Home Precious Metals

2015 2-coin Libertad Proof Set - w Reverse Proof!

Anyone else see this yet? The first ever reverse proof Libertad. I think it looks awesome. Mintage 500, exclusively through APMEX (blah). Selling like hotcakes, just in the last hour or so the price has gone up $100. This will sellout quickly I think.

http://www.apmex.com/product/91150/2015-mexico-2-coin-silver-libertad-proof-reverse-proof-set?utm_campaign=07302015product91150

Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice looking coin...Cheers, RickO
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    Nice coins. I know it shouldn't matter, but I hate that the box has APMEX on it and not a fancy box by the BofM.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice coins. I know it shouldn't matter, but I hate that the box has APMEX on it and not a fancy box by the BofM. >>

Couldn't agree more. Original price point was $199 when they went on sale earlier today. It has been steadily increasing, up to $430 now!
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is some gouging!

I'd love a RP Lib but at that price, with that markup, with that box, forget it.

Limited to 500 sets...I wonder if they'll do a single RP??
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 30 left with a price of $399...................nice coin, but to pricey for my taste.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I love my libertads(have a kilo that I love) but not at that price. It's now $499 so double no.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many of these sets are "spotted" where retailers will have to take them away from their designated customers and "live with them." image
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've neven seen a spotted lib...
  • joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭

<< <i>I wonder how many of these sets are "spotted" where retailers will have to take them away from their designated customers and "live with them." image >>

Well, these are being sold exclusively through APMEX and I know they dont bat an eye about sending people spotted coins. The real question for me is, how many of these sets are they holding back for themselves to rip apart and send in for grading? Did they already cherrypick the best 100 sets? It's what they do with all of the other Libertad proofs they sell so I don't know why this would be any different. Also, it says the SET is limited to a mintage of 500. Later this year will we see them release the reverse proof as a single coin for a price of $149 and a mintage of 5,000? Certainly possible based on the item description.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    @ $250 an oz I'll have to pass although it is a nice 2 coin set.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Lol, I just saw your goofy tag line...lol...

Savings that will keep you broke, biggest fraud since insurance, that's one way the the banks conned the public...
    keceph `anah
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lol, I just saw your goofy tag line...lol...

Savings that will keep you broke, biggest fraud since insurance, that's one way the the banks conned the public... >>

Cool guy over here. Watch out.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole