Home Precious Metals

Paper: Stock market rigging no longer ‘conspiracy theory’

Stock market rigging is no longer a ‘conspiracy theory’

The stock market is rigged.

When I started making that claim years ago — and provided solid evidence — people scoffed. Some called it a conspiracy theory, tinfoil hats and that sort of stuff. Most people just ignored me.

But that’s not happening anymore. The dirty secret is out.

With stock prices rushing far ahead of economic reality over the last six or so years, more experts in the financial markets are coming to the same conclusion — even if they don’t fully understand how it’s being rigged or the consequences.

Ed Yardeni, a longtime Wall Street guru who isn’t one of the clowns of the bunch, said flat out last week that the market was being propped up. “These markets are all rigged, and I don’t say that critically. I just say that factually,” he asserted on CNBC.

Yardeni’s claim is the most basic one: that the Federal Reserve won’t do anything that will upset Wall Street and, in fact, is doing all it can to help the stock market.

But there are other recent claims that come closer to the bull’s-eye, even if the archers don’t quite see what they are hitting.

The Wall Street Journal carried an intriguing story on March 11 about how the Bank of Japan was “aggressively purchasing stock funds.” (The Journal is owned by News Corp., the parent of The Post.)

“By directly underpinning the market, [Bank of Japan] officials have tried to encourage private investors to follow suit and put more money in stocks in the hope of stimulating the economy and increasing inflation,” read the report with a Tokyo dateline.

That’s called rigging the market for a higher purpose, or hoping people who can afford to invest in stocks will make lots of money and spend it. The benefits, Japan’s central bank believes, will then trickle down to the rest of the economy.

The Journal provided lots of details that I won’t get into here. But the paper also presumed that all these central bank stock purchases were being done on the Tokyo market and that only the shares of Japanese companies were being rigged.

That’s not necessarily the case. The Bank of Japan — and other central bankers around the world — could easily be purchasing shares of American companies to help out the US stock market.

And Japan could even be doing it with the blessing of Washington, which is afraid any direct intervention in equities on its part would be discovered by nosy people like me.

Last fall, we learned that one American exchange has made intervention in — rigging — foreign governments easier and cheaper to accomplish. In October, it emerged that CME Group, the Chicago exchange that trades options and commodities, had an incentive program under which foreign central banks could buy stock market derivatives like the Standard & Poor’s futures contracts at a discount.

As I’ve reported many times, S&P futures contracts are the vehicle of choice for rigging the market. They are a cheap and very powerful way to cause an artificial buying frenzy.

After the market’s sizeable drop on Wednesday — the Dow alone lost 292.60 points — be on the lookout today for aggressive S&P futures buying today. It could start in Asia or Europe, but it almost always occurs.

Foreign central banks, of course, really don’t need a discount to buy S&P futures contracts. That’s like billionaires clipping cents-off coupons. But what the CME’s discount tells us is that the Bank of Japan and other central banks are probably already customers.

So the rigging of US stock markets by foreign entities has likely been going on for some time.

Has the US ever directly rigged the stock market? I’m sure it has. The sloppiest attempt seems to have occurred in 2008 during the financial crisis, when Washington was sure our whole financial system was toppling.

Phone logs that I received showed numerous calls between Treasury secretary Hank Paulson and Wall Street banks — Goldman Sachs, in particular — that seemed to coincide nicely with stock market rallies.

Unlike the Bank of Japan, Washington would have been coy about rigging the stock market and probably would have used proxies. The New York Federal Reserve Bank, for instance, would wink and nod at its favorite banks, and trades that turn the stock market upward would suddenly be made.

There’s another kind of market rigging that is also going on. This is being done by companies themselves.

Since corporate profits and revenues aren’t growing enough to justify current high stock prices, companies have been aggressively buying back massive quantities of their own shares.

By doing this, companies reduce the number of their shares owned by the public. This accounting trick boosts the calculation of profit-per-shares because the numerator of the equation (earnings) remains the same while the denominator (outstanding shares) is reduced.

Okay, so the markets are rigged. Basically everyone now agrees on that. But should we care?

America was built on capitalism and free and fair markets. Today’s markets aren’t fair. In fact, they are unfair because they are putting lots of money into the pockets of a small number of Americans.

The bigger problem is this: If stock prices are artificially inflated, nobody can tell what a company is really worth. And banks are going to be hesitant to lend money to companies with fuzzy valuations.

The fix is in.

Everyone making excuses for the system should open their eyes and stop living in denial.

Comments

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, those damn feds.

The fed has ALWAYS had a role in influencing the markets.

So what?

Nothing new.

Next question?
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• << <i>Yeah, those damn feds.

So what?

Nothing new.

Next question? >>

This is the typical response I expect by those that buy in to this system. Nah, nothing to see here folks.. image
  • So you market supporters now concede it's rigged? The very thing you attacked me for saying in the past?

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah, those damn feds.

So what?

Nothing new.

Next question? >>

This is the typical response I expect by those that buy in to this system. Nah, nothing to see here folks.. image >>

That's correct. The fed is part of the market system.

What's your point?

We all no one can choose to play or pass. image

• << <i>

<< <i>So you market supporters now concede it's rigged? The very thing you attacked me for saying in the past? >>

I am not a "market supporter". I NEVER "attacked" you for saying it's rigged. In fact, I explicitly stated in those "attacks" that the markets were propped up. I "attacked" your lack of intelligence in saying something completely asinine in that all stocks are "worthless". If you can't make that simple and CLEAR distinctions in your head, then you're beyond help.

This article/post is about as insightful and informative as someone posting a thread on here stating "The government is spending more than it's taking in." or "Man needs water to live." >>

You may need help to understand that stocks are essentially worthless promises if push comes to shove in a crisis..

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>So you market supporters now concede it's rigged? The very thing you attacked me for saying in the past? >>

I am not a "market supporter". I NEVER "attacked" you for saying it's rigged. In fact, I explicitly stated in those "attacks" that the markets were propped up. I "attacked" your lack of intelligence in saying something completely asinine in that all stocks are "worthless". If you can't make that simple and CLEAR distinctions in your head, then you're beyond help.

This article/post is about as insightful and informative as someone posting a thread on here stating "The government is spending more than it's taking in." or "Man needs water to live." >>

You may need help to understand that stocks are essentially worthless promises if push comes to shove in a crisis.. >>

EVERYTHING is a worthless promise if push comes to shove in a crisis including your precious useless rocks and the well being or your own life. >>

Wow, you sure are pretty defensive over the stock market, for a guy who claims to not be a market supporter. You can have the useless paper. I will take the rocks that have a 5,000 year track record. image

• << <i>No one's being defensive. I've never made money from the markets. Doesn't mean I have to be embittered like people such as yourself who seem so offended that others are making money in them. If you're so convinced of some post-apocalyptic world right around the corner, then so be it. Be comfortable and happy in that. >>

Specifically, where did I say I was offended that others are making money?

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>No one's being defensive. I've never made money from the markets. Doesn't mean I have to be embittered like people such as yourself who seem so offended that others are making money in them. If you're so convinced of some post-apocalyptic world right around the corner, then so be it. Be comfortable and happy in that. >>

Specifically, where did I say I was offended that others are making money? >>

Why bother stating such an obvious position with the point that we should somehow take heed when we all already do? For someone who supposedly has no faith or an ounce of belief in the stock markets, you sure spend a lot of time here talking them down. >>

Talking them down? You mean discussing the facts about the markets that some can't stand being discussed with getting their nose out of joint?

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>No one's being defensive. I've never made money from the markets. Doesn't mean I have to be embittered like people such as yourself who seem so offended that others are making money in them. If you're so convinced of some post-apocalyptic world right around the corner, then so be it. Be comfortable and happy in that. >>

Specifically, where did I say I was offended that others are making money? >>

Why bother stating such an obvious position with the point that we should somehow take heed when we all already do? For someone who supposedly has no faith or an ounce of belief in the stock markets, you sure spend a lot of time here talking them down. >>

Talking them down? You mean discussing the facts about the markets that some can't stand being discussed with getting their nose out of joint? >>

This is a precious metals forum yet you seem intent primarily engaging in discussions about some nefarious underpinnings of a world you clearly don't even seem to understand. You probably don't even know the difference between a preferred stock or a common stock without looking it up, let along liquidated preferences, or convertible notes or stock options or anything else to do with "stocks". You don't want to talk about "facts". You just want to go on some tirade of hate for reasons you clearly don't even understand. That's not productive to YOU or this forum. If you have something to say, then say it. But don't insult our intelligence by posting NOTHING and trying to make some useless point. >>

Metals and the discussion of rigged markets go hand in hand on this forum. Don't you understand that?

The very things you accuse me of are exactly what you are all about. Isn't it interesting when you market supporters can't refute the evidence you always turn it towards personal insults?

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You may need help to understand that stocks are essentially worthless promises if push comes to shove in a crisis.. >>

EVERYTHING is a worthless promise if push comes to shove in a crisis including your precious useless rocks and the well being or your own life. >>

Wow, you sure are pretty defensive over the stock market, for a guy who claims to not be a market supporter. You can have the useless paper. I will take the rocks that have a 5,000 year track record. image >>

I dunno...image

I have made alot of money on those worthless paper promises.image

Hey, I own some worthless rocks too!

• Baseball,

It's pretty simple. If you don't like what I post, THEN DON'T READ IT. There is no need to click on my posts and then start the personal insults and claim what I post isn't any good, or I don't understand this or that. Who appointed you to be the judge over everything I post? Seriously.. I have every right to discuss things just as you do on here.

Here are some forum rules you might want to review:

Rule 1) This is not a public forum. This is a PCGS forum paid for by PCGS and provided for PCGS customers to exchange information regarding collecting US coins. We make the rules this is not a democracy.

Rule 2) Anyone posting crude or vulgar pictures or language will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 3) Anyone attacking another poster or making disparaging personal remarks will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 4) Anyone making libelous remarks concerning any individual, any company, or any other entity will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 5) If you have nothing to contribute to an OP then do not post. Snide remarks and other negative comments will result in your losing your ability to post. No more warnings.

Rule 6) This forum is about US Coins. If your post is not directly related to US Coins then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed.

Rule 7) This is a PCGS forum. Posts promoting or bashing other grading companies or service are not allowed. Those posts will be removed and your posting privileges may be removed as well.

Rule 8) This forum is provided for the education and sharing of information. Not as a personal soapbox. If you want to learn and share information about US Coins you are welcome.

Rule 9) Your signature may contain multiple images and/or links but must be limited to a single line. If you would like additional advertising space on this site please contact our Advertising Department. Violators will have their posting privileges removed.

Rule 10) If you don't like any of the rules outlined above see Rule 1.

• << <i>STMM,

It's even MORE simpler than that. If you don't like what I post or how I reply, "THEN DON'T READ IT". >>

It's no secret that we don't like each other based on a previous thread and debate months back. You came in to MY thread only to start the personal insults. Please just stop. You know the forum rules. I will not tolerate the bullying.

P.S. I also like how you try and twist things with CU and my discussing a rigged stock market as a slimy way to silence my opinions or make me look like I am going after CU. Note, I never said CU was a bad thing. Far from it! I have spent plenty with them over the years. They provide a great service to the industry. You trying to tie the two things together is nothing short of manipulating my words and intent.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was a waste of perfectly good tin foil. Now I have more for better causes.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>STMM,

It's even MORE simpler than that. If you don't like what I post or how I reply, "THEN DON'T READ IT". >>

It's no secret that we don't like each other based on a previous thread and debate months back. You came in to MY thread only to start the personal insults. Please just stop. You know the forum rules. I will not tolerate the bullying. >>

See, this is how LAME you are. I don't like or dislike you. If we align on a position, I'll support that position. I won't not support it just because you do. I'll let the truth, or least my view of it, reign the day and my comments will follow in that vein. There is NO MEMBER that I dislike. I just don't think that way.

And only the LAMEST of people would use the term "MY thread". NO MEMBER owns ANY of these threads. THEY are ALL fair game. Now if CU wants to delete them or whatever, that's TOTALLY their prerogative. But you have no more claim to this thread than me or anyone else on here. >>

Oh, there is no need to play innocent here. Almost every time I post, you can't wait to follow up with a snide comment or personal insult towards me. So, when you see I start a thread, there's little doubt you click on it like a coyote wanting in the hen house.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>STMM,

It's no secret that we don't like each other based on a previous thread and debate months back. You came in to MY thread only to start the personal insults. Please just stop. You know the forum rules. I will not tolerate the bullying.

P.S. I also like how you try and twist things with CU and my discussing a rigged stock market as a slimy way to silence my opinions or make me look like I am going after CU. Note, I never said CU was a bad thing. Far from it! I have spent plenty with them over the years. They provide a great service to the industry. You trying to tie the two things together is nothing short of manipulating my words and intent. >>

No one is twisting anything. ANY logical deduction would have to conclude as follows:

1) You think ALL stocks are worthless (your words, not mine, which I have given you ample opportunity to pack peddle from)

2) CU is a publicly traded "stock"

3) Ergo, according to YOU, an investment in CU is worthless, because all stocks are worthless.

There is NO OTHER way to deduce your comments. YOU said them, not me. >>

1. Yes, I said stocks are essentially promises that doesn't mean much if and when a crisis occurs. That isn't directed at any particular business. It's a fact that even you conceded to previously in this thread.

