Home Sports Talk

The Official 2015 New York Mets Thread **CONGRATS to the 2015 NLDS WINNERS!!!**

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, someone had to start it, right? image

Starting pitching looks rather formidable for a change~if Harvey is back at full strength, a rotation of Harvey, deGrom, Wheeler, Niese and Gee or Colon, makes up a solid starting 5. And Parnell is returning to join a pretty solid bullpen, too. Hopefully, Wright stays healtrhy and productive, Grandy has a better, more productive year, Duda builds upon a very impressive 2014, and we get some more punch behind the plate from D'Arnaud. Cuddyer should provide some stability, too.

It's been a while since the Mets had a realistic shot at 90 wins, but this may be the year.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, well thought out synopsis Tim! I just hope the bullpen, which has been our downfall in recent years, really steps up.

This is the year! We have been waiting long enough and we are due!
    Mets, Jets, Pets its all the same image

Just kidding Tim, hope your Mets do OK

• << <i>......It's been a while since the Mets had a realistic shot at 90 wins, but this may be the year. >>

All your money won't another minute buy.
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭
    Wow! This will be a short official thread for sure.

I haven't been on this side of the street in some time and see Grote is still hanging on to the Mets. Heehee...

Give it up man! The Mets will finish second to last behind my terrible Phillies. Fortunately for Phillies fans, Amaro Jr. is retooling the team and
    preparing to send of the over priced veterans with some super prospects that will make us contenders and hopefully leap frog from worst to first
    in a couple years......I hope....image

Either way, order will be restored in a year or so and the Mets will be cellar dwellers once again!

aconte
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Mets made it to the series in 86, 74, and 69 ? We're there any other years ?
    If so, two out of three ain't bad ! >>

They won the WS in 69 and 86, lost in 73 and 2000.

Tony, I thought this article might interest you, LOL!

2015 MLB Win Total Projections

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Tim,

I didn't even have to open that one. I already know. They will stink this year.

But hey! My kids still love it. They got a great Phanantic Phun Zone to play in. lol...

Tony
    Colon looking sharp for a guy who looks like he should be playing weekend softball, lol...another reason I love this sport!

And Duda comes through!

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseball is really entrenched in a down period for offense. I don't remember ever feeling like a 5-3 7th inning lead was so ironclad.

• << <i>......It's been a while since the Mets had a realistic shot at 90 wins, but this may be the year. >>

<< <i>84 >>

I may have overestimated.

<< <i>

<< <i>......It's been a while since the Mets had a realistic shot at 90 wins, but this may be the year. >>

<< <i>84 >>

I may have overestimated. >>

You may have, LOL!

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> It's been a while since the Mets had a realistic shot at 90 wins, but this may be the year. >>

I think maybe getting closer to .500 would be a more reasonable goal.
    Daniel
    On pace to finish 101-61! Or about 30 games ahead of the Spankees. image

Top of the heap~sure, it's only April, but this team is starting to look good! If they can keep scoring runs, they will be tough to beat.

Duda has really improved. Hard to believe he was fighting it out with Ike for starting time only a couple of years ago.
    Colon is looking like a Cy Young Award winner out there!

AAAUGH!!! Can you say Pyrrhic victory?

• << <i>

<< <i>......It's been a while since the Mets had a realistic shot at 90 wins, but this may be the year. >>

<< <i>84 >>

I may have overestimated. >>

Yet to lose since I made this comment.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>AAAUGH!!! Can you say Pyrrhic victory? >>

Man ... broken hand AND broken arm. Two more guys on DL. HOPEFULLY they can play around it.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Two guys that were white hot, too.

Let's see if this team can overcome the adverisity~they haven't missed Wright yet.

Last two games are games the old Mets would find a way to lose~this club is resilient.

Put it in the books Tim. #10
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Incredible run, and shorthanded, too! I like what I'm seeing! image

Another win ties the club record for consecutive wins and matches their best start in team history~13-3~previously accomplished in 1986!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although am not a Mets fan I can appreciate any team that can string a 10 game winning streak. Whats more impressive is how they are doing it. Despite injuries,almost blowing a few late leads, but hanging in there for the wins. And with their come back win Weds. Will be interesting to follow the subway series this week with the Yanks.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
    Bartolo Colon is 4-0. Man, 11 wins in a row. Mets have never won more in a row in their history. They now have a 4.5 game lead. As a long suffering MET fan I have to enjoy it as long as it lasts.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Figured we should revive this thread. The team's not giving up so neither should we. One game out of first place despite the worst offense in the National League really speaks volumes about the pitching staff. Here's to the offense following suite image
    Starting pitcher has been exceptional. Clippard was a huge acquisition in the wake of that moron Mejias getting suspended again. We could use one more bonafide bat in the lineup, but the east is up for grabs and the Mets have the pitching to take it!

Cespedes a Met!

Wilmer!!!!!

What a storybook ending to an incredible week! The new fan favorite~a kid who actually cares about his team!

Hello sweep and hello first place! I sure hope the power surge continues, It has been fun to watch. Duda has been killing it with nine homers in eight games.
    If the bats stay hot, this time has the pitching to make some noise! Great to see!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cespedes a Met! >>

As Seinfeld said upon hearing of the trade, " Cespedes, for the rest of us ".

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Sweet come from behind victory last night!!
    Back to back shutouts. Cespedes hits his first HR at Citi Field. This team is rolling! I'd say we are certainly going to be playing "meaningful games in September." LOL!

Shades of "old Mets" this weekend. I hope the Mets don't get drunk on facing poor teams for the remainder of the season. The playoffs will be a rude awakening.

<< <i>Shades of "old Mets" this weekend. I hope the Mets don't get drunk on facing poor teams for the remainder of the season. The playoffs will be a rude awakening. >>

+1

Seems they are not quite ready for prime time, but as a Mets fan, I'd still say this season is exceeding expectations.

• 59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    I see Matz pitched a rehab start. Any idea when he comes back up?

Jim

<< <i>I see Matz pitched a rehab start. Any idea when he comes back up?

Jim >>

Word is he'll be back up by Sept 1 and used as part of a six-man rotation to limit IP for Harvey, deGrom and Syndegaard, all of whom aree approaching their planned innings "limit" set at the start of the year. Personally, I think it's ridiculous~let the guys pitch. They wind up undergoing surgery even when you try and baby them, and it's ridiculous to think we have to stop competing with our best players because they can't hack a 162-game season!

<< <i>Thursday April 23, 2015 4:33 PM
    Bartolo Colon is 4-0. Man, 11 wins in a row. Mets have never won more in a row in their history. They now have a 4.5 game lead. As a long suffering MET fan I have to enjoy it as long as it lasts. >>

Almost 4 months later ... 3 LOSSES in a row ... and still a 4.5 game lead! GOTTA LUV IT!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

page up?
    Thanks, grote. I have Matz stashed on my Fantasy BB team and was hoping he would be back to help my dismal team! image

Jim
    I rarely check here but wanted to pop up so Grote does not think I'm hiding from him. Yes, the Phillies are bad and about to be swept by the Mets.
    Yuk! I hate the Mets. I can't wait for them to stink again....image Good luck Tim!

Go Phillies!

aconte
    Thanks, Tony~I wish we could play the AA team you have every night! image

Sweep!

The NL East is all but clinched!

It's incredible how the Mets have gone from scoring 7 runs in a week to scoring 70. And now that there are some hitters surrounding him, I expect David to succeed, health permitting.

<< <i>Thanks, Tony~I wish we could play the AA team you have every night! image

Sweep!

The NL East is all but clinched! >>

I work with a big Mets fan. He's a nice guy. This week he was annoying though. I'm not sure why I felt this way.

aconte
    Amazing comeback win after Harvey got rocked. The team is unbeatable right now!

Just because of all the BS this past week, I was happy to see Harvey get beaten up .... and the METS come back for the HUGE win. LETS GO METS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug