Home Sports Talk

NFL Offseason

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lots of stuff going on

Patriots cut ties with Vince Wilfork, Im not suprised and its probably for the better of the team in terms of cap space so HOPEFULLY they resign Reevis, I dont care if they decide NOT to franchise tag Mcourty.

Hats of and a HUGE THANK YOU to Wilfork, a sure fire Patriots HOF'er

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk radio is babbling about McCourty I don't care about him at all. Is it just me or was he invisible in the playoffs this year?
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the Pat's tagged Gostkowski? Did I dream that?

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Talk radio is babbling about McCourty I don't care about him at all. Is it just me or was he invisible in the playoffs this year? >>

He is not as bad as Arrington but in my opinion he is very close, personally I hope they dont waste a franchise tag on him although Im not sure there is anyone else they could think about tagging.

As far as Gostkowski I have no idea what his status is but I dont think they tagged him.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did tag Gostkowski.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>They did tag Gostkowski. >>

I just researched that and you are correct, Im actually OK with that, I couldnt care less if Mcourty resigns or not, I WANT them to pay Revis but knowing the "Patriot way" I doubt they will pony up the cash for him image
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Shady is/will be a Bill?

That sound you just heard was my face palm and I no longer have absolute, 100% confidence he'll be one of my FF protections.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    So, the Jets acquire Brandon Marshall.

Marshall, Harvin, and no QB. Sounds like a good time!
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    percy will be gone within a week
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image

<< <i>So, the Jets acquire Brandon Marshall.

Marshall, Harvin, and no QB. Sounds like a good time! >>

Harvin won't be back unless he takes a significant pay cut. Marshall and Decker make a formidable tandem. I am betting the Jets take Mariotta with their first draft pack. Still need a QB.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Wow Marshall to the Pets? The AFC East is getting some PLAYAS!

<< <i>Wow Marshall to the Pets? The AFC East is getting some PLAYAS! >>

But still lacking a QB. Not too familiar with Marshall, but isn't he a "Gimme the BALL!" type WR?
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow Marshall to the Pets? The AFC East is getting some PLAYAS! >>

But still lacking a QB. Not too familiar with Marshall, but isn't he a "Gimme the BALL!" type WR? >>

He used to be, but he has mellowed some in his old age. And Harvin is as good as gone...I place the over/under at 24 hours.

I heard that the Jets may be the team that the Eagles trade up with to get Mariotta. That would be a good move on the Jets part as Chip Kelly wants Mariotta bad and will probably overpay to get him. Plus, I'm not sold on him being a good fit for the Jets.

Now to bring Revis back to his island. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
    Marshall is so much more talented than Harvin and it appears that the drama that he was causing has stopped now that he has matured. He can make a lot of QB' s better but the QB has to be "ok" to begin with
    Marshall is a bit of a malcontent and had a falling out with Chicago last season when he complained he didn't get enough targets, so trade is not too surprising. Will be interesting to see how he plays out in NY. Cutler looks like Johnny Unitas next to Geno Smith, LOL..

I've been a Marshall fan while at denver and chicago...fantasy stat wise. Dropped a few tiers doing his Miami stint. Now it looks like he's back on the shelf. No matter how much talent he has on the field, he won't be able to overcome not having a Qb throwing the ball. No offense to Geno Smith.

<< <i>I've been a Marshall fan while at denver and chicago...fantasy stat wise. Dropped a few tiers doing his Miami stint. Now it looks like he's back on the shelf. No matter how much talent he has on the field, he won't be able to overcome not having a Qb throwing the ball. No offense to Geno Smith. >>

I think the worse combo of a Stud WR and a crappy QB was when Moss was in Oakland, I remember him being so frustrated at so many balls being thrown at his feet by Andrew Walter image
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<That sound you just heard was my face palm and I no longer have absolute, 100% confidence he'll be one of my FF protections>>>

Are you kidding? In Rex's offense, he'll touch the ball a minimum of 20-25 times per game. I think I like Shady even more next year than the situation he was in with Philly. Polk was coming on and was likely going to steal goal line carries, and Sproles does all the same pass catching stuff Shady did.

Great trade for Philly BTW, assuming Alonso has no ill effects from the torn ACL.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I wonder where Suh will end up. The Eagles sure have cleared out a lot of money. >>

By Chris Mortensen | ESPN

Barring a breakdown in formal contract negotiations, Ndamukong Suh will sign with the Miami Dolphins after the new league year officially begins Tuesday for a deal that will pay him approximately $114 million with $60 million in guaranteed money, league sources told ESPN.

Ndamukong Suh's six-year, $114 million deal with the Dolphins would make him one of the NFL's highest-paid players.

