Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was accused of being a fool.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather see the short list. That is, what markets haven't they been accused of rigging? Whale blubber might make the list. HSBC is custodian for the gold ETF GLD. And we all know they wouldn't be playing
    games with the bookkeeping. Well, maybe in Platinum, but surely not in gold....lol.

Has to be nice to be a high level exec in a big bank or brokerage that rig nearly every market on earth, and know you can't go to jail. Only the "little people" go to jail.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

HSBC is pretty heavily into the cocaine, heroin and weed markets also. Of course their experience with large scale drug trade goes back almost 200 years so you would expect that they would be on top of that sort of thing.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has to be nice to be a high level exec in a big bank or brokerage that rig nearly every market on earth, and know you can't go to jail. >>

At least until your employer believes you might be called in to testify. image

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd rather see the short list. That is, what markets haven't they been accused of rigging? Whale blubber might make the list. HSBC is custodian for the gold ETF GLD. And we all know they wouldn't be playing
    games with the bookkeeping. Well, maybe in Platinum, but surely not in gold....lol.

Has to be nice to be a high level exec in a big bank or brokerage that rig nearly every market on earth, and know you can't go to jail. Only the "little people" go to jail. >>

How true. I, as a small fish, tend to think one should just swim in the draft of the big fish and go along with the ride, and thus pick up a few of the meager profits they allow. But usually, I end up getting slapped the the big fish tail..... image
    ----- kj
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Has to be nice to be a high level exec in a big bank or brokerage that rig nearly every market on earth, and know you can't go to jail. >>

At least until your employer believes you might be called in to testify. image >>

Well, I never said they couldn't get "whacked" or allowed to swim with the fish. Maybe it's time to give them hazardous duty pay?
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I like about platinum is that someday, platinum supplies are going to be hard to come by.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The thing I like about platinum is that someday, platinum supplies are going to be hard to come by. >>

By then nobody will need any...
    keceph `anah