Options

2014 1 oz Silver Mexican Libertad

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
fyi.
should be out in the next 10 days.

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    Care to share the best place to purchase from?
    Jamie
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess, if it's available directly from the source: Casa de Moneda de Mexicoimage

Mexican Mint

good luck, and don't forget the price quoted is in Pesos not US $$
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Care to share the best place to purchase from?
    Jamie >>

falling prices. I am inclined to see if APMEX does an 8+2 deal image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't mind a roll myself. Thanks for the headsup.
  • Options
    falling prices. I am inclined to see if APMEX does an 8+2 deal image >>

Maybe they will take your advise!
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why buy Mexican Libertads when you can buy ASE's? Is it just a case of wanting some variety in your silver holdings or are they better than ASE's in some way?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>Why buy Mexican Libertads when you can buy ASE's? Is it just a case of wanting some variety in your silver holdings or are they better than ASE's in some way? >>

Just as liquid but I like variety - have g/s from all over the world.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh I love coins with top heavy femmes.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    I do not believe anyone can order directly from their mint. The mintages are so small that they usually only sell directly to their major distributors. APMEX is one but be careful buying anything raw from them (unless sealed tubes) because they send in all the loose coins for grading and then sell the 69s and 70s. All of the leftovers are the grading rejects. This is especially true for the proofs. Also, the gold proofs are only supposed to come in the sets but last year and this year as well, they have broken up the sets and submitted the individual coins for grading.

I love to collect Libertads. I stack ASEs as well, but I prefer libertads. I think they are a nicer looking coin (just my opinion of course), and I think they have more potential upside. The Libertad mintages are miniscule compared to the ASEs. The collector base has been rapidly growing in the last couple of years and most Libertads on forum BSTs, at shows, and LCSs get scooped up quickly. In the next 20 years there are going to be a lot more Latinos entering the middle class (based on current immigration rates) and some of them may stack silver. The mintage on some of the gold proofs last year was 300. THREE HUNDRED!!! Compare that to any ASE. I liken this to what we saw with the Pandas with more Chinese coming into money and buying them up left and right. Some of those pandas bring huge premiums! Granted, there are way more ASE collectors out there, but most of those mintages are in the millions. Of course I could turn out to be way wrong about this, but it is the play I am going for these days and worse case I still have 1 oz rounds of .999 that I bought for a couple bucks over spot.
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In the next 20 years there are going to be a lot more Latinos entering the middle class (based on current immigration rates) and some of them may stack silver. >>

A certain dealer in Mexican coins has been saying this since the 1970s. Still waiting....

Edited to add: Latino != Mexican. I don't see other Latinos having interest in Libertads.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gosh I love coins with top heavy femmes. >>

They are certainly attractive coins.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>In the next 20 years there are going to be a lot more Latinos entering the middle class (based on current immigration rates) and some of them may stack silver. >>

A certain dealer in Mexican coins has been saying this since the 1970s. Still waiting....

Edited to add: Latino != Mexican. I don't see other Latinos having interest in Libertads. >>

That's ok. I am still pretty young so I can wait another 20 years if needed. I am aware that Latino does not equal Mexican. I'd still venture that Latinos may have an affinity for Libs over SAEs. At least some have to. Besides, Mexicans make up the majority of the immigrants coming into the US these days. One thing is for sure, there are more Mexicans with more money. Just like there's more Chinese with more money. I definitely don't expect common ASEs to ever have a big increase in premiums.
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options

<< <i>

Edited to add: Latino != Mexican. I don't see other Latinos having interest in Libertads. >>

There won't be a middle class in 20 years.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

There won't be a middle class in 20 years. >>

Sure there will be, it will have been redefined.
  • Options

<< <i>Sure there will be, it will have been redefined. >>

true. watch movie "Idiocracy" for a hint.

plus..Libertads have electrolytes!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sure there will be, it will have been redefined. >>

true. watch movie "Idiocracy" for a hint.

plus..Libertads have electrolytes! >>

I could really go for a Starbucks right now.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Apmex has them on pre-sale at $2.99 over spot. Today it's free shipping day at Apmex! (orders over $50)

2014 Libertads
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    I couldn't wait and blew my summer wad on this boobarella instead.

• Options

<< <i>I do not believe anyone can order directly from their mint. The mintages are so small that they usually only sell directly to their major distributors. APMEX is one but be careful buying anything raw from them (unless sealed tubes) because they send in all the loose coins for grading and then sell the 69s and 70s. All of the leftovers are the grading rejects. This is especially true for the proofs. Also, the gold proofs are only supposed to come in the sets but last year and this year as well, they have broken up the sets and submitted the individual coins for grading.

I love to collect Libertads. I stack ASEs as well, but I prefer libertads. I think they are a nicer looking coin (just my opinion of course), and I think they have more potential upside. The Libertad mintages are miniscule compared to the ASEs. The collector base has been rapidly growing in the last couple of years and most Libertads on forum BSTs, at shows, and LCSs get scooped up quickly. In the next 20 years there are going to be a lot more Latinos entering the middle class (based on current immigration rates) and some of them may stack silver. The mintage on some of the gold proofs last year was 300. THREE HUNDRED!!! Compare that to any ASE. I liken this to what we saw with the Pandas with more Chinese coming into money and buying them up left and right. Some of those pandas bring huge premiums! Granted, there are way more ASE collectors out there, but most of those mintages are in the millions. Of course I could turn out to be way wrong about this, but it is the play I am going for these days and worse case I still have 1 oz rounds of .999 that I bought for a couple bucks over spot. >>

Some items can be ordered directly from the Mexican Mint. Yes compared to the ASE's, the Mintage is small, if you consider 1+ Million small. The proofs, historically have had a small mintage though. It's not a supply problem, there is plenty of silver in Mexico, but a demand issue that keeps their mintage's low.

Casa de Moneda de México
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are going to go to the mexican mint fill up your cart with these babies

reduced for quick sale
  • Options

<< <i>If you are going to go to the mexican mint fill up your cart with these babies

reduced for quick sale >>

not at that price...32 toz gold coin for $57,147image
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    But they are low mintage!