The Dolphins and Suh's agent, Jimmy Sexton, discussed those six-year parameters once the 72-hour window opened Saturday for dialogue between teams and unrestricted free agents, sources confirmed.

While Suh's former team, the Detroit Lions, were among other teams making competitive proposals, the Dolphins' parameters far exceeded the rest of the clubs interested in the defensive tackle.

The official proposal and contract, which would make Suh one of the NFL's highest-paid players, must be negotiated when the market opens at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

Based off the parameters, Suh also will get $60 million in the first three years on a contract that is expected to average $19 million over the six years of the deal, sources said.

J.J. Watt of the Houston Texans set the market in 2014 when he signed a six-year, $100 million contract with $51.8 million in guaranteed money.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>

<< <i>I wonder where Suh will end up. The Eagles sure have cleared out a lot of money. >>

By Chris Mortensen | ESPN

Barring a breakdown in formal contract negotiations, Ndamukong Suh will sign with the Miami Dolphins after the new league year officially begins Tuesday for a deal that will pay him approximately $114 million with $60 million in guaranteed money, league sources told ESPN.

Ndamukong Suh's six-year, $114 million deal with the Dolphins would make him one of the NFL's highest-paid players.

The Dolphins and Suh's agent, Jimmy Sexton, discussed those six-year parameters once the 72-hour window opened Saturday for dialogue between teams and unrestricted free agents, sources confirmed.

While Suh's former team, the Detroit Lions, were among other teams making competitive proposals, the Dolphins' parameters far exceeded the rest of the clubs interested in the defensive tackle.

The official proposal and contract, which would make Suh one of the NFL's highest-paid players, must be negotiated when the market opens at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

Based off the parameters, Suh also will get $60 million in the first three years on a contract that is expected to average $19 million over the six years of the deal, sources said.

J.J. Watt of the Houston Texans set the market in 2014 when he signed a six-year, $100 million contract with $51.8 million in guaranteed money. >>

I don't understand deals like this but as a Pats fan I approve of a divisional foe continuing to not have a useful QB image

Here is to a few more bad seasons for Miami image
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patriots have signed McCourtey. Wonder if Revis is next?

<< <i>Patriots have signed McCourtey. Wonder if Revis is next? >>

I was hoping they signed Revis FIRST then haggled with Mcourtey image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Its pretty hard for me to get interested in what the Patriots do in the off season with the Red Sox gearing up for a fantastic season of their own. It is all about what the greedy players will sign for and what the even greedier owners will pay for them. I will wait for fall to see what they put together then get interested.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Patriots have signed McCourtey. Wonder if Revis is next? >>

I was hoping they signed Revis FIRST then haggled with Mcourtey image >>

I looked at it the same way. I think the Jets have a better chance now as the Patriots are more limited now unless they restructure some contracts. Also, a bunch of the guys the Jets were targeting came off the board which will make them even more aggressive pursuing Revis. Revis may give a small discount to the Patriots, but not that much of a discount.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
    Julius Thomas to the Jags, Andre Johnson released not sure how big a market there will be for him since he is getting up there in age. Patrick Will retiring too

What will happen with Demarco Murray

• << <i>

What will happen with Demarco Murray >>

He deleted the Cowboys Twitter page last night. Interesting.
    So. Seattle picks up Jimmy Graham?

huh

<< <i>So. Seattle picks up Jimmy Graham?

huh >>

Wonder how that will affect his fantasy value in that offense, or if Seattle is going to utilize him similar to how NO did...interesting..

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Sam Bradford for Nick Foles.

I like Sam a lot and will certainly miss him. Having said that, we all know about the injuries he's sustained. I wish him the absolute best and hope he's successful under Chip Kelly. Time will tell on that - Sanchez got a pretty good contract, so it's anybody's guess who will guide the Iggles in '15.

Meanwhile, Foles. This is a deep WR draft, so hopefully they go out and get him at least one good target.
    Chip Kelly is putting his chips on the Sanchize?? Lord help the Iggles, LOL..

Very interesting moves, Frank Gore to the Colts now and Torry Smith to the 49'ers Im reading.
    Jets add Revis

And, in other news, Seattle and NE are still the two best teams in the NFL.

<< <i>Jets add Revis

And, in other news, Seattle and NE are still the two best teams in the NFL. >>

I knew the Pats were not going to shell the money out so Im not suprised at all, I knew it was a huge stretch to think he would be in a Pats uniform again but hey we got him when we did and either way we won the Super Bowl so Thank You Mr.Revis for your services, it was nice doing bussiness with ya.

