Home Precious Metals
Options

Who here owns visa? This stock just keeps paying off

Split coming in march...image

As a shareholder, I am excited.
Positive BST transactions with Timbuk3, coindeuce, charlottedude.

Comments

• Options
    I will go out on a limb and take a risk-I think gilead sciences will crush earnings next tuesday and see its shares surge. I am a gilead shareholder as well.
  • Options
    DFS and AXP sure haven't been doing well...I own some of those two stocks as well.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt if anyone cares about your stock predictions here.
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, not me !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    A split?.... Lol.... Hilarious... Now another wannabe minor leaguer...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Good pick, Coinrollhunter.......I mean Hopsin!
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    What's the dividend pay? If there is one
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good pick, Coinrollhunter.......I mean Hopsin! >>

Thanks
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    Since it's HQ is in the California Bay Area, can it be considered a "Tech Stock" ?
  • Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭

<< <i>What's the dividend pay? If there is one >>

Only slightly higher than a lowly checking account !
  • Options
    Yea but it's gonna split.... Lol
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Both my gf and I have owned it since shortly after its IPO. After watching MasterCard take off in a previous offering, Visa seemed like a no-brainer.
  • Options

<< <i>Good pick, Coinrollhunter.......I mean Hopsin! >>

Thanks, Benjamin Netanyahu...I mean MGLicker!
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will go out on a limb and take a risk-I think gilead sciences will crush earnings next tuesday and see its shares surge. I am a gilead shareholder as well. >>

Crap I hope so. I am heavily invested in GILD. That bio tech sell off was gold a while back. GILD at 80 was the no brainer of 2014.
  • Options
    If only GILD paid a dividend...CMG will crush earnings as well on tuesday. I think both GILD and CMG trade much higher after the bell when their reports come in. GILD will beat on eps and revenue I think because abbvie didn't gain the market share they were looking to in HCV treatment (they are trying to compete with GILD in this department)-all of the prescription numbers coming in for harvoni and sovaldi appear strong...CMG should be a no brainer given lower gas prices and their growth rate in the first place. When low oil over the past quarter is added to the equation, I think CMG can easily see a 10% move to the upside after hours. Potentially more. I think GILD will post earnings of...2.60...CMG will post earnings of 4.43. If you want to profit, all you got to do is buy one or both of them before 4 pm on 2/3/15. I think both companies will issue bullish forward guidance...

Now we have it on record. We will see what tuesday brings. I am willing to be wrong.
  • Options
    I know people like rawteam and mglicker think the SP 500 will be at around 1300 or so in the next year. They are welcome to their opinions. They can short the market-or they can short individual stocks, like boeing. People who poopoo the investments of others should come forward publicly and admit what their investments are, rather than espousing the usual "stocks are terrible...buy gold...the government is trying to take our guns" mentality that the conservative posters here have.
  • Options
    Let's do a test. Just settle this right here. Let's "invest" 5,000 dollars in gold and 5,000 dollars in silver on one side (the conservative mglicker/rawteam/bible thumper side) and INVEST 10,000 dollars in the S&P 500 on monday. Let's revisit these "investments" 30 years from now and see which one has done better. The stock investment will do much better than the "investment" of precious metals which pay no dividends and make no money.
  • Options

<< <i>..... People who poopoo the investments of others should come forward publicly and admit what their investments are, rather than espousing the usual "stocks are terrible...buy gold...the government is trying to take our guns" mentality that the conservative posters here have. >>

I'm all for full disclosure.....starting with any alt ID's.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>..... People who poopoo the investments of others should come forward publicly and admit what their investments are, rather than espousing the usual "stocks are terrible...buy gold...the government is trying to take our guns" mentality that the conservative posters here have. >>

I'm all for full disclosure.....starting with any alt ID's. >>

Starting with your religious and political views and any potential conspiracy theories you believe in...you first.
  • Options
    ??????... U have any quotes of me saying s&p at 1300?...
    I think if u look back I may have luckily howbeit using a little ingenuity had showed u the last 6-9 month low and said buy...

Anyways I really don't care, lol...

One can always have the opportunity at all times to win/make moolah...
    You, I think when you win actually think you have become king Midas, (as that's the disease that affects most), and thus ultimately become a hamster in the wheel...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>??????... U have any quotes of me saying s&p at 1300?...
    I think if u look back I may have luckily howbeit using a little ingenuity had showed u the last 6-9 month low and said buy...

Anyways I really don't care, lol...

One can always have the opportunity at all times to win/make moolah...
    You, I think when you win actually think you have become king Midas, (as that's the disease that affects most), and thus ultimately become a hamster in the wheel... >>

You sure talk about king midas a lot.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who here owns visa? This stock just keeps paying off >>

pays me at least 1% on every purchase.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm all for full disclosure.....starting with any alt ID's. >>

Starting with your religious and political views and any potential conspiracy theories you believe in...you first. >>

It's your thread and your ID's. You first. I'm coming up on 25,000 posts this year. Don't have the time to be more than one person. But I do appreciate you placing your first few posts in my gold POLL thread starting on January 1st. It was nice of you to pick up the slack for the anti-gold Baseball who last posted on December 31st. I always appreciate continuity of thought.

Gold POLL

I carry Mastercard.

• Options

<< <i>Let's do a test. Just settle this right here. Let's "invest" 5,000 dollars in gold and 5,000 dollars in silver on one side (the conservative mglicker/rawteam/bible thumper side) and INVEST 10,000 dollars in the S&P 500 on monday. Let's revisit these "investments" 30 years from now and see which one has done better. The stock investment will do much better than the "investment" of precious metals which pay no dividends and make no money. >>

I'll be dead in 30 years. We already have proof that gold has outperformed the stock market for the past 15 and 45 years. What more do you want? Sure looks to me like gold made plenty of money in those time frames. How can you say that gold makes no money? It's up 5X in the past 15 years.....36X in the past 45 years. Don't know about you but that's making money in my book. Rare coins have done pretty well the past 45 years too, especially the higher end choice/gem market of 18th, 19th and early 20th century coins. Probably up 50X to 100X on the higher end of the market. But they don't "make money" either because they just sit there without dividends....lol. I wonder if the Pogue's realize they won't be "making money" on their "gold and silver coin investments" put aside over the past 40 years? The entire field of precious metals and collectibles hasn't made money in the past 45 years. image

Let's change your S&P vs. gold comparison to the next 5 years. We'll revisit gold vs. stocks on Feb 1st 2020. At least the odds of us being alive by then are a lot better to see how it comes out.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to invest in anything that is dependent upon debt being repaid - ticking time bomb. No T Bills in my portfolio.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coinrollhunter was similarly obsessed with conservative, gun, Christianity and gold-bashing. Nobody else here continues to harp on these points. Just a quickie observation.

I don't want to invest in anything that is dependent upon debt being repaid - ticking time bomb. No T Bills in my portfolio.

I agree with you. However, it's also been noted that the markets can remain irrational longer than we can remain solvent.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    No. 30 year time frame.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< Let's do a test. Just settle this right here. Let's "invest" 5,000 dollars in gold and 5,000 dollars in silver on one side (the conservative mglicker/rawteam/bible thumper side) >>

....and all we hear are crickets when the fast money crowd goes blotto.