Home Sports Talk
Options

No Women's World Cup Threads? (soccer)

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
shocking, just shocking image

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be watching because....Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands.....should be the hotties of the tourney, giggidy.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Should be fun. USA has a legitimate chance to win. Does anyone know which network is carrying the games?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fox networks are carrying the games.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    This morning on ESPN they had a thing about some new Fifa produced soccer movie that was released this weekend in limited release. Just in 10 theaters. It's gross was just over 600... dollars that is... in TOTAL. One theater, Phoenix, sold 1 ticket. Lol! I have been in Phoenix in the summer and went to the movies a lot just to get out of the heat.

Here's a link to an article about it. LINK
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Hope Solo will get drunk and beat someone up? image
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. I'm not a fan of soccer but the U.S. girls are fun to watch.

Great win over Germany.....on to the finals.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Great game for the Red, White and Blue. I lived in Germany in 2011 and the WWC was a huge blast.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    Great game for the Red, White, and Blue. On to the finals. Let's go England. I lived in Germany (WWC Host Nation) in 2011. It was a huge blast.

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    Great game for the Red, White, and Blue. On to the finals. Let's go England. I lived in Germany (WWC Host Nation) in 2011. It was a huge blast.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game was good for USA last night! Go old ladies, ha!

I got to meet some of the team before the 2011 cup at the office, scored a 'goal' at one of the event things at work against Hope to get a t-shirt. Was wearing my mens Germany t-shirt and the girls gave me some crap, was good, ha.
  • Options
    I've never even heard the term "own goal" before.

That sux. image

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

• Options

<< <i>I've never even heard the term "own goal" before.

That sux. image >>

It would suck worse if she was a member of the Colombia men's team
  • Options
    4-0 after just 17 minutes, wow
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable shot from midfield by Carli. Great game! CONGRATULATIONS GIIRLS!!!!
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Yay!!! We don't have to hear about soccer for at least 340 days now.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yay!!! We don't have to hear about soccer for at least 340 days now. >>

+9999999999999999
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Feel free to not click on threads that done interest you......

Awesome win for the team! Now if they can start paying them something a bit more reasonable, maybe they could move out of Jeff Van Gundy's house. Come on, FIFA !
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    I saw some Yahoo babes article criticizing the parade of model trophy presenters.

I thought they were awesome.

• Options

<< <i>Feel free to not click on threads that done interest you......

Awesome win for the team! Now if they can start paying them something a bit more reasonable, maybe they could move out of Jeff Van Gundy's house. Come on, FIFA ! >>

No interest means no money
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Awesome win for the team! Now if they can start paying them something a bit more reasonable, maybe they could move out of Jeff Van Gundy's house. Come on, FIFA ! >>

No interest means no money >>

Wrong. It received virtually the same ratings as both of the college football playoff games.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wrong. It received virtually the same ratings as both of the college football playoff games.

mark >>

So once every 4 years or so soccer has one game that gets the same rating as many college football games get every year? Yep, lot's of money there.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

mark >>

So once every 4 years or so soccer has one game that gets the same rating as many college football games get every year? Yep, lot's of money there. >>

I take it for granted you are only talking about women's soccer. The attendance was 1.3 million for this tourney. The finals had 26.7 million viewers in the US market. I'm sure this is better then a sharp stick in the eye. Plenty of interest. You won't count you as one of them nor will we miss you.

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

mark >>

So once every 4 years or so soccer has one game that gets the same rating as many college football games get every year? Yep, lot's of money there. >>

I take it for granted you are only talking about women's soccer. The attendance was 1.3 million for this tourney. The finals had 26.7 million viewers in the US market. I'm sure this is better then a sharp stick in the eye. Plenty of interest. You won't count you as one of them nor will we miss you.

Mark >>

So if the US is eliminated in the quarterfinals, how many of those 26.7 million viewers are watching the finals? Probably less viewers than the Cardinals/Pirates regular season game last night.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

So if the US is eliminated in the quarterfinals, how many of those 26.7 million viewers are watching the finals? Probably less viewers than the Cardinals/Pirates regular season game last night. >>

It would have dropped but by only 10-15% as we would have played in the 3rd place game.
  • Options

<< <i>

Could be the most clueless response is a decade on this site. If you look at the most valuable pro sports teams four of the top seven are soccer teams. Copy and pasted from a Forbes Article on the top 50 global sports team values.

Bayern Munich
    Germany is not only home to the 2014 FIFA World Cup trophy, but it's also home to Bayern Munich. The club is worth $1.85 billion.

6. Los Angeles Dodgers
    Franchise player Yasiel Puig may be scared of thunderstorms, but it doesn't seem to be hurting the team's $2 billion valuation.

5. Dallas Cowboys
    Though he may be polarizing, Jerry Jones owns the most valuable NFL team, worth $2.3 billion.

4. New York Yankees
    The Steinbrenners are the proud owners of all things pinstripes. The Yankees are worth $2.5 billion.

3. Manchester United
    The Glazer family, who also owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, own Man U — valued at $2.81 billion.

2. Barcelona
    Barça is the most successful club in Spain, in terms of overall titles won, but it's the second most valuable club in the country, worth $3.2 billion.

1. Real Madrid
    The club which employs Cristiano Ronaldo is worth $3.44 billion.

So I guess there is no money in soccer - SMH
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Could be the most clueless response is a decade on this site. If you look at the most valuable pro sports teams four of the top seven are soccer teams. Copy and pasted from a Forbes Article on the top 50 global sports team values.

Bayern Munich
    Germany is not only home to the 2014 FIFA World Cup trophy, but it's also home to Bayern Munich. The club is worth $1.85 billion.

6. Los Angeles Dodgers
    Franchise player Yasiel Puig may be scared of thunderstorms, but it doesn't seem to be hurting the team's $2 billion valuation.

5. Dallas Cowboys
    Though he may be polarizing, Jerry Jones owns the most valuable NFL team, worth $2.3 billion.

4. New York Yankees
    The Steinbrenners are the proud owners of all things pinstripes. The Yankees are worth $2.5 billion.

3. Manchester United
    The Glazer family, who also owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, own Man U — valued at $2.81 billion.

2. Barcelona
    Barça is the most successful club in Spain, in terms of overall titles won, but it's the second most valuable club in the country, worth $3.2 billion.

1. Real Madrid
    The club which employs Cristiano Ronaldo is worth $3.44 billion.

So I guess there is no money in soccer - SMH >>

We were discussing soccer in 'Murica. Pretty sure none of those are American teams.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

So if the US is eliminated in the quarterfinals, how many of those 26.7 million viewers are watching the finals? Probably less viewers than the Cardinals/Pirates regular season game last night. >>

It would have dropped but by only 10-15% as we would have played in the 3rd place game. >>

I assume it's the same as most sports and the 2 losers from the SEMIfinal games play in the 3rd place game and not the losers of the QUARTERfinal matches. And you call me the dumb one.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

It would have dropped but by only 10-15% as we would have played in the 3rd place game. >>

I assume it's the same as most sports and the 2 losers from the SEMIfinal games play in the 3rd place game and not the losers of the QUARTERfinal matches. And you call me the dumb one. >>

Touche' But I called you clueless not dumb. Misinformed, may be a better word but either way there IS a lot of money in soccer.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I assume it's the same as most sports and the 2 losers from the SEMIfinal games play in the 3rd place game and not the losers of the QUARTERfinal matches. And you call me the dumb one. >>

Touche' But I called you clueless not dumb. Misinformed, may be a better word but either way there IS a lot of money in soccer. >>

Once again, not in this country. I do not live in Europe. Even cricket is still popular there. That shows how little it takes to excite them.