Home Sports Talk

Harper ejected against Yankees

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does this home plate umpire have an ego problem?

Comments

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the ump was so tuned in and angry at the bench.

The ump had a senior moment and somehow Harper got lumped in with them. Gonzo.

Bryce whined a little about the called strike but was back in the box, mouth shut and ready to go when the ump called time to deal with the bench.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem with the ejection. He was very obviously trying to show up the umpire when he did his petulant little "there, I put my foot back in the box" thing. He should have just gotten back in the box and been ready to go.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to believe this kid is still just 22. The majority of players aren't even in the majors at that age and he's already in his fourth season. He's only going to get better if he can stay healthy.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    no one there paid to see the ump...hmm bryce vs the yankees during his homerun tear? sounds like a fun evening...then ..doh...ump and his ego = no ticket sales
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>no one there paid to see the ump...hmm bryce vs the yankees during his homerun tear? sounds like a fun evening...then ..doh...ump and his ego = no ticket sales >>

Nobody paid to see Harper and Williams arguing balls and strikes either.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have no problem with the ejection. He was very obviously trying to show up the umpire when he did his petulant little "there, I put my foot back in the box" thing. He should have just gotten back in the box and been ready to go. >>

+1 I don't think the ump had any choice but to run this whiny, immature, pampered, whippersnapper.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have no problem with the ejection. He was very obviously trying to show up the umpire when he did his petulant little "there, I put my foot back in the box" thing. He should have just gotten back in the box and been ready to go. >>

+1 I don't think the ump had any choice but to run this whiny, immature, pampered, whippersnapper. >>

And stay off his lawn!! LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.