And a 5.60% yield.

Comments

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep collecting and submitting....image Cheers, RickO
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Good time to take profits!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching CLCT over the last 6 years has proven quite interesting. Dividend yield was well over 10% a few years ago IIRC.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Watching CLCT over the last 6 years has proven quite interesting. Dividend yield was well over 10% a few years ago IIRC.

image >>

Owning CLCT since 2009 has been very profitable. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    I am starting to get a little cautious here. Q2 submissions are down from last year at this time. Coin show reports are also showing some slowdown. Ebay sales seem a little off too.

I took some off the table. Will need to adjust my sigline

<< <i>I am starting to get a little cautious here. Q2 submissions are down from last year at this time. Coin show reports are also showing some slowdown. Ebay sales seem a little off too.

I took some off the table. Will need to adjust my sigline >>

Likewise ... have done that over the last 2 years, but with my cost basis being $2.58, I can weather any downturn. We shall see if China will be profitable this quarter. 10 year notes yielding a paltry 2.11% should keep this stock from falling below $20, if CLCT can maintain their current dividend rate.
    there are plenty of larger companies that can give you a yield of 4%+. Is the 1.5% higher yield worth the risk on such small company if growth has stalled? Waiting to see what the submissions are for Baltimore until I make up my mind. Typically the best time to sell is right before going ex-dividend
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    Today's pre-market ask 23.70. 5¢ lower than 52 week high.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

<< <i>Today's pre-market ask 23.70. 5¢ lower than 52 week high. >>

pre-market ask has been as high as $27. It is an illiquid stock and pre-market activity is merely meant to sway the uninformed.

Coin certs are now running below 5K/day. A Very slow pace.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like I should sell and rebuy when it adjusts abit.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>Sounds like I should sell and rebuy when it adjusts abit..... >>

could be a small slump. Will know more in a couple of weeks after Balt show. Stock tends to rise before going ex-dividend anyway especially after they announce the dividend. But keep watching the stats page and be aware. 99% of investors in this stock don't even know about the stats page
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chart looks like there will soon be some material news.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Non stop insider selling...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>Non stop insider selling... >>

Some of that is options that would have expired had they not been exercised. Would you leave FREE money on the table? Most was from David Hall who is getting up there in age. He is the largest shareholder. Maybe he is diversifying. Maybe he is buying some once in a lifetime coins that have recently come onto the market (Newman, Pogue, etc). He bought much at $2. I'd sell some too.

<< <i>The chart looks like there will soon be some material news. >>

I see nothing in the chart other than they will declare their next dividend next week. Same 3 month cycle as always
    Lol, the majority like 99%, r not options, and they all r selling....
    Hall is not largest holder...
    Now of course all should be selling, but they r selling alot...
    keceph `anah

Someone take em private, givin 2 much money away... On the cheaps, of course...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>Lol, the majority like 99%, r not options, and they all r selling....
    Hall is not largest holder...
    Now of course all should be selling, but they r selling alot... >>

check your facts before speaking on such matters. Hall is by far the largest holder. Moyer and Farrington had expiring options that they exercised. Other "sales" were by the company to cover taxes on vested shares.
    Who is Richard Duncan ?
    keceph `anah

<< <i>Who is Richard Duncan ? >>

Second largest holder. See the 13D he filed.

13D
    Lol, also selling optionables that are a couple hundred shares don't compare to real selling of thousands and tens of thousands of shares...
    Get a grip...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>

Someone take em private, givin 2 much money away... On the cheaps, of course... >>

There executives are not highly paid. Hall makes a salary of $450K. The BOD members don't get much either.

you have an ax to grind with these guys?
    Lol, I could care less, u brought up the stock, I thought we were talking stock and prices, u want smoke blown up to u, then say so...
    keceph `anah
    Also can u please provide any link or reference to largest shareholder?, thanks...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>Also can u please provide any link or reference to largest shareholder?, thanks... >>

I already showed Duncan's link. Would you like me to do any more due diligence for you?

Hall is the largest shareholder. Period
    Yea, didn't c your edit, now I can c he dumped over 25% of his holdings this year, as last year he was largest shareholder...
    keceph `anah
    Funny how no one reporting that big dump, one has to find it in that filing, not on any insider selling news info...
    keceph `anah
    All time closing high of $23.90 achieved today with only moderate volume. image
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All time closing high of $23.90 achieved today with only moderate volume. image >>

Weren't they around $30 in 1999?

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>All time closing high of $23.90 achieved today with only moderate volume. image >>

image >>

$30.45 close January 2000.

