Home Sports Talk
Options

a non-sports question about uploading pics

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
My memory is slipping I guess...I want to scan some items and then post them...what is the procedure to get the pics from my computer to a message board here?

Thanks much for the assistance!!

Al

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Al what I do is I use my photobucket account ( Might be outdated but it works fine ) and upload pics from my PC, once they are in the Photobucket account, I right click and copy and paste the "Properties" and the little window frame underneathe "Message Text" when you reply to a thread click on that and paste the link.

Im 100% sure there is someone who can explain it better than me but thats how I do it image
  • Options
    Thanks Paul...been a while since I uploaded any pics.

Glad to hear from relatives that you guys are actually beginning to see roofs and pavement again !! image)
    Brother sent me a pic of a thermometer he has on his hangar (he has airplanes up in Loudon)...29 below B4 factoring in wind chill...taken last month. OUCH !!

Take care my friend.

Al
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    thats the easiest way...phtobucket, paste the link, then send. sounds slightly easier than it is..at first, then becomes rote.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Hey Paul...a pic of "back in the day" when I lived in Portland. A sweet machine that I sure wish I still had. Had it registered in NH before I moved to Atlanta. One of the nicest thrills in the world is when the guy at the dealership calls you and says "Mr. X, your corvette arrived today" imageimage

[URL=http://s994.photobucket.com/user/ajrs44/media/corvettepic.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    Al that is one gorgeous looking ride! What year was that? Late 80's early 90's? The weather still hasn't broke yet, first day of spring yesterday and we get a fresh coat of snow image
  • Options
    Paul...It's a 1973. I ordered it new from a Saco-Biddeford Chevy dealership. When I first saw all the yellow I kinda wondered if I did the right thing, but it grew on me and I really loved it. Had the thing tweaked pretty good from stock...a hi-rise Edelbrock manifold, all Excel wiring and distributor, Hooker headers and a Holley 780 dual pump carb. Added the ET typeIV wheels which really made everything pop. The original wheels were pathetic. Fastest speed I got it to one day was 146...worst ticket was in St Augustine, FL, 96 in a 65...but those were kinda wild and crazy times.

The first pic was taken in summer of 1973...the next pic is the day I almost died, taken in 1976. Had a small pickup truck heading for my door and he swerved at the last second and slammed the left nose and everything just busted apart. I went from a pristine machine to no machine in about a nano second. I still have the large piece you see at the front of the pic with the corvette logo. I guess it just wasn't my day to go. Lucky for me !!!

[URL=http://s994.photobucket.com/user/ajrs44/media/thecrash.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    Holy crap AL! Lucky to make it out of that one my friend, I was off a bit huh? Early 70's wow, I'm sure you packed a lot of fun with that car while it was up and running!image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Oh NO!!! hope you are ok!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanks WinP...this accident happened in 1976...I was very, very lucky. Early way before sunrise, rainy, dark road. I guess it wasn't my time to go.
    How I miss that beautiful machine!!!
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you survived. Your pix of the vette brought back for me a horrible memory from the late 60's. A mutual friend of my brother and I had his sister killed in a vette. She and her friend were traveling on a highway in the daytime when a drunken driver hit the car from behind. She lost control and went headon into a bus. She was doing 40MPH at the time. The drunk pulled into a bar after the accident and was arrested drinking at the bar. She was not so fortunate. A piece of chrome pierced her skull and left her in a vegatative state. Mercyfully she died 5 days later. I went to look at the car afterwards at the junk yard. The headlights/front end met the dasboard. Awful. You were one of the fortunate ones.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Bluejayway...

Was sorry to read your story !! Crazy drunk drivers should really do some serious time...but that never helps the loved ones of the deceased.

My situation should never have happened. A friend was beating on my door at 5AM looking for a ride to a repo car he had located the day earlier. It was a raw rainy dark morning and of course I took him to the car. I wasn't really sure where I was in the dark and all, but I should have gotten a BIG clue when I made a turn which had an enormous STOP sign ahead of me...I mean ENORMOUS. It was black and white and had those white and black painted boards running at a 45 degree angle as a warning. In addition to that was the normal red STOP sign on the right.

Well, I pulled up to the STOP, down with the power windows a ways so I could see left and right. I looked both ways and began to turn right, when out of nowhere comes this little white pickup truck with headlights coming right at me...there was a slight hill on my left, so I didn't really ever see him coming. He slammed into me in a flash. Lucky for me he swerved left at the last second and clipped the left front nose of my vette. It just exploded in pieces everywhere. Fiberglass is not very forgiving. I was freaked...got out in the rain as my poor beautiful engine was choking it's last gasp, the anti-freeze hissing on the ground. The truck went off the road and disappeared over the edge...this is why the huge STOP sign was there, there was a fairly steep embankment and over they went, I couldn't even see the roof of their truck. I ran over and they were crawling up the hill. Apologetic, but the deed was done. He told me he was headed right for my door...he had to have been doing about 40+, so the impact would have really nailed me if he had not turned. Just wasn't my day to go.

I did some pretty risky stuff with that car from time to time, but NEVER drove it when I had a drink. It was only a 350 4-speed, but with all the improvements I had on the engine, it could get up and scream pretty good. I once had cherry bomb mufflers on it and what a rush to just cruise with that sound, some nice tunes on and the hot lady sitting next to me...life was BEAUTIFUL !!

If you care to see the biggest piece that was left of my vette...go to the Registry board and see "for those who collect 55 Topps"...the pic is of my 1955 Topps collection...the yellow piece in the upper left of the pic was the biggest piece left of my car other than the hood. I still have that piece mounted in a shadow box in my library.

Again, sorry to read your story and of the horrible loss those parents/loved ones of the girl must have endured. Life can be terribly cruel and yet so beautiful...every day is a gift !!!