Home Sports Talk

Are you happy with your NFL teams' first pick?

sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
Being a Dallas fan, I'm good with the CB from Conneticut - Byron Jones.
We need help there.

And he has the Gruden seal of approval. image

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the Patriots getting a replacement for Vince Wilfork in the person of Malcolm Brown. I was hoping Jones was going to be available at 32, but Dallas chose well there.
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have liked to see the redskins take Leonard Williams though I cant complain with Scherff.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very.

When the Jets were on the clock, I said "please no Kevin White" probably 100 times.

They complied.

Then my Bears did the proper thing. image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the Jets pick~the Jets needed a pass rusher and Williams is regarded as possibly the best prospect in the draft.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>Very.

When the Jets were on the clock, I said "please no Kevin White" probably 100 times.

They complied.

Then my Bears did the proper thing. image >>

They drafted a QB? image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>They drafted a QB? image >>

One gargantuan void at a time, Tim... image

<< <i>

One gargantuan void at a time, Tim... image >>

As a Jets fan, I should talk, right? LOL..

<< <i>

<< <i>

One gargantuan void at a time, Tim... image >>

As a Jets fan, I should talk, right? LOL.. >>

Generally speaking, when a team has a surfeit of deficiencies (like the Bears & Jets do), I'd just as soon see them nab the best player on the board. And I think both teams did just that.

IMO, a great way to screw up an entire draft and suck even longer is to delve into premature reaches. Don't overanalyze -- just take the stud and be done with it. image
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it was the right move, but I wish the Falcons would have picked up Gurley. If his knee holds up that kid is going to be fun to watch.
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Definitely happy with the Cowboys getting Jones. I'm hoping for more defense in the next 2 rounds. They are set on offense for this year IMO.
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I'm satisfied with the Browns picks. Nothing glamorous, but solid guys for both sides of the trenches.

------
    stupid print dots

• seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I am.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im liking the Pats first pick, I wanted them to go DT or CB, I dont follow it too much so no idea who if anyone at CB might have been available at 32.

Go PATS!!! image
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant believe they televise this garbage. I mean it's absolutely riveting TV image Did the NFL use this draft-stravaganza as cover to release deflate-gate , tampergate1 and tampergate2 findings in the hope no one would notice?
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patriots must be pretty happy with where they are. Why else would they draft a long snapper in the fifth round? He should have been around after the draft was over. Trust in Bill, trust in Bill, trust in Bill...
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First three choices for Vikings were all defense. FANTASTIC! Number one guy I am not too excited about, but he'll do.

Keeping Peterson, added Wallace along with Bridgewater. Vikings could challenge Green Bay for division.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Patriots must be pretty happy with where they are. Why else would they draft a long snapper in the fifth round? He should have been around after the draft was over. Trust in Bill, trust in Bill, trust in Bill... >>

I gave up trying to make sense of alot of things they do a long time ago image
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lions traded down five spots and got two picks and a guy who will start at center in the trade. That was great. Their pick is All-American guard who will also start week one.

Yeah, I'm VERY happy with their first round.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Patriots must be pretty happy with where they are. Why else would they draft a long snapper in the fifth round? He should have been around after the draft was over. Trust in Bill, trust in Bill, trust in Bill... >>

I have to remember to listen to talk radio tomorrow it should be interesting. Hopefully Zolak and beetle can splain it to me.image
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

<< <i>First three choices for Vikings were all defense. FANTASTIC! Number one guy I am not too excited about, but he'll do.

Keeping Peterson, added Wallace along with Bridgewater. Vikings could challenge Green Bay for division. >>

I would agree - overall a very good draft for us.
  • steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I cant believe they televise this garbage. I mean it's absolutely riveting TV image Did the NFL use this draft-stravaganza as cover to release deflate-gate , tampergate1 and tampergate2 findings in the hope no one would notice? >>

If the ratings are there, why not? The combine is what's seriously boring and yet the ratings are high....who knew?
    BTW the NFL world does not revolve around the Patriots.......evidently yours does though.
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If the ratings are there, why not? The combine is what's seriously boring and yet the ratings are high....who knew? >>

Along the lines of "If you build it, they will come" instead it should be "If you televise it, they will watch"