Home Sports Talk
Options

New York Jets 10-5

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks again, IK!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Edit to change thread title.. image

Luck who?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 takeaways in 2 games image This was the first Jets game I have seen this year, I was wondering how it would affect the defense but , they don't appear to miss Rex Ryan at all.

Also, I think Revis really is a Jet for life , dude is fired up .
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    J E T S..JETS JETS JETS

Perhaps a Vinny type run to the championahip game?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not ready to crown the Jets AFC champions, they beat Cleveland and Indy who is a total disaster. Bottom line the Jets look great, the D is straight up nasty so we will see when they knock helmets with the Pats. They look good though I will give you guys that image
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Perk - they HAVE NOT beaten Buffalo. Game 1 was against the Browns. As a Buffalo fan, let's not call out their losses this year until they happen, which I'm predicting will be often against the AFC east
  • Options
    My mistake! I fixed it, thank you image
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Indy will be wanting checking the PSI on their on balls after this gameimage Can't hold the ball on the goal line and nobody touches you.
  • Options

The Pats win the division but I'm on the fence whether the Jets or the Bills are second. I think the Jets are better than the Bills and could manage 9-7 or even 10-6
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was impressed with the Jets last night. That stifling D is going to keep them in a lot of games this season, and Fitz can comfortably play within his own personal skill set as a result. Having two savvy wideouts at his disposal will certainly help his cause, too.
  • Options

This Sunday the Jets could go to 3-0 , tonight the Giants could go to 0-3 . Which will generate the best headlines in the NY Post? image

On a more serious note , Revis might miss the game Sunday . Supposedly he was not 100% against the Colts. He had problems at the start of last year too. Was he out of shape as some said ? As I recall he got sent home from a practice for missing or being late at least once. The new Jets coach seems built more along the Belichek mold than Rex (let the players do whatever they want) Ryan. It wasn't really reported as such but many here wondered if Revis was happier with the way Ryan runs a team than the way Bill did and it contributed to his not wanting to stick around.

I'm impressed so far with what I've seen of Todd Bowles , I didn't see all of both games but I didn't notice any obviously stupid play calls , no wasted time outs , no I forget how much time is left incidents. He didn't seem particularly flustered at any point.

• Options
    2-1 almost pulled it off, they came close image
  • Options
    Tough loss today~Philly was a desperate team and simply wanted the win more than we did.

Still, we almost pulled it out and with Decker and Ivory back next week, we should be fine.

• Options

Looking pretty good so far , unfortunately I forgot how early this game was starting and missed the first half , I meant to watch it. If it ends up the way its looking maybe Miami decides to fire somebody ???
  • Options
    Ivory is a beast.

Philbin is done.

• Options
    Big win today vs co-tenant Giants at the Meadowlands. At 7-5, we are right in the thick of the playoff race.

Another solid game by Fitzpatrick who has proven his mettle this season. Bilal Powell is coming on strong and Marshall is the beast I thought he would be when I drafted him in virtually every fantasy league I'm in.

Go Jets!!

• Options
    Good job beating the Giants!
  • Options
    The success of the Jets under Bowles illustrates just how overrated Rex Ryan is as a head coach.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand Rex. He's a blowhard. He consistently produces over-confident teams that wilt in big games. The press just likes him because his oafish behavior gives them something to report on.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the 3 AFC teams that are 8-5 and vying for 2 wildcard spots, (Chiefs, Jets, Steelers) the Chiefs have the easiest schedule.

Although I'm kind of hoping the Steelers can beat the Broncos next week at Pittsburgh, then the Chiefs would still have a realistic shot to win the West.

Good luck to the Jets, they're playing great!
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    how bout them JETS!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

The Pats win the division but I'm on the fence whether the Jets or the Bills are second. I think the Jets are better than the Bills and could manage 9-7 or even 10-6

Mission accomplished for the first guess , hopefully they don't get a 10th win next week against my teamimage

If they get to 10 and 6 against Rex Ryan that will be fun for all involved.
  • Options
    That was downright ugly, but a win is a win.

Sweats on the plane!

• Options
    HUGE win today vs the despised Patriots! Not only did we beat B&B but with the Steelers' loss to Bal we now control our fate next week vs Buffalo. Will be sweet to celebrate a playoff berth in at the house of Rex!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Jets fans!

Was watching the end of the Chiefs game so I missed the OT coin flip, but heard the Pats won the toss and elected to kick off? Why?

I did get to see the Jets drive down the field very quickly for the win.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    but heard the Pats won the toss and elected to kick off? Why?

Why play to win when you can play not to lose? image

• Options
    Originally posted by: galaxy27
    but heard the Pats won the toss and elected to kick off? Why?

Why play to win when you can play not to lose? image

They played stupid at the end of the first half and at the end of the second half too. I was yelling at my TV both times .
  • Options
    Gotta love the Jets' twitter account trollin'... image

• Options
    Good win Jets fans, I know my friend Tim is happy image
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    The Jets have the talent to make a Super Bowl run good luck to them and their fans!

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.