Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold @ Spot from APMEX

Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Oh oh!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh oh! >>

first time I've wanted to cuss over a purchase.

I bought the Austrian 100 C "extra" on the last deal and am reluctant to pull the trigger on the CS bar, but I really want to pull the trigger because I have been wanting a CS bar specifically.

$%#%^^$U&*(%(^@$^@$^&amp;#&%

Someone tell me how to spend my money.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow....Credit Suisse at spot....I'm keeping my eye on that one, but reluctant to pull the trigger.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    I hope they last long enough to sleep upon it

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh oh! >>

I bought the Austrian 100 C "extra" on the last deal and am reluctant to pull the trigger on the CS bar, but I really want to pull the trigger because I have been wanting a CS bar specifically.

Someone tell me how to spend my money. >>

If you have wanted one and they are now offered at spot I say go for it!
    Good deal(at least for now until the expected drop occurs tomorrow!).

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope they last long enough to sleep upon it >>

Grr, was debating pulling the trigger on the weekend Roo deal after sleeping myself. Tempting with this one too.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    The jobs number is being released on Friday, we all remember how Gold & silver got smashed last month.......except this time the stock market is CLOSED on Friday!!!
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I wish it was eBay bucks paydate!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish it was eBay bucks paydate! >>

My thoughts exactly
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Silvertowne has 1 oz pamp suisse at spot too.
    1 oz gold pamp suisse @ spot
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eventually both the 50 and 200dma will be trending higher.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Eventually both the 50 and 200dma will be trending higher. >>

The key word being ...."Eventually"..... image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh oh! >>

Someone tell me how to spend my money. >>

If you have wanted one and they are now offered at spot I say go for it!
    Good deal(at least for now until the expected drop occurs tomorrow!).

image >>

You helped me decide. If I do it, and it being almost first spouse season, I will incur much wrath from the other half. So, I better not image I can only hope that ebay remains this desperate into Christmas.

• Options

<< <i>Link >>

OOS!

Over 2000 sold
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Link >>

OOS!

Over 2000 sold >>

Nearly $2.4m in gold sold in that auction... Wow.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gone!

• Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    I'd really be interested if they sold some plat eagles with a small premium...looking at current plat premiums, that's not happening anytime soon.
    I hadn't looked in a while, but the plat premiums are @4-5x what gold premiums are from what I'm seeing.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd really be interested if they sold some plat eagles with a small premium...looking at current plat premiums, that's not happening anytime soon.
    I hadn't looked in a while, but the plat premiums are @4-5x what gold premiums are from what I'm seeing. >>

Unlikely that will happen anytime soon....
    Collector base is tiny compared to gold and silver...probably holds true also
    for Palladium. In addition, Pt being a industrial metal along with Copper, is also a drawback.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Link >>

OOS!

Over 2000 sold >>

Nearly $2.4m in gold sold in that auction... Wow. >>

Is that a lot? To you and I im sure it is, but to the market, is it really. Im sure Bidask has clients who could easily take down that amount in a heartbeat.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    its a lot of $ moved on an auction at spot. My guess is that they had 500oz available at those prices.

• Options
    More gold at just over spot ~$2 from APMEX
    Link

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange how the ingots are being pushed but not coins. I'm guessing that there's some sort of eBay rebate being offered to their merchants, and that they were smart enough to exclude coins but not smart enough to exclude other forms of precious metal. Gotta love coin dealers. They find all of the angles!
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Strange how the ingots are being pushed but not coins. I'm guessing that there's some sort of eBay rebate being offered to their merchants, and that they were smart enough to exclude coins but not smart enough to exclude other forms of precious metal. Gotta love coin dealers. They find all of the angles! >>

Your theory does not compute...APMEX had the $50 AGE's, now sold out, for this "fire sale." BTW...all those "at spot," silver and gold auctions, are listed in the appropriate bullion categories on eBay, which excludes the buyers from receiving eBay bucks for their purchase. All these fire sales from the big boys, does not bode well for gold or silver in the coming weeks....That's my take.
  • Options

<< <i> All these fire sales from the big boys, does not bode well for gold or silver in the coming weeks....That's my take. >>

And what about the long term, lets say 3-5 years out?

• Options

<< <i>Silvertowne has 1 oz pamp suisse at spot too.
    1 oz gold pamp suisse @ spot >>

Still available.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> All these fire sales from the big boys, does not bode well for gold or silver in the coming weeks....That's my take. >>

If their metal analysts are predicting price declines why didn't their analysts prevent an inventory buildup? Their analysts are no better at predicting near term price than are you and I. Most all of us believe we know the long term picture.

The short term is as unpredictable as it is volatile. If you are looking for short term profits, concentrate on the short term volatility. If you are strictly a long term stacker, buy the dips and buy the fire sales - buy the discounted premiums.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    2015 1 oz gold maples for $1185 limit 50
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>More gold at just over spot ~$2 from APMEX
    Link >>

Dunno how many times I've looked at these on their site. Nice deal on them.

Regards to the fire sales: folks are getting those tax refunds and looking to spend them and get the triple fix - shopping while investing and playing pirate. Dealers want to move inventory and consumer money is boosting right now with refund season in play.

I say bring the deals, one of them is gonna get me I'm sure eventually...
  • Options
    Your theory does not compute...APMEX had the $50 AGE's, now sold out, for this "fire sale." BTW...all those "at spot," silver and gold auctions, are listed in the appropriate bullion categories on eBay, which excludes the buyers from receiving eBay bucks for their purchase. All these fire sales from the big boys, does not bode well for gold or silver in the coming weeks....That's my take.

I don't know if I'm exactly right. But I do know that dealers are not going to sell at spot, pay eBay and PayPal commissions, and provide free shipping, unless they are getting some sort of additional revenue from someone. And I also know that if they want to quickly exit their gold positions, they will do it in a matter of seconds by hedging in the futures market. They don't need eBay for that.
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    Try comparing the sellers' prices on eBay with the prices on their own websites. I'll bet the eBay prices are cheaper.

Ironically, this situation tells us more about eBay than it does about the bullion market. My guess is that they're desperate to make their sales numbers. If I were going to play this story, it would be by shorting eBay shares, not by shorting gold.

Andy Lustig

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2015 1 oz gold maples for $1185 limit 50 >>

If you buy 50, do you get a copy of the 1099-B that they are going to file with the IRS about your purchase?
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Try comparing the sellers' prices on eBay with the prices on their own websites. I'll bet the eBay prices are cheaper.

Ironically, this situation tells us more about eBay than it does about the bullion market. My guess is that they're desperate to make their sales numbers. If I were going to play this story, it would be by shorting eBay shares, not by shorting gold. >>

$40 higher on 1 bar on the website. Usually it's the other way round where eBay is higher due to the fees.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

If their metal analysts are predicting price declines why didn't their analysts prevent an inventory buildup? Their analysts are no better at predicting near term price than are you and I. Most all of us believe we know the long term picture.

The short term is as unpredictable as it is volatile. If you are looking for short term profits, concentrate on the short term volatility. If you are strictly a long term stacker, buy the dips and buy the fire sales - buy the discounted premiums. >>

I totally agree with your general sentiments and analysts of all kinds are most effective only when analyzing past events. However, something strange is going on the last day or two. I can't EVER recall a time when so many bullion dealers were having this kind of a fire sale. >>

About the only predictable things that would result in a rapid metal price decline are a large oil price decline or sudden euro strength.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold a Saint Gaudens in a PCGS holder for over spot . I feel like a sinner.