Home Precious Metals
Options

2015 ASEs on eBay from MCM for $399.95/roll now!

for anyone interested.
Currently seems to be the cheapest deal.
Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    linky

Limit 3 tubes per buyer.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great price

Buy nowhere else

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great price....about $1.70 per coin above spot. Since it wasn't APMEX with one of their "sales," I couldn't pas it up. (Note, every time APMEX had one those deals, it was a harbinger of lower prices shortly thereafter.)image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    MCM is my go to bullion source.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought three. I'm sure they have already been searched for the high grade ASE's for submission to the scabbing services and these are the rejects but at this price I don't care since I'm just interested in buying silver.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>Great price....about $1.70 per coin above spot. >>

Anyone know what the distributors pay the mint for new ASE's? Sounds like MCM is selling below their costs.

• Options

<< <i>

Anyone know what the distributors pay the mint for new ASE's? Sounds like MCM is selling below their costs. >>

Seems to be the case, even with deeply discounted selling fees. Apmex buy price is within a couple of cents a coin.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Or, they locked in their order when spot was lower, and are still making money with the recent pick up in prices.
  • Options

<< <i>Or, they locked in their order when spot was lower, and are still making money with the recent pick up in prices. >>

It's possible but most commodity prices are based on the current market rather than on the earlier acquisition price.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Or, they locked in their order when spot was lower, and are still making money with the recent pick up in prices. >>

It's possible but most commodity prices are based on the current market rather than on the earlier acquisition price. >>

Unless you're having a sale because you purchased inventory when spot was $2 cheaper.

MCM paid at least $2.50 over spot unless they caught a fire sale from an authorized distributor.

When you add in shipping, handling, and EB/PP fees still not much profit, but lots of potential new customers, especially when you prove great service.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Anyone know what the distributors pay the mint for new ASE's? Sounds like MCM is selling below their costs. >>

Distributors/APs of which there are 11 IIRC and APMEX is one, pay the Mint $2 per coin over spot. If you were someone like MCM in the same city as NGC, you would maybe cut a deal with an AP to purchase say 150,000 coins. The AP would have them drop shipped directly to NGC. If you wanted NGC to grade only 100,000 of them, you would go over to NGC and get the other 50,000 and sell them through your normal channel or on eBay like they've done here. Because of the cost involved, one would not want to have to pay to ship those more than once.

If you recall about a year ago, someone from PCGS posted a pic of at least 5 pallets of ASEs in monster boxes sitting in their receiving room. I expect that those probably belong to APMEX. AFAIK, they are the only AP that sells graded ASEs, but I could be wrong there. I think the APs generally mark the ASEs up by about 25 to 35 cents. My local dealer says that APMEX has pretty much gotten away from selling to dealers at a discount and is mostly retail.
  • Options

<< <i>

It's possible but most commodity prices are based on the current market rather than on the earlier acquisition price. >>

2015s were being pre-sold for quite some time. If you locked in an order when spot was $16, you're probably into them at $18.50 a pop. Selling at $20 apiece puts you about $1.70 over current spot or $1.50 [$30 per roll] over cost. Even with Fees and free shipping, they're probably coming out ahead.
  • Options

<< <i>Great price

Buy nowhere else >>

I don't know about that. If APMEX, Pinehurst or JMBullon offered a similar deal, I'd buy there. My allegiance is to the guy offering the best price. I can pay list price/retail anywhere. Right now that seems to be the best price for small quantities of 2015s.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coool, thanks for the tip. 2 rolls will do
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Seems to be the case, even with deeply discounted selling fees. Apmex buy price is within a couple of cents a coin. >>

RE: Your sig line. The fuel used by a Lamborghini race car is piddly in comparison to the extra energy used by BILLIONS of incandescent light bulbs. Ya gotta think VOLUME!image
  • Options

<< <i>The fuel used by a Lamborghini race car is piddly in comparison to the extra energy used by BILLIONS of incandescent light bulbs. >>

Ya gotta think choice. Consumer can opt for an economy car getting 35 MPG or a large pickup getting 13 MPG. A difference of say 500 gallons of fuel per year for the average driver. Significant against what a few incandescent bulbs consume.

But hey, there is no place in America for logic. image
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Thank you John and crew for a great deal. Appreciate it! image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    ....and thanks to Mariner for posting. I would have missed it.
  • Options
    bonkroodbonkrood Posts: 796 ✭✭✭
    Got some....Thanks.
    image Steam Power
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>....and thanks to Mariner for posting. I would have missed it. >>

Sign up for their emails on the site, its how I grabbed it. But yes thanks to those that post the deals, its appreciated.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Sweet. Even better with 10% off coupon got additional $100 off for 3 rolls
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you John and crew for a great deal. Appreciate it! image >>

You're welcome. Regarding any speculation about these rolls being picked over, that is not the case. Straight from the monster boxes, none sent in for grading. Occasionally you can buy coins form others that have been though the services at a slight discount. We tried and had no luck. We had none ourselves because we graded 69's and almost nothing is less than 69. These are the fresh real McCoy. Not many remaining maybe 2-3 hours worth I'd say. Thanks to all that bought and to those that posted nice comments.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options

<< <i>

You're welcome. Regarding any speculation about these rolls being picked over, that is not the case. Straight from the monster boxes, none sent in for grading. Occasionally you can buy coins form others that have been though the services at a slight discount. We tried and had no luck. We had none ourselves because we graded 69's and almost nothing is less than 69. These are the fresh real McCoy. Not many remaining maybe 2-3 hours worth I'd say. Thanks to all that bought and to those that posted nice comments.

John >>

Thanks John...for my first order of 1 roll, I did not see the 10% off coupon code....ordered another batch but this time with the 10% off. image
  • Options
    Interesting.... I don't know anything about the 10% off... that must be an ebay thing, nothing to do with us. If I'm not mistaken, 10% off this already low price would put you $6+ below melt on a roll.....

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• Options

<< <i>

John >>

Thanks for clearing this up and thanks for a great deal.image

• Options

<< <i>Interesting.... I don't know anything about the 10% off... that must be an ebay thing, nothing to do with us. If I'm not mistaken, 10% off this already low price would put you $6+ below melt on a roll..... >>

Yup...$40 off per 1 roll = $359.95 & yes it's an eBay thing.
  • Options
    morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

John >>

Thanks John...for my first order of 1 roll, I did not see the 10% off coupon code....ordered another batch but this time with the 10% off. image >>

What is the 10% off code??
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the 10% coupon?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options

<< <i>linky

Limit 3 tubes per buyer. >>

Where does it say that?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>....and thanks to Mariner for posting. I would have missed it. >>

Sign up for their emails on the site, its how I grabbed it. But yes thanks to those that post the deals, its appreciated. >>

I get some emails from MCM, but not for this one IIRC.
  • Options

<< <i>

John >>

When did the mint actually start shipping these John?
  • Options
    I believe AP's took delivery on the 16th. The first of our coins arrived the next day, on Saturday the 17th.

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    In for one, Thank you John
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>linky

Limit 3 tubes per buyer. >>

Where does it say that? >>

It will not let you enter a quantity of more than 3. Allows more buyers to enjoy the savings. Thanks John.

• Options
    Done deal. Promotional supply officially sold out at 11:25pm ET. Thanks to all!image

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• Options

<< <i>Done deal. Promotional supply officially sold out at 11:25pm ET. Thanks to all!image >>

Thank you, John.

Great part of numismatics is that a large dealer will communicate with the consumers on a Saturday night.

Doubtful that Tim Cook or Bill Gates would do the same.
  • Options
    PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Thanks John. And thanks to those who posted the info about the deal. Much appreciated!

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Done deal. Promotional supply officially sold out at 11:25pm ET. Thanks to all!image >>

Thank you, John.

Great part of numismatics is that a large dealer will communicate with the consumers on a Saturday night.

Doubtful that Tim Cook or Bill Gates would do the same. >>

Have you tried calling either one?image
  • Options

<< <i>Have you tried calling either one? >>

Not successfully....all I get is tech support in India.

• Options
    Thanks, got some just under the time line at 10:30ish
  • Options

Price is now $447.77 on this listing. When you snooze, you loose.image

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An excellent deal while it lasted!
    ----- kj
  • Options
    $1.26 over spot after my rebates.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Just received notice my order has shipped.
    What great service and price.
    Thanks John and Modern Coin Mart.
    A class act all the way!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>Just received notice my order has shipped.
    What great service and price.
    Thanks John and Modern Coin Mart.
    A class act all the way! >>

same here...shipping label produced, to be shipped on Monday
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Thank you, John.

Doubtful that Tim Cook or Bill Gates would do the same. >>

Why would you try to get Bill Gates anyway? You have something you need with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation?
    That's been his focus for the last 15 years, since he gave up the reigns at Microsoft.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Great price at current spot! I am so confident that silver is heading lower this year I didn't get one roll.
    looking the grab 2015 SAE rolls at $335-$350

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure hope silver doesn't decline any further!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Anticipating the arrival of the 60 unsearched eagles soon!