2. Obviously..

3. This is your way of deciding to manipulate my words. So be it.

True, I don't have faith in stocks because the globalists are rigging the markets. That doesn't mean I don't have faith in a good business like CU. There's a big difference and you know it. You don't care about that fact. You are more motivated by twisting words for your underlying agenda.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>STMM,

It's no secret that we don't like each other based on a previous thread and debate months back. You came in to MY thread only to start the personal insults. Please just stop. You know the forum rules. I will not tolerate the bullying. >>

See, this is how LAME you are. I don't like or dislike you. If we align on a position, I'll support that position. I won't not support it just because you do. I'll let the truth, or least my view of it, reign the day and my comments will follow in that vein. There is NO MEMBER that I dislike. I just don't think that way.

And only the LAMEST of people would use the term "MY thread". NO MEMBER owns ANY of these threads. THEY are ALL fair game. Now if CU wants to delete them or whatever, that's TOTALLY their prerogative. But you have no more claim to this thread than me or anyone else on here. >>

Oh, there is no need to play innocent here. Almost every time I post, you can't wait to follow up with a snide comment or personal insult towards me. So, when you see I start a thread, there's little doubt you click on it like a coyote wanting in the hen house. >>

I think you are SERIOUSLY paranoid. If ANYONE else would have posted this thread, I would have responded exactly the way I have. There is nothing in particular about you that entices me in any way to make a post that I would not have otherwise done. Get over you egotistical self. You don't even register in my mind. I have refuted the positions of many other posters on here MUCH more than I have with you. To name one, MGLICKER and I have had WAY more disagreements. I heard he was booted and quite frankly, I consider that unfortunate. >>

Of course. More personal insults of paranoia, etc...

Some of you are so predictable on here.. image

• << <i>

<< <i>

1. Yes, I said stocks are essentially promises that doesn't mean much if and when a crisis occurs. That isn't directed at any particular business. It's a fact that even you conceded to previously in this thread.

2. Obviously..

True, I don't have faith in stocks because the globalists are rigging the markets. That doesn't mean I don't have faith in a good business like CU. There's a big difference and you know it. You don't care about that fact. You are more motivated by twisting words for your underlying agenda. >>

No, your position has been that all stocks are worthless. Time and time again. You've never just said that they are "promises". Even in this VERY thread, you said they are "essentially worthless promises". See, you're the one that likes to "twist" things. I'm very consistent in my positions. So even though we both know your comments have been way more extreme, I'm willing to agree that you merely stated that an investment in CU is only "essentially worthless" and not absolutely. >>

IMO, stocks are worthless pieces of paper that will not mean much in a crisis. History shows what happens to paper when a crisis occurs. It's never pretty. How much more clear can I say it?
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MO, stocks are worthless pieces of paper that will not mean much in a crisis. History shows what happens to paper when a crisis occurs. It's never pretty. How much more clear can I say it?

And everyone agrees. We're all convinced. image

How many more times and ways are you going to say it?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

2. Obviously..

True, I don't have faith in stocks because the globalists are rigging the markets. That doesn't mean I don't have faith in a good business like CU. There's a big difference and you know it. You don't care about that fact. You are more motivated by twisting words for your underlying agenda. >>

No, your position has been that all stocks are worthless. Time and time again. You've never just said that they are "promises". Even in this VERY thread, you said they are "essentially worthless promises". See, you're the one that likes to "twist" things. I'm very consistent in my positions. So even though we both know your comments have been way more extreme, I'm willing to agree that you merely stated that an investment in CU is only "essentially worthless" and not absolutely. >>

IMO, stocks are worthless pieces of paper that will not mean much in a crisis. History shows what happens to paper when a crisis occurs. It's never pretty. How much more clear can I say it? >>

You seemed to be confused by your own statements then. Because I don't understand how ANYONE can reconcile that position with a comment like:

"That doesn't mean I don't have faith in a good business like CU."

Those comments are absolutely at odds with one another.

As for clarity, I think you are very clear. And very confused. >>

Wrong. You are the one who is confused if you don't understand the difference. In a financial crisis, do you think people are going to be worried about stocks and businesses, or just flat out survival?
    Starting to sound like one of those news story discussion boards where unknown people like to fight with other unknown people about everything except the news story.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course all markets are rigged, supported or propped up. Im not sure why this is a shock or newsworthy. I think a lot of people that let this sentiment get in the way of being involved in the stock market are somewhat bitter that the market has pretty much tripled since the last bottom. Play or refuse to play at your own peril.

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    ok step right up... who here has lived to be 5000 years old or know anyone who has?...
    keceph `anah
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ok step right up... who here has lived to be 5000 years old or know anyone who has?... >>

• << <i>Of course all markets are rigged, supported or propped up. Im not sure why this is a shock or newsworthy. I think a lot of people that let this sentiment get in the way of being involved in the stock market are somewhat bitter that the market has pretty much tripled since the last bottom. Play or refuse to play at your own peril.

Mark >>

It's not meant to be posted for a shock factor. The real point of posting the article is the fact that no one seems to be bothered with the fact that it's all rigged. The social engineers' conditioning of the population to accept such rigging sure has worked like a charm.

It appears that you're really hung up on the word "rigged," as if the interpretation of the term is some profundity. Sure, the markets are "rigged" sure, they're a "scam", and they're "a farce" and the participants are "shysters" or "sheeple." That's just great, a list of words that have connotations that you apparently find fascinating. Awesome!

We agree. And we own gold. Awesome! image

• << <i>It appears that you're really hung up on the word "rigged," as if the interpretation of the term is some profundity. Sure, the markets are "rigged" sure, they're a "scam", and they're "a farce" and the participants are "shysters" or "sheeple." That's just great, a list of words that have connotations that you apparently find fascinating. Awesome!

We agree. And we own gold. Awesome! image >>

I'm not hung up on any word. It's just a discussion. A discussion that sure makes some on here squirm over. You can tell who they are just based on their insincere replies. image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Of course all markets are rigged, supported or propped up. Im not sure why this is a shock or newsworthy. I think a lot of people that let this sentiment get in the way of being involved in the stock market are somewhat bitter that the market has pretty much tripled since the last bottom. Play or refuse to play at your own peril.

Mark >>

<< <i>Of course all markets are rigged, supported or propped up. Im not sure why this is a shock or newsworthy. I think a lot of people that let this sentiment get in the way of being involved in the stock market are somewhat bitter that the market has pretty much tripled since the last bottom. Play or refuse to play at your own peril. Mark >>

image Life is rigged from the time you're born to the time you're six feet under. Live with it...it's been like that since the age of dawn. btw..c-ck roaches do not live to be 5 thousand years old, but they've been around longer than mankind. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • LOL, Baseball. I didn't start the thread out like that. If you would have taken the time to click the link, you would see the author of the article made those comments. I just posted the article and the links to it.

• << <i>

<< <i>LOL, Baseball. I didn't start the thread out like that. If you would have taken the time to click the link, you would see the author of the article made those comments. I just posted the article and the links to it. >>

So in other words, you had NOTHING to add to the thread other than to cite another person's thoughts? >>

Are you just looking for something to pick at? All of this is coming from the same guy who has to start a thread asking others what he should invest in? Really?

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>LOL, Baseball. I didn't start the thread out like that. If you would have taken the time to click the link, you would see the author of the article made those comments. I just posted the article and the links to it. >>

So in other words, you had NOTHING to add to the thread other than to cite another person's thoughts? >>

Are you just looking for something to pick at? All of this is coming from the same guy who has to start a thread asking others what he should invest in? Really? >>

Where did I ask anyone what I should invest in? Getting pretty desperate for things to say in your need to constantly reference other threads. >>

Nothing desperate about it. Just stating the facts, Baseball. Anyone can find the thread you posted tonight asking for ideas.

• << <i>

<< <i>

Nothing desperate about it. Just stating the facts, Baseball. Anyone can find the thread you posted tonight asking for ideas. >>

What facts? There's a huge difference between investing and COLLECTING. What's more, either way, THAT is what the point of this forum is for. Talking all things precious metals/bullion. Exchanging "ideas". Not reprinting lame nonsensical articles, and then sadly not even having anything to say about them. And then declaring you were starting a "discussion". Talk about playing fast and loose with the word "discussion". >>

I don't think you have any room to criticize my posts, when you are the guy asking others for ideas about what to spend your money on.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nothing desperate about it. Just stating the facts, Baseball. Anyone can find the thread you posted tonight asking for ideas. >>

What facts? There's a huge difference between investing and COLLECTING. What's more, either way, THAT is what the point of this forum is for. Talking all things precious metals/bullion. Exchanging "ideas". Not reprinting lame nonsensical articles, and then sadly not even having anything to say about them. And then declaring you were starting a "discussion". Talk about playing fast and loose with the word "discussion". >>

I don't think you have any room to criticize my posts, when you are the guy asking others for ideas about what to spend your money on. >>

Everyone on some level or another asks others on recommendations of how to "spend (their) money". Whether it's soliciting restaurant advice, or which stock to buy, or what auto to buy, THAT's what people do in life. That's not to imply that one is going to do whatever someone suggests. They are "ideas" to consider. Some more worthy than others. Only a total IDIOT would think that they are smarter than the collective intelligence of others' ideas on top of their own. >>

I just find it ironic that a 'know it all' when it comes to criticizing my posts and every move I make has to ask others for ideas on how he should spend his money.

• << <i>

<< <i>
    I just find it ironic that a 'know it all' when it comes to criticizing my posts and every move I make has to ask others for ideas on how he should spend his money. >>

There is no "irony" in what you say. I don't consider myself a 'know it all', otherwise, I wouldn't solicit others' opinions. As for criticizing your posts, that comes from a conviction in my position (the opposite of yours) that stocks ARE NOT worthless. I can't help it if you want to stand out on a ledge with such completely ignorant statements.

And once again, get over yourself. NO ONE is watching what you do or cares. This is an internet forum where the majority of us are anonymous. No one here is thinking about you or what you say other than when they see it come across their paths. >>

Get over myself? There's nothing to get over. I'm nothing special. I never said I was either.

I find your position on stocks just as ignorant as you find mine. So be it. I know it's hard for some to accept the reality of it all, just like many pro wrestling fans still believe the WWE and the likes are real and nothing is scripted.

Time will reveal the truth. I just feel for the ones that will be left holding the empty bag because they were under the notion that "it can't happen here because America is different". The one world system will have a funny way of changing the way everything operates in the not so distant future.

• << <i>

<< <i>I'm nothing special. >>

No truer words were ever spoken. >>

The point being, we are all the same. Of course your arrogance couldn't just accept it for what it was without a personal jab.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The point being, we are all the same. Of course your arrogance couldn't just accept it for what it was without a personal jab. >>

You are a funny fellow. You make hypocritical comments in that you claim I attack you all the time but you take plenty shots of your own, not the least of which was calling my actions "slimy" when in reality, my comments were nothing but factual and not directed at you but making a logical conclusion of your comments. You make definitive statement about the future that you can't support. And once again, hypocritically, have the audacity to point out my "arrogance" when you seem to to bath in your own arrogance. You refer to me as a "know it all" but YOU'RE the one coming here staking your unwavering position that stocks are worthless and we're somehow surely in for some calamity. Then, you waver and say all but CU stock of course (we don't want to offend those in charge, you brown-noser you). But no, then again, probably them to. >>

I'm not going to get in to some stupid word twisting game about CU stock as it's pointless and your only hope is to make me look bad with our host on that issue. I get what you are up to, and I do think it's a slimy "gotcha game". I trust our host is fair enough to see it as well if they want to follow this thread from the start up to the last post.

The globalists are telling anyone wise enough to listen or read their own words in their white papers, books, on video, etc.. that things are fixing to change and they are going to bring in a one world system. Life as we all have known it will change forever at that time. They run the world, so people might want to pay attention. That is exactly why we are seeing the turmoil all over the world in these times we are living in. This is all leading up to their one world system as they topple nation after nation and they will say the world is going to need a global reset of the financial systems, etc.. It's not that far away, and more than likely, many of us will see it come to pass.

1 no one cares it's rigged, that's y people go to Vegas ...
    2 and more importantly, the WWWF is real... Bruther.....
    keceph `anah

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The point being, we are all the same. Of course your arrogance couldn't just accept it for what it was without a personal jab. >>

You are a funny fellow. You make hypocritical comments in that you claim I attack you all the time but you take plenty shots of your own, not the least of which was calling my actions "slimy" when in reality, my comments were nothing but factual and not directed at you but making a logical conclusion of your comments. You make definitive statement about the future that you can't support. And once again, hypocritically, have the audacity to point out my "arrogance" when you seem to to bath in your own arrogance. You refer to me as a "know it all" but YOU'RE the one coming here staking your unwavering position that stocks are worthless and we're somehow surely in for some calamity. Then, you waver and say all but CU stock of course (we don't want to offend those in charge, you brown-noser you). But no, then again, probably them to. >>

I'm not going to get in to some stupid word twisting game about CU stock as it's pointless and your only hope is to make me look bad with our host on that issue. I get what you are up to, and I do think it's a slimy "gotcha game". I trust our host is fair enough to see it as well if they want to follow this thread from the start up to the last post.

The globalists are telling anyone wise enough to listen or read their own words in their white papers, books, on video, etc.. that things are fixing to change and they are going to bring in a one world system. Life as we all have known it will change forever at that time. They run the world, so people might want to pay attention. That is exactly why we are seeing the turmoil all over the world in these times we are living in. This is all leading up to their one world system as they topple nation after nation and they will say the world is going to need a global reset of the financial systems, etc.. It's not that far away, and more than likely, many of us will see it come to pass. >>

First off, no one is word twisting here. They are YOUR statements. Let's be clear about that. CU stock is like every other stock. So you comments clearly apply to them as well.

As for your political drivel, take them to a political site if you are so desperate to spout your ideology as being the only correct perspective. Not everyone agrees with your viewpoints so quit getting your panties in a bunch when people call you out on them. And this isn't the place to discuss them anyhow. Don't guise it under some flimsy notion that it is "hand in hand" on topic with PMs. And if you plan on bringing up politics, which is clearly what this is, don't expect for some koom-bai-yah feeling around the room. It's going to be very controversial and antagonistic. >>

1. My position has been very clear pertaining to the stock market. I am done discussing that issue with you.

2. It's not your job to tell me where to post.

3. My comments are NOT political in any manner. I don't play the "D" vs "R" game that the system uses to control the people. Politics are nothing but nonsense..

4. My comments have everything to do with metals and how they are truly the only real money in a world of fiat and rigged markets.

5. I clearly have your panties in a wad and that is why you continue to reply.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn it....spent the day in cohodkville and almost missed a great thread.

Cry cry cry, my gold is down.
    Cry cry cry, stocks are up.

Market must be rigged because the investments I made over the last 5 years were all completely wrong. I'm the smartest man in the world and can't be wrong so markets must be rigger. They are out to get me, but I'm too smart. I read the good book and "he" told me what will happen. Hahaha

This is pretty simple folks. In 2009 stocks were very cheap relative to other assets. In 2011 PMs were very expensive relative to other assets. The first step in being a man is never placing blame. Take responsibility for your bad investment decisions and stop blaming "Them".

Or go back to crying.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• << <i>

<< <i>
    1. My position has been very clear pertaining to the stock market. I am done discussing that issue with you.

2. It's not your job to tell me where to post.

3. My comments are NOT political in any manner. I don't play the "D" vs "R" game that the system uses to control the people. Politics are nothing but nonsense..

4. My comments have everything to do with metals and how they are truly the only real money in a world of fiat and rigged markets.

5. I clearly have your panties in a wad and that is why you continue to reply. >>

1. And my comments to your position pertaining to the stock market is very clear. I may or may not be done discussing that issue with you.

2. Since you like to post "rules", I thought you liked following them. One them being to stay on topic.

3. You seem to be drinking some form of political kool-aid for sure.

4. You say nothing about metals in your original post nor hardly mention it at all in the entire thread so I have no idea what you mean when you say your comment "have everything to do with metals".

5. Just like you to retort lacking any original words of your own and copying my comments. No thought of your own about this "one world". Not even some simple thoughts on a simple article. Just some rambling incoherent frustration with the world that you can't remotely articulate. And a smouldering anger toward those that dare call you out on your complete nonsense. >>

I posted my thoughts and opinions. I'm sorry you couldn't read and/or comprehend them. And none of my opinions are from any political point of view. I am a political atheist.

Smoldering anger? Really? LOL! I am far from upset or angry. This is just an exchange of comments on a message board.

• << <i>

<< <i>I posted my thoughts and opinions. I'm sorry you couldn't read and/or comprehend them. And none of my opinions are from any political point of view. I am a political atheist.

Smoldering anger? Really? LOL! I am far from upset or angry. This is just an exchange of comments on a message board. >>

I'm even sorrier that you couldn't articulate your "thoughts and opinions". And for a guy who claims he's not angry, your sure like to play the victim and accuse others of attacking you. Do you just like stirring up drama in your world? >>

You have deemed yourself judge and executioner, and would pick at anything I have to say, so it's pointless to argue that with you.

I'm no victim. I just refuse to back down to someone like yourself who does nothing but enjoy telling me how I don't measure up to what you deem as worthy. I had a brother in law that used to do that to my sister until she got wise and sent him packing. Mental abuse is a common thing some people like to do to feel better about themselves.

So I am stirring up drama, when you are the one who started the personal insults because you didn't like what I originally posted to start this thread? Pot calling the Kettle?

• << <i>

<< <i>You have deemed yourself judge and executioner, and would pick at anything I have to say, so it's pointless to argue that with you.

