Home Sports Talk
Options

A renewed interest in hockey.

sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
Was a big NHL fan in the 80's and early 90's.
Dropped completely off my radar for whatever reasons.

New spark lately. It's quite a different game now. Some rule changes, two referees, less random hard checking, etc.

One reason is that I find the players a refreshing change from the other sports athletes.
They almost all appear humble and team oriented.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Comments

• Options
    Some amazing playoff races this year. Go Sens!!

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living in Minnesota, I have always loved hockey.

In the last few years the game has gotten better with less "clutch and grab" and more skating. The Minnesota Wild have also finally figured things out and have a very good team.

I only wish the games were televised on over the air programming as I no longer am willing/able to afford cable or satellite fees for mostly lousy programs and way too many commercials.

GO WILD!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I just can't get into it. Been to games and had a little trouble following the puck. Maybe because i didn't know the flow or philosophy of the game.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options

<< <i>I just can't get into it. Been to games and had a little trouble following the puck. Maybe because i didn't know the flow or philosophy of the game. >>

I understand. Not many luke warm fans. Seems to be all or nothing.

JoeB - I see the Caps are in Minn. tonight. The Caps are my old team from back in the day. Should be a good one.

Edit: jumped the gun. They play Thursday.

• Options

<< <i>I just can't get into it. Been to games and had a little trouble following the puck. Maybe because i didn't know the flow or philosophy of the game. >>

I think this is the problem with a lot of potential fans.

As someone who has watched and played (badly) the game, I usually can anticipate where the puck is going ahead of time. I don't really "follow the puck". Many people just try to watch the puck and don't really see the plays develop, so it's not that fun for them.

Hockey is BY FAR the most enjoyable sport to watch for me. Very few stoppages of play. Seems to be the one sport they haven't figured out how to stop the game for commercials.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

<< <i>JoeB - I see the Caps are in Minn. tonight. The Caps are my old team from back in the day. Should be a good one.

Edit: jumped the gun. They play Thursday. >>

Yes should be a good one. Wild are on FIRE!!!!