Home Precious Metals

Kitco news - France nationalist party leader wants gold back in France, among other thing

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
extra! Extra!

A new thread for the same things!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you really blame them? Would you want our current government to hold your gold for you? Hell no!!!

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you really blame them? Would you want our current government to hold your gold for you? Hell no!!! >>

Yes, with the Republicans holding the House and taking over the Senate there is no telling what crazy things the U.S. might do!!! Right?????

See how it works both ways? It is better to just leave politics out of a numismatic forum. Give it a try.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    the whole idea of holding the gold here was a vestige of WWII. Europe was afraid the Russians would attack and capture their gold. So they stored it here. Made a lot of sense. Maybe not so much any more. But there is a huge cost to transporting all that gold. I hope we charge for that.

Then again, Russia isn't looking so tame anymore
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Can you really blame them? Would you want our current government to hold your gold for you? Hell no!!! >>

Yes, with the Republicans holding the House and taking over the Senate there is no telling what crazy things the U.S. might do!!! Right?????

See how it works both ways? It is better to just leave politics out of a numismatic forum. Give it a try. >>

touché
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I store my gold.....would not want anyone else storing it for me...image Do not blame them at all with the financial shenanigans going on here. Cheers, RickO
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

See how it works both ways? It is better to just leave politics out of a numismatic forum. Give it a try. >>

touché >>

You guys are so funny but it's time for a reality check..The stature of the US has dropped in the eyes of the world over the last six years. Drawing red lines in the sand and then backing down doesn't instill faith in foreign governments that their gold will be safe in our hands. It's all a matter of perception and unfortunately the world perceives Obama as being a weak president. Perhaps it's time for another apology tour.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the Republicans holding the House and taking over the Senate there is no telling what crazy things the U.S. might do!!! Right?????

Not a chance! They've already shown that they are afraid to actually do anything that might involve a spine.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

touché >>

You guys are so funny but it's time for a reality check..The stature of the US has dropped in the eyes of the world over the last six years. Drawing red lines in the sand and then backing down doesn't instill faith in foreign governments that their gold will be safe in our hands. It's all a matter of perception and unfortunately the world perceives Obama as being a weak president. Perhaps it's time for another apology tour. >>

Based on how our economy is rolling along, I would think our stature has risen. Were it not for the US, the world would be in a severe recession.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>See how it works both ways? It is better to just leave politics out of a numismatic forum. Give it a try. >>

Lol, I found this quite entertaining, everything involving numismatics is pure politics...
    keceph `anah
  • Guys, the two party system is used by the PTB to keep us occupied arguing while they collude in private to strip our freedom and push us towards a one world system. Yes, BOTH parties are ran and controlled by criminals. Please don't dismiss what I am saying before you fully research my statements. Please do not be deceived and get caught up in the false left (D) vs (R) right paradigm. If you do play that game, you are playing right into their hands.

<< <i>Guys, the two party system is used by the PTB to keep us occupied arguing while they collude in private to strip our freedom and push us towards a one world system. Yes, BOTH parties are ran and controlled by criminals. Please don't dismiss what I am saying before you fully research my statements. Please do not be deceived and get caught up in the false left (D) vs (R) right paradigm. If you do play that game, you are playing right into their hands. >>

Lol, wth r u talking about??? Research for what? Is some conclusion going to rectify something? U forget to take a bunch of meds?...
    keceph `anah
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Guys, the two party system is used by the PTB to keep us occupied arguing while they collude in private to strip our freedom and push us towards a one world system. Yes, BOTH parties are ran and controlled by criminals. Please don't dismiss what I am saying before you fully research my statements. Please do not be deceived and get caught up in the false left (D) vs (R) right paradigm. If you do play that game, you are playing right into their hands. >>

Which one world system will it be? Democratic or Republican?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long live the French.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Long live the French. >>

Their worst enemy is not Germany, Britain, America etc, but rather themselves.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>See how it works both ways? It is better to just leave politics out of a numismatic forum. Give it a try. >>

Lol, I found this quite entertaining, everything involving numismatics is pure politics... >>

Petty politics too.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the list of countries that asked for their gold back , took their gold back already, or are rumbling about the idea to this point?

Venezuela ? Germany, Netherlands , France ?

Whose gold has been stolen or rumored to have been removed recently? Libya , Cyprus??? , Ukraine

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, I mean correct. Both sides use the classic "divide and conquer" tactic. Pit the Public against itself in race wars, economic wars, class warfare, war on women, etc... Keep the Public distracted, divisive or at the very least apathetic. Remember the opening of the Connie(?) It doesn't say 'We The Politicians...' Or 'We the Corporations....' It's about US (the People) vs. THEM (politicians.) WE have not been represented as a People for quite some time...

