Home Sports Talk
Options

Tom Watson - HOF Induction Declined

LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has any player in any other sport declined being inducted to the HOF as a protest?

Comments

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is he protesting?

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    Violent ground acquisition games as a cyrto-fascist metaphor for nuelear war?
  • Options

<< <i>What is he protesting? >>

The firing of Ted Bishop, former president of the PGA of America over his 'lil girl' comments regarding Ian Poulter.
  • Options

<< <i>Violent ground acquisition games as a cyrto-fascist metaphor for nuelear war? >>

and of course, this too. image
  • Options
    Who cares? Anyone that has ever met him will tell you how much of a total horse's behind he is.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who cares? Anyone that has ever met him will tell you how much of a total horse's behind he is. >>

I did not know that he had that reputation. I always assumed he was well liked.

As far as declining the HOF induction, that is one heck of a protest.

It may start a trend in other sports when people want to protest something the feel is unjust.

Maybe Jeter will decline until Pete Rose is reinstated? imageimage

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watson has always been pr!ckly, but I sure wish he had won the '09 Open. Would have been the greatest achievement in the history of sports, imo.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, Watson is in the World Golf Hall of Fame, which is THE hall of fame for golf.

Galaxy, I agree. I was pulling for him as well in '09.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just to be clear, Watson is in the World Golf Hall of Fame, which is THE hall of fame for golf.

Galaxy, I agree. I was pulling for him as well in '09. >>

+3 on Watson in 2009. Would've even eclipsed Nicklaus in 1986 at the Masters' image !

Steve
  • Options
    I didn't know that he had that reputation. But you have to respect his actions here.