<< <i>

image >>

Good dili VH, looks if accurate over $32... but you know that wasn't a real price, even if it was real... Lol...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>

image >>

Dividend adjusted, today is the all-time closing high
    What's dividend adjusted? ...
    keceph `anah
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Dividend adjusted, today is the all-time closing high >>

Sorry. $30 is a bigger number than $23.90. 1999 would be the closing high. Dividends are a benefit of ownership and a reward for risk.
    Lol, no it's a new way to value stocks, lol, funny though should be in the book "Stock Investing 4 Dummies"...
    keceph `anah
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My charts show a high of 20.91 in early 2000.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

<< <i>What's dividend adjusted? ... >>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

$30.45 close January 2000. >>

Not so....close on Jan 3, 2000 was $8.38. Perhaps your quote takes into account several stock splits since then.

CLCT historical prices since 1999
    Not so....close on Jan 3, 2000 was $8.38. Perhaps your quote takes into account several stock splits since then.

Probably the case as historic highs are split adjusted.

<< <i>Not so....close on Jan 3, 2000 was $8.38. Perhaps your quote takes into account several stock splits since then.

Probably the case as historic highs are split adjusted. >>

historic closes need to be adjusted for splits and dividends. We are at a dividend adjusted all-time high

<< <i>historic closes need to be adjusted for splits and dividends. We are at a dividend adjusted all-time high >>

In mining, liquidating dividends are often disbursed as the asset value diminishes. You might have an argument in that type of situation.

Is that the case with CLCT? Their dividend does seem quite high vs their earnings, though as an ongoing concern they seem to be maintaining or growing their business.

<< <i>

<< <i>historic closes need to be adjusted for splits and dividends. We are at a dividend adjusted all-time high >>

In mining, liquidating dividends are often disbursed as the asset value diminishes. You might have an argument in that type of situation.

Is that the case with CLCT? Their dividend does seem quite high vs their earnings, though as an ongoing concern they seem to be maintaining or growing their business. >>

You make a very common mistake. GAAP earnings are a fictitious piece of info. They can be "made". Cash flow can't be falsified. Either you generate cash or you don't. CLCT generated $1.2M in cash last year even after paying the dividend. Their cash is only a couple million off their all-time high of a few years ago despite starting up Euro and Chinese offices which have lost $3M in aggregate. An analyst on the last conference call asked if they would be INCREASING the dividend.

Having said that, I am looking to sell above $24

<< <i>You make a very common mistake. GAAP earnings are a fictitious piece of info. >>

Thank you for the clarification as I didn't intend to do an analysis of CLCT financials this morning. Just took a look at the published PE which at first glance would not support a 5% plus dividend, at least not for a sustained period.

<< <i>

<< <i>You make a very common mistake. GAAP earnings are a fictitious piece of info. >>

Thank you for the clarification as I didn't intend to do an analysis of CLCT financials this morning. Just took a look at the published PE which at first glance would not support a 5% plus dividend, at least not for a sustained period. >>

The dividend was 12% about 18 months ago. If you follow the statistics page, you can determine the best times to be in and out of the stock. Numbers are published every day
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    This ... conversation is giving me a headache. If you believe in the company, buy some stock. If you believe in making money and don't care how it's done or who you finance, buy a mutual fund. Or you can try to split the difference and buy one of those specialized mutual funds. Or you can become a day trader and buy/sell on a regular basis to surf the market waves. Just remember even the best surfers crash and wipeout. The tortoise won the race.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

<< <i>

<< <i>

Is that the case with CLCT? Their dividend does seem quite high vs their earnings, though as an ongoing concern they seem to be maintaining or growing their business. >>

You make a very common mistake. GAAP earnings are a fictitious piece of info. They can be "made". Cash flow can't be falsified. Either you generate cash or you don't. CLCT generated $1.2M in cash last year even after paying the dividend. Their cash is only a couple million off their all-time high of a few years ago despite starting up Euro and Chinese offices which have lost $3M in aggregate. An analyst on the last conference call asked if they would be INCREASING the dividend.

Having said that, I am looking to sell above $24 >>

Here's your chance...CLCT above $24image
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Having said that, I am looking to sell above $24 >>

24.19, sell, sell, sell.
    24.19, sell, sell, sell.

I sold 2K of my remaining 8K shares at around $24.30. They are in my taxable account unfortunately, but are held long term. October coin certs are just over 120K now with one day to go. Last time certs were this low the stock was in the $10-$12 range. Is it a one month lull or a trend? But shorts don't follow that closely and they are getting margin calls. Every short is under water big time.

To compare coin certs with last October, we are 50K behind. At $20/each, a $1M shortfall

added stats from last yr
    Sold 10% of my holdings at $24.85..(just received the confirmation)....
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wai... wha? Silver and gold are going down, but the business of selling plastic and paper and ink to go with them is at an all time high?

Interesting!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry