Home Precious Metals
Options

Stinking American Metals Market...

and their .05 profit taking p's me off!
Nearly every morning I get up the last 2.5 weeks the Europe/Asia market is up, sometimes pretty nicely, but by the end of the American session it ends up down for the day. Stinkin nickel proft takers. Let the damn thing run for awhile, the rest of the world is trying.
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you loud and clear !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    The big boy's 1Billion shares at a nickel gets them $50M in profit before taxes. Gotta love swimming with sharks with a chum suit on.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    The big boy's 1Billion shares at a nickel gets them $50M in profit before taxes. Gotta love swimming with sharks with a chum suit on.

As if I wasn't already disgusted enough with the whole thing Wes LOL.
    I guess this is why there is an increasing disconnect between paper & physical. If the big boys had to WAIT til however many oz's that works out to be would actually get delivered to them, physically, I bet that would change their approach. Even if it's only a couple days, I bet they don't have nads that big to leave themselves dangling for even just 2 days with that much on the line. But they are only doing what the market allows them to do, guess they really shouldn't be blamed.
    It's just a way of thinking that I can't even relate to being a card carrying member of the working poor.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    You are right on all accounts. Us small fish can only hope to claw our way to ride on the crowded frayed coattails of the big boys and play their game for now. But one day the physical will come due...........and lookout. Thru da roof. Yeahhhh boyeeeee.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be delighted to buy some bullion at discounted prices and not cry too much if we ever have to sell it at discounted prices.

The upside is when we get to sell at outrageous prices during the manic phase, assuming that the discounted prices didn't scare us off.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Reverse of the equities market that get nibbled up by the dip buyers.

Tonight as the Bananarepublicazation of the nation is completed, metal prices should rise.
  • Options
    It's going to be the attack of the .05 profit takers today, you watch, I said so. image No wagering allowed
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the other side of that non-wager. image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snatched this from an article today. It may or may not offer consolation, but I'm not banking or wagering on too much volatility.

" Gold prices are likely to remain vulnerable in the near-term amid indications a strengthening U.S. economic recovery will force the Federal Reserve to start raising interest rates sooner and faster than previously thought."

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/copper-futures-trade-near-8-month-low-ahead-of-us-data-cm417463#ixzz3KBF5K1ka

• Options
    I'll take the other side of that non-wager

Accepted image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will just watch.... snowing outside so will make good entertainment.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Not that it matters...but image

Hi derryb image I'm just glad it wasn't another 5% one day beatdown.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nearly every morning I get up the last 2.5 weeks the Europe/Asia market is up, sometimes pretty nicely, but by the end of the American session it ends up down for the day. Stinkin nickel proft takers. Let the damn thing run for awhile, the rest of the world is trying. >>

Prices held firm all day in the US market. The Asian market is taking it down.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Who cares? How many contracts u own?,
    Long phyzz, short paper only way to play...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Damn Louie. It's just somfin to chat about. Have a drink on me and chill my brutha
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Damn Louie. It's just somfin to chat about. Have a drink on me and chill my brutha >>

Lol, that's been along chat... Goin on 4 yrs, lol, HT2U...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you said "shrinking". image

my bad.