Home Precious Metals

The apmex/ebay silver deal..

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Linky

No biggie, just saying its there. The ASE's are $284 and these are $218 w free shippen.
COA

Comments

• TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm suprised that Apmex wants $284.00 for 10 SAE's with silver under $20.
    Trade $'s
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm suprised that Apmex wants $284.00 for 10 SAE's with silver under $20. >>

A handful of sellers now control the Ebay bullion market.

Competition gets washed away when only the big guys get to play.
  • jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭
    Lot of 10? Why not Buy 8 get 2 free? what a ripoff! image
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Dbs
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the other sets like the ASE's and such are marked up just to make the lower priced sets look like a good deal.
    Then vice versa..

However people are buying them.
    COA
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the other sets like the ASE's and such are marked up just to make the lower priced sets look like a good deal

You mean like when a gas station across the street from another has their gas .01 cheaper? image and amazingly people are lined up willing to wait 5 minutes for an open pump all to save maybe .15 (based on a 15 gal. fill up.)
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm suprised that Apmex wants $284.00 for 10 SAE's with silver under $20. >>

A handful of sellers now control the Ebay bullion market.

Competition gets washed away when only the big guys get to play. >>

I'm not surprised. They want just over $24 for each on their website right now, if paid with credit card. They have shipping charges, if purchased from their website.

So, they are selling on ebay (paypal charges) with "free" shipping (nothing in life is really free. Looks like they have priced it at about the same as if someone purchased it from their website in the same amount. They do have an ebay following so, for some, maybe that is the preferred way (easy to use paypal that way)......

Anyway, it is their business and, as so many on the forums frequently come out and say, a seller can price it any way they want....one can always ignore and go elsewhere.
    I think that's true in this case as well. They have loss leaders, they have things they want to move, and then they have things that, at a particular time, they may price at market or even a tad above.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "Anyway, it is their business and, as so many on the forums frequently come out and say, a seller can price it any way they want....one can always ignore and go elsewhere."

Right on Bochiman.
    Seems there is a lot of attach the Golliath but defend the David for doing the same actions.
    While I always root for the little guy, it is kinda a double standard.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe the FED has yet discovered how to control the premiums. Appears the laws of supply and demand continue to work.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyway, it is their business and, as so many on the forums frequently come out and say, a seller can price it any way they want....one can always ignore and go elsewhere. >>

Agree as well. Similar to the anchor store at a mall receiving deeply discounted rent.

Size matters.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "Size matters."

Agreed Mark...all men...aahhh, collectors, are not created equal.
    Despite what the constitution says!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Linky

No biggie, just saying its there. The ASE's are $284 and these are $218 w free shippen. >>

Yep. Such a deal.
  • scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sure the other sets like the ASE's and such are marked up just to make the lower priced sets look like a good deal

You mean like when a gas station across the street from another has their gas .01 cheaper? image and amazingly people are lined up willing to wait 5 minutes for an open pump all to save maybe .15 (based on a 15 gal. fill up.) >>

I mostly see a line at the gas station across the street that is priced at .01-.09 more expensive imageimage
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks tneig, not the best deal in town but you may well have saved a member money who was about to buy for more elsewhere. It's the thought that counts.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a few of these sold in the last few days. Yikes, a mighty!