<< <i>

<< <i>Jets add Revis

And, in other news, Seattle and NE are still the two best teams in the NFL. >>

I knew the Pats were not going to shell the money out so Im not suprised at all, I knew it was a huge stretch to think he would be in a Pats uniform again but hey we got him when we did and either way we won the Super Bowl so Thank You Mr.Revis for your services, it was nice doing bussiness with ya. >>

I can't comprehend the whole Revis thing at all. Understandably the Pats would like to resign him but how is it possible that the only other team interested is the Jets? I can't believe no other team would want to add a number 1 corner to make a run for it.

The Jets will not be making a run for itin the next few decades why did they need a number 1 corner for 70 million? Either way I'm just glad that there was no tampering image
    Jets win the AFC next season. You heard it here first. image

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jets win the AFC next season. You heard it here first. image >>

do they have drug testing where you work, Tim? image
    who would have thought..sanchez may actually be the starter now vs the other two qbs
    Johnson and Gore to the Colts. Me thinks they really want to make it to the Super Bowl

<< <i>Johnson and Gore to the Colts. Me thinks they really want to make it to the Super Bowl >>

Couple of aging veterans but that brings alot to a football team and I think Johnson can step in and be effective and Gore can bring some different looks to the running game.

The Colts need to upgrade defensive personel though, if the Pats dont make it I wouldnt mind seeing the Colts do well with Luck, I like him.
    I didnt even know Vereen went to the Giants, I think he will do ok there but Maclin going to KC brings his potential numbers way down, KC just cant get it done with the QB to WR in the red zone lol
    The only positive left for chip is if he can sign demarco Murray. That'd be crazy in the same division.
    Similar to when the T.O Philly Dallas trade happened. Otherwise for the life of me I can't see what chip's up to.

Someone offered you a first round pick for Bradford? Sure they did chip. Keep defending yourself.

<< <i>The only positive left for chip is if he can sign demarco Murray. That'd be crazy in the same division.
    Similar to when the T.O Philly Dallas trade happened. Otherwise for the life of me I can't see what chip's up to.

Someone offered you a first round pick for Bradford? Sure they did chip. Keep defending yourself. >>

What was that press conference even about? He sounded a little unhinged .

<< <i>

<< <i>The only positive left for chip is if he can sign demarco Murray. That'd be crazy in the same division.

Someone offered you a first round pick for Bradford? Sure they did chip. Keep defending yourself. >>

What was that press conference even about? He sounded a little unhinged . >>

Im sure he did sound unhinged LOL he pretty much dismantled this team from the top down, he gets rid of his best playmaker in Mcoy and not only does he get rid of Nick Foles too he is putting the team on the shoulders of either Mark Sanchez or Sam Bradford who is made of glass, either way this team does not look improved whatsoever.
    The key will be if Murray can remain healthy, which is a big if. McCoy's production tapered off a bit last season and he was not nearly as good as he was in 2012-13, or better than Murray, for that matter, so it will be interesting to see how things play out.

<< <i>The key will be if Murray can remain healthy, which is a big if. McCoy's production tapered off a bit last season and he was not nearly as good as he was in 2012-13, or better than Murray, for that matter, so it will be interesting to see how things play out. >>

Totally agree, my post was before I knew Murray was landing in Philly.
    Now Im getting freaking annoyed, Browner is going to the Saints? I freaking knew Kraft was going to just melt the payroll down after the Super Bowl, I was hoping just HOPING they would keep it together for another run.

They freaking tag Gostkowski, re-do Amendolas contract and freaking pay McCourty but let Revis and Browner go after shedding the weight of Wilfork image
    I would be careful to trash talk what Chip is doing. The last Pac 12 (10) coach to jump to the NFL made a lot of fuzzy moves his first couple years and it has turned out alright. It's too bad he coaches Philly, because those fans don't deserve squat
  • ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I didnt even know Vereen went to the Giants, I think he will do ok there but Maclin going to KC brings his potential numbers way down, KC just cant get it done with the QB to WR in the red zone lol >>

Ahh yes, the yearly trade up, trade down, trade sideways game is still alive and well in K.C. Try to build the team that will get you
    as close to .500 as possible, without forcing you to play extra games in the post season. Gotta fill them seats, so build hope, but
    dont do overboard and build a winner. Chiefs Mottoimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now Im getting freaking annoyed, Browner is going to the Saints? I freaking knew Kraft was going to just melt the payroll down after the Super Bowl, I was hoping just HOPING they would keep it together for another run.

They freaking tag Gostkowski, re-do Amendolas contract and freaking pay McCourty but let Revis and Browner go after shedding the weight of Wilfork image >>

there, there. Relax. Trust in Bill.