Options

2015 AGE $1,221.99, APMEX on the Bay

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
On the bay

APMEX on the bay.

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their list price in that ebay listing is 17% over spot, which is way too much. The $40 over spot isn't bad, but depending on the market, it could still get a little better.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Their list price in that ebay listing is 17% over spot, which is way too much. The $40 over spot isn't bad, but depending on the market, it could still get a little better. >>

I would like to see sub 1k. image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Their list price in that ebay listing is 17% over spot, which is way too much. The $40 over spot isn't bad, but depending on the market, it could still get a little better. >>

I would like to see sub 1k. image >>

Another two years oughta do it image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I would like to see sub 1k. image >>

Another two years oughta do it image >>

Or 2 months if things go well. I can only imagine the fool/s who bought them for $1380.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only imagine the fool/s who bought them for $1380.

The price that matters most is what you can get for it today.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>I can only imagine the fool/s who bought them for $1380.

The price that matters most is what you can get for it today.image >>

Zat's tru, but if you bought one yesterday morning you're in a deep hole.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they raise the price before they do a markdown

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>I believe they raise the price before they do a markdown >>

Seems like I recall their typical price is more like $70 - $80 over.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    with how many deals come out of the big guys, why would anyone buy at a time when a sale isnt going on. Basically just wait a week or less and you will see something.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $40 (approx 3%) over spot is a cheap premium for a $50 AGE. A constantly changing spot price makes "Good Price" something that can only be determined in hindsight. This is why premium over (or under) spot should be the determining factor once a decision to purchase has been made.

<< <i>with how many deals come out of the big guys, why would anyone buy at a time when a sale isnt going on. Basically just wait a week or less and you will see something. >>

Same with ebay and bonus bucks. My last 43 ASE tube purchases included a minimum 8% ebay bucks rebate. Yes, you can find them listed in a non-bullion category.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picked 1 up, the price was very right. I usually buy from JM but they want $1292 using PP, or $1242 using a personal check.
    I feel good about my purchase image

EDIT: Sold out, thanks mrpaseo for alerting us stackers image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>Just picked 1 up, the price was very right. I usually buy from JM but they want $1292 using PP, or $1242 using a personal check.
    I feel good about my purchase image

EDIT: Sold out, thanks mrpaseo for alerting us stackers image >>

I alerted as well under the SMOE DANG HOT DEALS post. Guess I need to make my titles more informative.
  • Options

<< <i>$40 (approx 3%) over spot is a cheap premium for a $50 AGE. A constantly changing spot price makes "Good Price" something that can only be determined in hindsight. This is why premium over (or under) spot should be the determining factor once a decision to purchase has been made.

<< <i>with how many deals come out of the big guys, why would anyone buy at a time when a sale isnt going on. Basically just wait a week or less and you will see something. >>

Same with ebay and bonus bucks. My last 43 ASE tube purchases included a minimum 8% ebay bucks rebate. Yes, you can find them listed in a non-bullion category. >>

$40 over is below the usual markup, but $20 over is even better. Of course the $20 over was when spot was $1200 or so as I recall so you paid about the same $1220 either way. If/when gold moves to $1100, neither will seem like a good buy.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    They're only a good buy when you sell...
    keceph `anah