• << <i>

Right, I mean correct. Both sides use the classic "divide and conquer" tactic. Pit the Public against itself in race wars, economic wars, class warfare, war on women, etc... Keep the Public distracted, divisive or at the very least apathetic. Remember the opening of the Connie(?) It doesn't say 'We The Politicians...' Or 'We the Corporations....' It's about US (the People) vs. THEM (politicians.) WE have not been represented as a People for quite some time... >>

Bingo! I am glad there are others like yourself on here that truly understand what is going on, instead of making foolish insults while they haven't a clue as to how this world truly works based on their own comments.
    Lol, how the world works huh??? Classic unadulterated bullshat...
    It never mattered in my life who was in any political office that it affected what I could or could not accomplish.... Or anyone else for that matter... Keep hiding, keep complaining, never accomplish...
    keceph `anah

• << <i>Lol, how the world works huh??? Classic unadulterated bullshat...
    It never mattered in my life who was in any political office that it affected what I could or could not accomplish.... Or anyone else for that matter... Keep hiding, keep complaining, never accomplish... >>

You hardly ever post anything that makes sense. You just rant on and make foolish statements to stir up controversy. Like I said, based on your own words, you have no clue how this world really works. FYI, what I am referring to is not just about politics. It's much bigger than that. Instead of continuing to be uninformed, please do what I ask in my first reply to this thread and you might learn something. That is if you truly want to. I have my doubts based on your conduct thus far.

As far as hiding and never accomplishing anything? I am not sure where that juvenile comment comes from because you have no clue as to what I do to make my community a better place. It's too bad all you can do is attack what I say instead of researching the information that does affect your life whether you realize it or not.
    If it makes no sense 2 u, then it's u who can't figure it out...
    Research, lol, research for what exactly, research to conclusion of what action then that will give one some superhuman power?....
    keceph `anah
    If u have some truth, then spit it out, only then after review, it might be actionable...
    keceph `anah

• << <i>If u have some truth, then spit it out, only then after review, it might be actionable... >>

My first post in this thread was very clear as to the subject I am speaking of. If you are not able to read and comprehend that, then I am wasting my time arguing with you. I have seen many others try and engage with you in discussion and you play the same nutty games with them. I will not waste anymore of my time on replies to you. Instead, I will enjoy discussions with other members who truly get how the world works and why things are happening like they are these days.
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I understand how the world works and your assertion that the present two parties are colluding to somehow take something from you does not hold water in any form or fashion. Taken in the context of our history, please elucidate what is being taken from us?

The present two parties are at loggerheads due to moving away from the center, but in opposite directions. Neither is guiltless, but to believe there is a huge conspiracy that has some unspecified plan to create a new world order is the subject of interesting books, but not based upon any reality.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the idea to convert some amount of foreign currency reserves to gold a good think or a bad think?

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The present two parties are at loggerheads due to moving away from the center, but in opposite directions. Neither is guiltless, but to believe there is a huge conspiracy that has some unspecified plan to create a new world order is the subject of interesting books, but not based upon any reality.

I don't see either "party" doing anything but attempting to solidify their own power bases. Neither one seems to be willing to represent much of what I think is vitally important, including upholding the basic principles in the Constitution.

It's mostly about sausage-making for their own benefit, and NOT on behalf of their constituents. We could do better with a whole lot fewer regulations and a whole lot fewer bureaucrats, but that scenario is very unlikely because they are 100% self-serving while in office, and then they become lobbyists with "access". Not a particularly good scenario.

With friends like these, who needs a conspiracy?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

• << <i>

<< <i>I understand how the world works and your assertion that the present two parties are colluding to somehow take something from you does not hold water in any form or fashion. Taken in the context of our history, please elucidate what is being taken from us?

The present two parties are at loggerheads due to moving away from the center, but in opposite directions. Neither is guiltless, but to believe there is a huge conspiracy that has some unspecified plan to create a new world order is the subject of interesting books, but not based upon any reality. >>

I was going to suggest "Shadows of Power". A coworker shared his first edition with me, and it really opened my eyes as to the who and how (in their own words), but I see that your mind is already made up - nothing I could say or do would change that.

Carry on - good luck.

Cheers, >>

Yeah, it's funny some can say that they don't have a plan for a new world order, while the PTB are telling you in their own words that they are and that is why all of these events are being strategically planned and carried out around the world as we speak.

If anyone gets time, read Project For The New American Century. Look in to Agenda 21. Also, Bush 41 called for the nwo and said they would be successful. You can find youtube videos of him calling for it. We also have VP Biden on record just recently saying the new military grads will be the new fighting force for the nwo. BO has also called for a nwo many, many times. You can type that in to any search engine and find that as well. Nah, nothing to see here folks. It's a 'conspiracy'. And isn't it funny that the ptb weaponized the term 'conspiracy theory' to silent questioning or truth to come out? Yeah, if you doubt me, look that up as well. The truth is right in front of everyone if they just open their eyes and observe these people's own words on video, in print, and their own white papers they put out.

Biden's own words
    The nWo is defunct... They did hold many of the world belts, but that was then...this is now...
    U will never in your lifetime see a nWo...
    keceph `anah