Home Precious Metals
Options

When will Gold and Silver break below $1200 and $18?

BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
Getting close

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see if the Scottish referendum affects prices. Consensus seems to be that the vote will fail so a pass would be the surprise.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    by noon tomorrow.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>by noon tomorrow. >>

You really think it will take THAT long? >>

I guess I could speed it up by ordering some, LOLOL
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1200 gold this month for sure. $18 silver by Halloween. These are excellent buying opportunities.

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    2 weeks is my guess. Probably go back up to 1230 in the mean time then drop again.
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Flip this thread upside down and it will sound like threads when it was $35/$1550, estimating in the opposite direction.

But for now, how low do you think it can go?
    COA
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like by the end of the year, at least !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comment withdrawn as it was just a statement of the obvious.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we hit sub 1200 back in December for what, half a day. We'll hit it again, I'll say Halloween - c'mon 6 week stability!

Sub 18....2 weeks for my swag at it.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe we get to buy it this low again. Almost makes me giddy.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>by noon tomorrow. >>

maybe friday image
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was the day for silver. Sub 18 this morning for a tick or 2.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Today was the day for silver. Sub 18 this morning for a tick or 2. >>

It is amazing. If you have the cash to buy and hold in quantity this is a great time to do it. Monster boxes below $10k on some sites.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver at $17.87, US dollar up again, 8 US dollars will now buy 9 Australian dollars.

I think it's all about the dollar. When the dollar falls, silver/gold will rise.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Today was the day for silver. Sub 18 this morning for a tick or 2. >>

It is amazing. If you have the cash to buy and hold in quantity this is a great time to do it. Monster boxes below $10k on some sites. >>

Just picked up some 90% at spot. A good day to buy.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Bought 2 days early. image
    40 oz of bars & rounds @ 20X.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    Would not be surprised to see silver below $17 and gold below $1190 in the next week or two. Could also go up to $19 and $1250, but can it go higher?

Looks a lot like they're going to be making lower highs and lower lows for a while. What the market needs is a nice crisis, or some more fancy gimmick bullion that earns a premium over melt and fabrication costs

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it finally happen this or next week?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like silver is close to breaking below $17.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    At this point, I'm seriously considering selling a decent chunk of my gold and buying silver.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options

<< <i>At this point, I'm seriously considering selling a decent chunk of my gold and buying silver. >>

For what reason assuming you are above water on the gold?
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I bought most my gold around this price point. I'm playing with the GSR. Atm, it's roughly 70-1. I could trade some gold into silver and then trade the silver back to gold when it's more favorable. Maybe low 40's whenever that may be. Idk if it's the best idea but seems like a good one atm.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Silver just blew through some stops and $17, USLV approaching 10% loss on the day.

Could be some climactic selling, $64 dollar question, where will major resistance be?
  • Options
    silver now below $17 ($16.92) gold not far behind in breaking the $1200 barrier.
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Major resistance will appear by the time it hits $15.00

Right now the trend has silver going lower, and it doesn't make sense to fight the trend.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Silver below 17$ as I type.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Platinum catching up with gold in this current downward spiral...less than $60 separates the two.
  • Options
    "Buy when blood is running in the streets, when sentiment is low, when prices have been smashed, and when nobody else wants to buy." - GE Christenson

• Options

<< <i>2015 will mark a huge PM buying frenzy, as prices will move up from the 2014 lows.

What will catch market followers off guard is that PM's and the stock market will both move higher at the same time.

I won't bore you with why I feel that way, but that is my prediction. >>

Might be wishful thinking on your part.

Not gonna happen until:

A) The dollar looses strengths ( with most major currencies even weaker, I don't see that any time soon)
    B) Gold & Silver once again becomes an attractive investment and the "speculators" return in droves to the PM paper market.
    C) Excessive Inventory of physical gold & silver needs to be absorbed first.
    D) Negative predictions vastly outnumber the positive ones.

My call for 2015....more sideways movement, with occasional short lived rallies. I don't believe we have seen the lows yet for gold or silver. (When the major bullion dealers stop having tempting sales, then it's time to start paying attention image)
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (When the major bullion dealers stop having tempting sales, then it's time to start paying attentionimage )

There might be some truth to that, OPA.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    dealers are tempting buyers only because they currently need to be tempted. Big dealers are in the business to move inventory. While they do not strive for losses they realize that losses offset their taxable gains.

• Options

<< <i>dealers are tempting buyers only because they currently need to be tempted. Big dealers are in the business to move inventory. While they do not strive for losses they realize that losses offset their taxable gains. >>

did u miss myimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>dealers are tempting buyers only because they currently need to be tempted. Big dealers are in the business to move inventory. While they do not strive for losses they realize that losses offset their taxable gains. >>

did u miss myimage >>

No, and I too don't believe we have seen the bottom.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't find most of the physical silver offers especially tempting at $2.50 to $3.00 per ounce over spot. The lower the silver price goes, the higher the premium rises (as a percentage of the purchase price). At today's depressed prices, I prefer some of the smaller gold and silver exchange traded funds and their lower buy/sell spreads.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>I don't find most of the physical silver offers especially tempting at $2.50 to $3.00 per ounce over spot. The lower the silver price goes, the higher the premium rises (as a percentage of the purchase price). At today's depressed prices, I prefer some of the smaller gold and silver exchange traded funds and their lower buy/sell spreads. >>

The big dealers are paying a $2 premium on silver eagles right out of the US Mint.

• Options
    Gold 1199.50 silver 16.96

• Options

<< <i>Gold 1199.50 silver 16.96 >>

Platinum..$1235..now only less than $50 behind gold
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭
    I have a question for more experienced stackers. I'm really new to this, but want to get "in" at this price on silver.

I have some Morgan Dollars, Peace Dollars, and ASE's that my grandpa left me. Most of them seem to bring $30-50 a piece and the 1996 ASE I have must be a short print or something. My question is does it make sense to sell these pieces and invest in 5 or 10 oz silver bars instead - or do you prefer to keep the older silver/clad rounds and the ASEs??

Thanks in advance.
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    Gold going down shouldn't matter. We make it up on gas.
  • Options

<< <i>Gold going down shouldn't matter. We make it up on gas. >>

Not here...gas prices have also dropped by 10%
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Gold going down shouldn't matter. We make it up on gas. >>

Not here...gas prices have also dropped by 10% >>

I think that's the point, we r paying less...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My question is does it make sense to sell these pieces and invest in 5 or 10 oz silver bars instead - or do you prefer to keep the older silver/clad rounds and the ASEs??

Thanks in advance. >>

No. Keep the older stuff and buy new stuff with new funds.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My question is does it make sense to sell these pieces and invest in 5 or 10 oz silver bars instead - or do you prefer to keep the older silver/clad rounds and the ASEs??

Thanks in advance. >>

No. Keep the older stuff and buy new stuff with new funds. >>

Thanks for the reply. So quality is better than quantity??

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    the lower that prices go, the bigger premiums over spot will likely be in percentage terms. At these prices, I daresay that coins are a better bet over bars. both will be pretty similar over time though, so just get what you like the most.
  • Options
    Oh I'm very green in the game - so i trust you guys. But it just doesn't make sense to me....if I can get double spot price for one coin - and basically turn one coin into 2 - grade school logic would say to do it. But like I said I trust you guys WAY more than I trust myself - so I'll stick with the ASE's and Morgans.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under both today.....

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Numismatic value is a hedge against the metal value of those coins. When liquidating a collection for a friend a year and a while ago I got 33 for SAEs. Metal prices are volatile, those coins would go for far less today. The numismatic items have gained in the face of declining metal prices, but their value is not all in the metal.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    Makes complete sense. I have one more question for you guys. The coins right now are stored in a dark safe in what seem to be standard plastic containers. I've noticed some coins are "toning." Is there anything that can be done to prevent this? I've also got one 1996 troy oz coin that's just a generic happy holidays silver round that is in an air tight plastic container that is horribly toned. What causes this and does it effect the value? Of the ASE's I'm assuming it does - but the generic rounds I'm assuming the value is the spot price of silver so the condition isn't as relevant - is that a correct assumption?

"In Al We Trust!"