Pretty good job with the lists.

My serious objections:

Angels: replace Finley with Fregosi
    Cubs: replace Sosa with Williams
    Giants: replace Bonds with McCovey
    Pirates: replace Kiner with Bonds
    Rangers: replace Gonzalez with Howard
    Royals: replace Quisenberry with Otis

What Bonds accomplished before he started cheating dwarfs what Kiner accomplished. What he accomplished after that does not deserve mention let alone honor. I didn't kick off every cheater, but if we're only going to put Bonds on one Mt. Rushmore, he should go on the one where they can carve his head before it swelled to alien proportions.

I'm not sure Richard belongs on the Astros list either, but it seems mean-spirited to kick him off. Cedeno has the strongest claim to the fourth spot.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I put Campanella or Snider on the Dodgers Mt. Rushmore over Kershaw.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd vote in Straw over Wright.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd vote Straw in over Wright for the Mets.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

What Bonds accomplished before he started cheating dwarfs what Kiner accomplished.
    >>

Kiner won seven straight home run titles and had multiple massive OPS+ seasons. I wouldn't object to Barry over Kiner but his accomplishments in Pittsburgh hardly "dwarf" those of Kiner.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>[Kiner won seven straight home run titles and had multiple massive OPS+ seasons. I wouldn't object to Barry over Kiner but his accomplishments in Pittsburgh hardly "dwarf" those of Kiner. >>

I guess "dwarf" is in the eye of the beholder. Kiner's accomplishments look small to me from atop Bonds' accomplishments on the Pirates.

And Kershaw in the Dodgers 4 caught my attention, too. Neither Snider nor Campanella were as good as most people think they were, but they did certainly achieve more in their careers than Kershaw has so far. But per season, Kershaw has them whupped, and I'll be shocked if he hasn't earned his place on Mt. Rushmore by the time he's through, so it didn't bother me enough to call out. Quisenberry over Otis is far more offensive to me.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to Kiner, in Pittsburgh Bonds had: fewer games, 125 fewer home runs, lower OPS, lower OPS+, lower batting average, 175 fewer walks, lower slugging, and Kiner had six seasons with more homers than Barry's best in Pittsburgh. Yes, Barry was a lot faster and better - but overrated - defensively. Yep, he won two MVPs. But it's nowhere near as one-sided as you're making it out to be. Fact is, the first four of Barry's 7 years in Pittsburgh were nothing special and included a full-season .248/19/58 year. He was an elite player for three seasons. Kiner was elite for 6.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony Oliva should get in over Carew.

Kiner was far more dominant than Bonds. 7 straight home run titles says it all.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Joe -- I don't see how you put Oliva in over Carew when he was ROY, 7 Batting Titles and an all-star every year for the Twins.

If you have to include the Senators (which doesn't make sense), I'd go: Walter Johnson, Harmon Killebrew, Rod Carew, Kirby Puckett

Without the Senators, I'd go: Harmon Killebrew, Rod Carew, Kirby Puckett, Tony Oliva

Joe Mauer may displace Tony Oliva at some point once his final chapters are written.

Best Twins pitcher: I'd go with Bert Blyleven due to 87 World Series victory and his early years.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik