Home Sports Talk
Options

Who will the Cowboys have as their starting) this year?

lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
Looks like Murray is jumping ship to the Eagles. Double whammy for Dallas. Here's to hoping that Murray misses the best OL in football. Can they go out and get Peterson after all?

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

After seeing Chip Kelly in action if I was Murray , I'd change my mind about going there . Hey my team was 10-6 and I've dismantled it, now that we will be 6-10 next year, wanna come play here Mr Murray ??image

If you play at your best maybe we can finish at 10-6 image
  • Options
    Yeah. I just don't see opposing defenses too concerned about the Eagles' passing game next year to keep them from putting up 8 man fronts most of the time.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was watching some talking heads sportshow last night. Their opinion that football news is now a year round news industry. With all this moving/shaking of trades/signings going out it sure looks that way. Remember when only baseball had a quaint "hot stove" season?
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sound you just heard was any hope of Dallas returning to the playoffs swirling down the drain..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Dallas can recover from the Demarco Murray exit, in fact I dont think he will stay healthy this upcoming year after logging in so much work in '14, the line in Philly is not the same nor is the passing game either and last year was the first time Murray has stayed healthy for a few seasons.

If Dallas gets Peterson then I think they upgrade although if they couldnt sign Bryant AND Murray then how can they afford Peterson?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another loss due to the salary cap and lack of loyalty.

Last year it was Ware this year Murray. The cap sucks.

I know one thing.....if he goes to the beagles.........I hope we TOTALY destroy him the first time we play them!
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    Murray is a lose no doubt but to say they can't make playoffs is another idiotic statement from Grote. Having a Great OLine, Great wideout and tight end and most likely a top tier Rb from the draft offense should be fine. They need to upgrade the Dline and backs through draft and should win the East again.
  • Options
    Murray is a lose? Huh??

And no elite RB will put more pressure on Romo to make plays downfield. Ask your fellow Cowboy fan Dimeman what happens when that is the case.

Btw, how many playoff games have the Cowboys won this past decade anyway, perennial powerhouse team that they are and all.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Grote15, whether you think the Cowboys will be as good as last year or not, who do you see winning that division, if not them?

Murray is a big loss, but so was Terrell Davis when he retired from the Broncos. They responded by turning out another 3 to 4 consecutive 1000 yard rushers. I think several backs could have career years behind Dallas' line, with the threat of Romo as QB. It still remains the defense and not the offense that needs to be addressed.
  • Options

<< <i>Grote15, whether you think the Cowboys will be as good as last year or not, who do you see winning that division, if not them?

Murray is a big loss, but so was Terrell Davis when he retired from the Broncos. They responded by turning out another 3 to 4 consecutive 1000 yard rushers. I think several backs could have career years behind Dallas' line, with the threat of Romo as QB. It still remains the defense and not the offense that needs to be addressed. >>

In my original post, I was being somewhat facetious, but I do think they will sorely miss Murray next season, who was by all accounts, the best back in football last season. That kind of production will be hard to replace. Yes, they do have an outstanding wideout, but Romo is a year older, has been hampered by injuries, and I don't think even the most ardent Cowboy fan (other than maybe Scottie) would claim that the Cowboys did not exceed expectations last year, and by a large margin, too, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Can they win the East? Sure, but the Giants will be better next season (I predict that Beckham will be the best WR in football next season), and the Eagles are always tough, too. The NFL season is a crapshoot~for most teams, other than the Pats or the Hawks, lots of things need to break your way to be successful. Will the Cowboys finish 12-4 again? I would say that is highly unlikely. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5.

• Options
    I agree that Beckham is going to be a force, but I highly doubt the best WR in football, considering who his QB is. The Giants will be better, but I honestly think the Eagles take a step backwards. Murray will not have the same season for a variety of already mentioned reasons. Unless Bradford can miraculously stay healthy and the Eagles find someone for him to throw to, they will be very one dimensional. And the Redskins , well that's all I have to say about them.
  • Options
    I agree the Cowboys will miss Murray. I don't think his abilities will go south all of a sudden, but you never know. Maybe they did over work him.

We have the draft to go yet. And a whole new season of playing and injuries and etc.

We will see after 8 games how good the Cowboys are or are not!
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    i see them as the dolphins anymore..."this'll be their year" and then nothing but missed playoffs and disappointment. i just see them as a middle of the pack non factor. every year its just jerry jones, media hype. their record the last 8-9 years says everything. the only thing they have going for them is their division is in such disarray.

and then even if they back in i don't see romo stepping up for three consecutive postseason games. as long as he keeps doing his interviews from the golf course I'm not a romo believer.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darren McFadden to the rescue!
  • Options

<< <i>Darren McFadden to the rescue! >>

LOL, talk about made of glass! He makes Murray look like Cal Ripken!

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Jerry Jones...

While you anticipate a winning season and a super bowl win, I have this for you...

turn out the lights...the party's over, they say that all good things must end.... Oh, Dandy Don how good you were !!!

How I look so much forward to seeing your disappointed face as your team plays the Eagles, not once, but two times next year. I may even get the NFL package just for that. If history provides any evidence of future performance, now that the "trade" is made, I suspect you will have a fair/dismal season and should good fortune fall on you, another choke in post season play is looming.

You're 72 Jerry, but look 82. I think the team is wearing you down. Why not sell and blow a ton of money on seeing the world and enjoying life?
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Love It!

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Finally, after all these years of a salary cap the Cowboys (Jerry Jones) realize the need to manage the cap. Losing all these players hurts but all the good teams experience this and move on through drafting well, developing younger players, and signing value free agents. I trust that the Cowboys will again find high value-low cost FA, draft well, and have some of their younger players step-up and perform.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    Interesting stat I saw on ESPN, no RB has ever had 450 touches in a season and then rushed for 1000 yards the following season.
  • Options
    I hope Murray does for the beagles what Walker did for the Vikings after that trade!image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

LOL, talk about made of glass! He makes Murray look like Cal Ripken! >>

Yep and a downgrade in talent at that.