I'm no victim. I just refuse to back down to someone like yourself who enjoys telling me how I don't measure up to what you deem as worthy. I had a brother in law that used to do that to my sister until she got wise and sent him packing. Mental abuse is a common thing some people like to do to feel better about themselves.

So I am stirring up drama, when you are the one who started the personal insults because you didn't like what I posted to start this thread? Pot calling the Kettle? >>

Once again, playing the victim card. This coming from the guy who spent a half dozen posts trying to make a lame point about how dare I criticize your viewpoints all the while starting a thread on soliciting collecting ideas. You apparently have no idea how this forum works or its intended purposes. Your failed attempts at trying to get one over on me makes as much sense as you criticizing me for eating a steak for dinner when I wore sneakers all day. Huh???

I don't consider you a "victim". As far as I can tell, YOU'RE the only one that considers yourself that. >>

Read the bolded above.. image

• << <i>

<< <i>

Read the bolded above.. image >>

What's to read? I don't care if you "back down" or not. If you have something to say, say it and I will be happy to do the same. That's how these types of places work. You seem repeatedly confused about the simple protocols of an internet message board. >>

Yep, these internet message boards and "protocols" are so hard to figure. Meanwhile, I am leading you around by the nose and you don't even realize it. Good night, Baseball.. image

• << <i>Darn it....spent the day in cohodkville and almost missed a great thread.

Cry cry cry, my gold is down.
    Cry cry cry, stocks are up.

Market must be rigged because the investments I made over the last 5 years were all completely wrong. I'm the smartest man in the world and can't be wrong so markets must be rigger. They are out to get me, but I'm too smart. I read the good book and "he" told me what will happen. Hahaha

This is pretty simple folks. In 2009 stocks were very cheap relative to other assets. In 2011 PMs were very expensive relative to other assets. The first step in being a man is never placing blame. Take responsibility for your bad investment decisions and stop blaming "Them".

Or go back to crying. >>

Now you know what a person's investments are without them ever telling you what they are/were? Really? Wow, only you and Miss Cleo are that good..

Yeah, the good book is only for dummies. The real men and smart people are better off laughing and mocking those dummies. I mean, it's not like the world is currently unfolding just as that "He" said it would thousands of years ago.

Is this brawl a spill over from the sports card forum? If so take it back there.

Coming on to the precious metals forum and "educating" us on how rigged and risky the US stock market is, is a little like going on to a boating and yachting forum and educating them on how risky and rigged the California real estate market is. "you know, those houses do sometimes burn down, suffer from earthquake and mudslide damage, right?.. here's a link to an op/ed article someone wrote about it.."

Like, thanks man! I had no idea!

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the entire thread begins in the opening post where opinion is presented as fact. The fact is, there is very little fact presented in the blog.

In fact, the terminology in the title is even incorrect..

rig2
    riɡ/
    verb
    past tense: rigged; past participle: rigged
    manage or conduct (something) fraudulently so as to produce a result or situation that is advantageous to a particular person.
    "the results of the elections had been rigged"
    synonyms: manipulate, engineer, distort, misrepresent, pervert, tamper with, doctor; More
    cause an artificial rise or fall in prices in (a market, especially the stock market) with a view to personal profit.
    "he accused games manufacturers of rigging the market"

An investor in the stock market is clearly not at a disadvantage as he has seen increases in his investments. "They (bad guys)" have talked up the stock market and investors have been rewarded.

However, "Them (good guys)", have talked up the PM markets, even offering "specials", which have not rewarded investors.

Kinda makes ones eye twitch, doesnt it?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

all's good til the music stops. Get a chair while you can.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>all's good til the music stops. Get a chair while you can. >>

Waiting for what....a market correction or a further decline in PM's?
    My La-Z-Boy recliner has cobwebs. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    Matter of fact, ALL real estate and houses built on land are subject to risks, maybe only a fool would live in a house built on land. I mean, you've got fires, earthquakes, landslides, droughts, dust storms, tornados, blizzards, ice storms, hurricanes, floods... wai, wha? FLOODS, yes, indeed, sometimes it floods! Sometimes, there's a really, big, I mean epic flood!

Only a Boat is the time tested way to survive a Big Flood, right? I mean, am I right, people? Let's link some articles here in the PM forum about the advantages of living on boats.

<< <i>Is this brawl a spill over from the sports card forum? If so take it back there. >>

what kinda bs statement is this?...

we accept all comers here... this is the big arena, the major leagues...

except of course when the old guys start cryin...
    keceph `anah