Home Precious Metals

Just got ebay email for coupon code for bullion purchase over $250

fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭
Hey all,

Seems ebay has a coupon code, CBULLION25, for 25 off a 250 or more bullion purchase. Ends Feb 3rd.

Coupon is good once for each user ID it says.

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the tip. I will check my accounts.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Did you get it in the form of a message or was it like a banner button? Asking because I have neither image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you get it in the form of a message or was it like a banner button? Asking because I have neither image >>

It was an email from ebay just a bit ago. I wanted to save the image the coupon code came in but like a typical email the image was made up of many images. A pain to reproduce it here.
    So I think the answer you are looking for is that the details were in an image you could click on and it takes you to this ebay page: http://www.ebay.com/rpp/dailydealevents/These-Deals-Are-Money
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notification appears to be email only. Check the email account tied to your ebay account. Mine works with any ebay bullion category purchase of $250 and over and not just the "daily deals."

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much. Worked for me on this deal from MCM Link
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

<< <i>No emails for either of my accounts. >>

I did not get the email but the code worked at checkout

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>No emails for either of my accounts. >>

I did not get the email but the code worked at checkout >>

same here, but worked for me also..
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    moral of the story appears to be that if an ebay offer is limited to specific accounts, notification of the offer goes directly to the accounts via ebay message.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CBULLION50 works for accounts given it.

CBULLION25 was not receive here but worked for me.

it's over spot, but not by a lot and it's close to 1/5 oz

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I just saved $25 on the purchase of a J-M 1 Kilo silver bar..

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Worked for me and I didn't get an email or ebay message so I'm sure everyone can use it. I bought 20 more Libertads from Apmex. They have a deal right now $4 off 20 or more ($20.89) plus the $25 off gave me a total of $392. Only $19.63 per coin!

Thx FC!!!
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    In fact, I bought another roll with another $25 off using a different paypal acct. I think I'm on to something here...
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    FYI it doesn't have to be on a single item/auction as long as the total is over $250. Not sure if it all has to me from the same seller or not. I picked up some stuff from MCM. Total was over $250 on two items and it worked.
  • The CBULLION25 is working for everyone. I looked for the closest bullion deal to $250 I could find to make the $25 off the highest percentage. MCM had 5 2015 silver Pandas for $125.70. I bought 2 and got 10 Pandas for $22.64 ea. Pandas always carry at least a small premium so they have a little down side protection. This deal is good until Tuesday should I have waited for it to go lower? I'll let you know Tuesday. MCM wants $27 for singles so it's a nice discount.
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Thank you for sharing! I shopped at MCM as well.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
    took advantage .. with the $25 off coupon, purchased at below melt. BIN before coupon...$1,274.99...( in addition 1% rebate through ebates.com ) SOLD OUT.

Warning....I just found out, when you complete your check-out and apply the code, eBay accepts it and deducts the $25 from the purchase price, but the amount charged to your paypal account, will not reflect the discounted price, but only the full purchase price. The code worked twice for me, but not for a third time.

1 oz Royal Canadian Mint Gold Bar
    The code worked twice for me, but not for a third time

I was able to use it 4 times between my 3 accounts and my wifes account. Thanks to the OP and everyone here saying it would still work even if I didn't receive one.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rite forum

About $380 after discount and MrRebates and CC rewards points.
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    More "deals" for those who haven't used the coupon yet.

A couple of them may be good even without the coupon.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Spot +92 cents for a batch of ASEs. Thanks all for the tip.
    20 ASEs for 18.36 ea. after CBULLION25 coupon, CC rebate and Mr. Rebates rebate

Will not let you use $25 off coupon more than once from same ebay account or same paypal account. You don't see this until you go to pay with paypal - be careful.

Thanks, John for another great deal.

<< <i>rite forum

About $380 after discount and MrRebates and CC rewards points. >>

How I made my deal hotter:

My deal site has 5% on Cards.
    I buy the cards, get 5%
    Then use them and get 1%

Shhhhhh

So far so good 6% pending.

Gold under melt.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>rite forum

I actually got a phone call today from this eBayer letting me know the item shipped and of course hyping and plugging their website.

Please share more image

<< <i>

<< <i>

I buy the cards, get 5%
    Then use them and get 1%

Shhhhhh

Gold under melt. >>

Please share more image >>

PM coming

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I buy the cards, get 5%
    Then use them and get 1%

Shhhhhh

Gold under melt. >>

Please share more image >>

PM coming >>

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of $250 precious metal buys, where's the POM / APMEX thread?...
    keceph `anah
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Speaking of $250 precious metal buys, where's the POM / APMEX thread?... >>

The thread went POOF as well it should. I wonder if POM has been banned....again.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

<< <i>

<< <i>Speaking of $250 precious metal buys, where's the POM / APMEX thread?... >>

The thread went POOF as well it should. I wonder if POM has been banned....again. >>

How can you tell when a member has been banned? His profile is still up.
    he kwiths poththing.

<< <i>

<< <i>rite forum

I buy the cards, get 5%
    Then use them and get 1%

Shhhhhh

Gold under melt. >>

2 caveats to this
    1) apparently you can only buy 5 ebay gift cards then there is a break*** where they don't sell to you. So, my use of the GC on the 25/250 locked me out of using GC on the most recent 4x ebay bucks deal.

2) the GC are paid by CC, not the coin. Buy the coin from a reputable source as your means of recourse would only be through ebay.

*** if anyone knows how long the break is, please post that info. is it 30 days? No one at ebay I've talked with, nor paypal_digital_gifts, knows the delay they place. lol lol lol And I've talked with many as they like to transfer lately more than flat out lie (or say, let me find out and call you back)

Me on the 30th, 1 day after purchase in this thread:
    I was able to use it 4 times between my 3 accounts and my wifes account. Thanks to the OP and everyone here saying it would still work even if I didn't receive one

You trolling:
    Speaking of $250 precious metal buys, where's the POM / APMEX thread?...

You confused about what the point was about:
    The thread went POOF as well it should. I wonder if POM has been banned....again

Me on the 5th, 1 week after making > what you think was just a $250 purchase (made 4 purchases using 3 accounts, each >$250, see above or on the 30th when post was made).
    Hands tied til the 19th. Finally received a reply today, 7 days after purchase and 3 after initial inquiry because of initial estimated delivery date passing with no product received, saying "eBay sets estimated delivery time."
    Responded by asking why is the package containing all 4 purchases marked as shipped? Awaiting response...

the whole thing boils down to why was a false estimated delivery date given, then changed by 16 day? Why no response for 3 business days after initial inquiry of said delivery date passing? Why is it marked as shipped right off the bat, now the expected date is 2/19 when it originally was 2/3?
    I don't know why some can't see that that's the issue. They took money for something they couldn't deliver on when they said they would. Was allowed to significantly change the expected delivery date. Took 3 business days to reply when they have full staff specifically for customer service. Marked as shipped 1 day after payment was made for all items, but they admit they have not shipped.

<< <i>the whole thing boils down to why was a false estimated delivery date given, then changed by 16 day? Why no response for 3 business days after initial inquiry of said delivery date passing? Why is it marked as shipped right off the bat, now the expected date is 2/19 when it originally was 2/3? >>

your were told a number of times in the other thread and now by the seller that seller does not choose the estimated delivery date. Each time you were told this is was correct information.

Probably marked as shipped by the seller to meet seller handling time to in order to keep FVF discount. Whether it has actually shipped you should soon know via delivery. Hard to determine without a tracking number - maybe they just forgot to post it.

Why u ask?... Hmmm, after much thought, I will reply, why not?...
    keceph `anah
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the code fc, I used it and it worked.

LCoopie = Les
    your were told a number of times in the other thread and now by the seller that seller does not choose the estimated delivery date. Each time you were told this is was correct information.

your were? lol. Agreed. Doesn't change the fact of everything else.

Probably marked as shipped by the seller to meet seller handling time to in order to keep FVF discount. Whether it has actually shipped you should soon know via delivery. Hard to determine without a tracking number - maybe they just forgot to post it.

So it's ok for them to circumvent how the system works by marking it as shipped when they apparently don't even have the items in stock, or else they would be on their way at this point, right? That's what you're saying, you're justifying that as being ok. To keep the FVF discount and to avoid a low DSR being left on shipping time. You're ok with that and making a buyer wait 3 weeks, possibly longer?

Respond if you choose to but I don't want this thread to go south because it's not mine and I am grateful to the OP for making the offer known, so I'll leave it at that.
    It's just been very frustrating and I think other than calling them as most have suggested (which is fine, that's how YOU guys may have handled it, I stated my reasons why I choose not to) anyone else would've been as concerned having been lied to on several levels, not responded to in a timely manner (imagine the concern here on CU if in 3 business days not getting a reply with a 4 figure transaction on the line) and them being allowed to change things up because of who they are and what they mean to eBay being one of their largest revenue generators.
    oops, sorry
    site is really messed up right now, not advancing threads when posted on.
    Yeah

Ebay invents those dates.

2 more reasons to call
    Warm body can take complaints about messaging nonresponse
    Messaging wasn't working very well

Bloop

Bloop3
    Bloop 4

Confucius say… solving problems, dig at the roots instead of hacking at the leaves...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>Confucius say… solving problems, dig at the roots instead of hacking at the leaves... >>

He wise. He say many tings.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>20 ASEs for 18.36 ea. after CBULLION25 coupon, CC rebate and Mr. Rebates rebate

Will not let you use $25 off coupon more than once from same ebay account or same paypal account. You don't see this until you go to pay with paypal - be careful.

Thanks, John for another great deal. >>

That's what I used the $25 coupon on.
    Got them today. Definitely believed before John said something, and after he said it, that they don't cherrypick as the ones I got look MS70 to me (at least, the first 5 I just looked at....they all came separately packed in flips with 5 flips to the little plastic baggie....I did buy 20 hoping to just get them in the tube but they must have already had them set aside in groups of 5).

Putting 2 into the albums now.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Any new bullion discount codes available????