Home Precious Metals
Options

Hardcore Pawn's...

VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
...Seth Gold was in town today for a fundraiser at a local pawn shop so I stopped down to see him and glanced into the coin & bullion cabinet and saw this 1994 American Silver Eagle staring back with a $20 price tag. They were selling 1oz generic bars for $21 and 1oz generic rounds for $20. It was priced as a generic round obviously. Lowest mintage in the series and MS70 to boot! image Just kidding of course but it still passes as BU I'd say.

And I was surprised by Seth Gold. He looked a little older in person and was shorter than I expected. He did seem friendly but the line for a photo/autograph was way longer than I would have waited through.

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    * 1996 is the key date.
  • Options

<< <i>* 1996 is the key date. >>

Oops! You're right. I stand corrected, 1996 is the lowest mintage.

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    That show is so staged I could only stand 1 episode.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALL reality shows are staged....100%....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That show is so staged I could only stand 1 episode. >>

But they still have some "interesting" type characters that Pawn Stars doesn't have.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

But they still have some "interesting" type characters that Pawn Stars doesn't have. >>

Both shows were watchable for a while. They have since jumped the shark.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

But they still have some "interesting" type characters that Pawn Stars doesn't have. >>

Both shows were watchable for a while. They have since jumped the shark. >>

I used to work on Eight Mile. That show is more real then one may expect in regards to the characters.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>I used to work on Eight Mile. That show is more real then one may expect in regards to the characters. >>

Got you beat, MJ....I worked on seven mile.

You are correct, the angry customers are right on and it is hard to imagine that they are scripted. Most everything else is though.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I used to work on Eight Mile. That show is more real then one may expect in regards to the characters. >>

You are correct, the angry customers are right on and it is hard to imagine that they are scripted. Most everything else is though. >>

I will raise you Grand River and Greenfield in terms of savory customers…………………MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You are correct, the angry customers are right on and it is hard to imagine that they are scripted. Most everything else is though. >>

I will raise you Grand River and Greenfield in terms of savory customers…………………MJ >>

South of Fenkell? ......ok you win. image

Looked at MapQuest, my grandmother worked at the Federal dept. store on that corner until about 1975. Most nights she took the bus home after closing. I guess that she has us both beat.
  • Options
    I grew up in Gary, In...murder capital of the US per capita

Bought the house I grew up in from the old man when I was 20 and lived there til I was 26, by myself, and it was the 'hood the whole time.
    Never had a single problem. Might have had something to do with coming home drunk off my arse one night, blasted Metallica with all the windows open and shot off the M16 a few times screaming "you wanna win the war? You must know what you're fighting for" at the top of my lungs.
    No one called the cops and I got "the nod" of approval from everyone from that night forward til I moved.
    And it didn't hurt that I could ball with the brothers too, nickname was Bird. Couldn't dribble with the left hand for nothing, but would consistently hit 30 foot bombs.
  • Options

<< <i>I grew up in Gary, In...murder capital of the US per capita

Bought the house I grew up in from the old man when I was 20 and lived there til I was 26, by myself, and it was the 'hood the whole time.
    Never had a single problem. Might have had something to do with coming home drunk off my arse one night, blasted Metallica with all the windows open and shot off the M16 a few times screaming "you wanna win the war? You must know what you're fighting for" at the top of my lungs.
    No one called the cops and I got "the nod" of approval from everyone from that night forward til I moved.
    And it didn't hurt that I could ball with the brothers too, nickname was Bird. Couldn't dribble with the left hand for nothing, but would consistently hit 30 foot bombs. >>

Come'on bro. I know Bird could dribble with his left hand. At least prior emptying a banana clip into the ceiling of the Garden.

• Options
    Come'on bro. I know Bird could dribble with his left hand. At least prior emptying a banana clip into the ceiling of the Garden.

Nope lol. Never mastered the art of more than 2 dribbles with the non-dominant hand on a drive to the hoop.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I will raise you Grand River and Greenfield in terms of savory customers…………………MJ >>

South of Fenkell? ......ok you win. image

Looked at MapQuest, my grandmother worked at the Federal dept. store on that corner until about 1975. Most nights she took the bus home after closing. I guess that she has us both beat. >>

If you rolled up 21 mile to Utica or further up the thumb you would have bumped into me in the 70s. Place is entirely different the last time I was up there ~8 years ago.

I'd say the folks on hardcore pawn there are fairly accurate.