a certain price during the day tomorrow? Market order or a limit order? XXX amount fill or kill all day tomorrow? Thanksimage >>

At a certain price ?

Limit order.....could be day or good till cancel.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Thank you I just want to cover the day tomorrow. Try to hit a dipimage PG is at 68.48 I'm all in at 68.25

Date Fidelity Account Description Type/ Status
    09/09/2015 xxx Buy 250 Shares PG Limit at $68.25 Order Filled ......image

another 55 shares at $68.20~all in with $12.68 leftimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    Bronco image
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    gsa1fan, I thought about you the last time I looked at it when it was 68.23 and wondered if your order filled. Good luck. I think you'll be able to buy it, and everything else, alot cheaper in the next month or so. We'll see. Thanks for being transparent.

My order of UVXY didn't trigger this afternoon at $60. I may can get it a few bucks cheaper tomorrow if stocks have a good open.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

don't throw in the towel over one bad trade image >>

Hey, I saw Elton John give a 3 hr non stop outdoor evening concert in Maui about 5 years ago and he was spectacular!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Site double post.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    After my 3.5 day weekend coming up I will be trading the job I've had for a promotion. Had an 'emergency' meeting thrown at me Tuesday morning, walked into an offer letter. Made for a good day, zing! image
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I boughtt NUGT this morning for a 2-3 week trade.image
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

<< <i>

<< <i>

don't throw in the towel over one bad trade image >>

Hey, I saw Elton John give a 3 hr non stop outdoor evening concert in Maui about 5 years ago and he was spectacular! >>

I actually like Elton , blame the straight man he set the joke up for me.image

Speaking of Elton , he wrote a little song about the PM markets