Home Sports Talk
Options

Feel free to fax your apologies to Tom and Bill

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
From Brady:

It's official: Nobody with the New England Patriots seemingly knows how most of their footballs became under-inflated in the AFC championship game.

Coach Bill Belichick said during a news conference on Thursday morning he was shocked when he heard about it on Monday, and quarterback Tom Brady echoed that sentiment in the afternoon. Brady said, "I didn’t alter the ball in any way."

"Everyone is trying to figure out what happened," Brady said. "I was as surprised as anybody when I heard Monday morning what was happening."

Brady said he had no knowledge of anyone tampering with the game balls, even though reports said 11 of the Patriots' 12 main balls were found to be two pounds per square inch below the league standard.

"I have no knowledge of anything," Brady said. "I have no knowledge of any wrongdoing. I’m very comfortable saying that nobody did it, as far as I know. I was in the locker room preparing for a game – I don’t know what happened over the course of the process with the footballs."

In his media conference on Thursday morning, Belichick said he had no knowledge of the football protocol or the air pressure, but Brady could answer better to his preferences. Some viewed that as Belichick putting the controversy on Brady, although that seems to be creating a controversy out of a controversy.

But Brady said he didn't know anything, and couldn't tell the difference between the balls in the first half, which was reportedly under-inflated, and the balls in the second half, which reportedly were the backup balls that were supposedly within the league rules for air pressure.

"From the first half to the second half, I didn’t think twice about it," Brady said. "I don’t put one thought into the football at that point. Once I approve the football, that’s the ball I expect on the field."

On WEEI radio on Monday, Brady called it “ridiculous” and started laughing when the topic was brought up.

“I think I’ve heard it all at this point,” he said on the WEEI show.

He said that radio interview was the first he had heard about the controversy.

Brady said before the game he'll go through a process of picking out the balls before the game, before the officials' inspection. He said he wouldn't want anyone messing with them after that.

"When I pick those footballs out, at that point to me they’re perfect," Brady said. "I don’t want anyone touching the balls after that, I don’t want anyone rubbing them, putting any air in them, taking any air out. To me those balls are perfect and that’s what I expect when I show up on the field."

Brady addressed his previous comments that he said he likes the balls under-inflated, but he said that he meant he likes the balls inflated to the low end of the NFL's specifications. The NFL stipulates that balls be between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds of pressure per square inch.

"I like them the way I like them, which is 12.5," Brady said. "That’s a perfect grip for the football. I would never do anything outside of the rules of play. I would never have anyone do something."

Brady pleaded ignorance over what happened, but said it's a serious matter as the integrity of the sport is serious. He maintained throughout his news conference that the first he'd heard about any of it was early Monday morning, he'd never asked anyone to tamper with the balls after the officials' inspection, and wouldn't want anyone tampering the balls after he picks out the ones he wants.

"I’d like to know what happened, as you all would too," Brady said.

- - - - - - -

Frank Schwab is the editor of Shutdown Corner on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at shutdowncorner@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @YahooSchwab
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Glad that is cleared up!
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Now that this is all behind us, I see Goldilocks got fined $20k for his dirty hit on Russell Wilson. He'll have plenty of time to run to the bank since the better team lost Sunday.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    wonder if they'll hook up for anymore headphones commercials. image
  • Options
    I'm sure one of the two would be willing, the other would pout.
  • Options
    Did PR people tell them to say they heard about it Monday morning? What a joke the news broke sunday night you know darn well they were all over this Sunday night. And Bill ? Forty years in the league and didn't know football could be tampered with? Whatever.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

"Let me start by telling you this: I have never under-inflated NFL footballs. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never. The allegations by Mr. Goodell's staff are completely false"
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How predictable, the guilty faking surprise and denying knowledge when caught.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Espn poll...only 1% believe Tom terrific. I've never seen a poll that low. And it was open to the new England states. He did not come off well in his press conference. I was neutral, didn't care until then. He looked like a grade schooler trying to lie. Except he was lying to the face of thousands/millions.
    And that bill came off relatively well. When has that ever happened?

Even bill threw him under the bus. Someone is not telling the truth. The buck stops at Tom.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Who really cares?

Everybody lies today.

Play the super bowl and get on with life.

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Espn poll...only 1% believe Tom terrific. I've never seen a poll that low. And it was open to the new England states. He did not come off well in his press conference. I was neutral, didn't care until then. He looked like a grade schooler trying to lie. Except he was lying to the face of thousands/millions.

Even bill threw him under the bus. Someone is not telling the truth. The buck stops at Tom. >>

1%?? What poll was that?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if anyone even checked the balls before the game, that's a distinct possibility. Regardless I understand why everyone is not offering any benefit of the doubt, also Brady might have told the ball boy earlier in the year how he likes the ball and it has been an ongoing thing since. Obviously I'm a homer and yes I have doubt that it's all legit innocent mistakes but at the end of the day I think that it's not a big deal and I sincerely meen that to the point of feeling the same way if Indy was the accused and we lost. For Brady to come out and deny any involvement and be found to be lying is a risk I could not imagine him doing.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Espn poll...only 1% believe Tom terrific. I've never seen a poll that low. And it was open to the new England states. He did not come off well in his press conference. I was neutral, didn't care until then. He looked like a grade schooler trying to lie. Except he was lying to the face of thousands/millions.

Even bill threw him under the bus. Someone is not telling the truth. The buck stops at Tom. >>

1%?? What poll was that?

image >>

Wow! I honestly cant believe its that cut and dried. Not even 1 state inside "New England country" or
    1 outside varying from what we would expect. Very interesting.

(On a side note, I wish that they would of used different colors, seeing the state of California in red scares
    meimage )
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options

<< <i>Who really cares?

Everybody lies today.

Play the super bowl and get on with life. >>

Man....that's what we are down to?
  • Options
    Look at our president if you don't believe me.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    Listened to the Belichick news conference, sounds like mitigating circumstances to me. I think he presented enough information to provide an explanation that doesn't involve cheating. Of course I'm also a Brady/Pats fan so I am inclined to believe any explanation that does not end with "we cheated".
    Learned that the inflation of the ball after it is handed over by the team is at the discretion of the ref and that the process of roughing up the ball can add PSI to the ball which will later drop as the ball rests. I think if the NFL does a similar study and has similar findings it will be difficult to punish the Pats without a smoking gun/confession.

Robb
  • Options

<< <i>Look at our president if you don't believe me. >>

Got me there. image
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Who really cares?

Everybody lies today.

Play the super bowl and get on with life. >>

Thats how I raise my children too.
    "kids, dont lie...but if you do, lie again to cover it up"

I guess I missed that post until MGLICKER replied to it. Please tell me that was way heavy sarcasm.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    There has been quite a lot media attention about under-inflated footballs from TV to Radio and we will get even more on Tuesday during media day. Maybe someone that has read up on the subject can speculate about some possibilities. 1. How does 11 of the 12 Tom Brady footballs gain an extra artificial 1lb to 1.5 lbs of PSI during the ball preparation phase in the looker room. Then later lose 2lbs PSI before halftime as they settle to their equilibrium. 2. Can we give Brady the same 12 balls with an official and league office person present, ask him to prep the balls in exactly the same way and see if he can reproduce the result. The official will measure the PSI when they leave the locker room and again at halftime. If they lose 2 PSI then Brady is given an official apology by the league. If they don't lose any pressure, then the league officials get to prep his footballs for the first 8 games next season to their liking.

For 11 of 12 footballs to lose 2PSI before halftime would suggest that either the bladders of his footballs were defective or they were tampered with. It is fairly well known that having less pressure in a football makes it easier to catch and grip. Having a football less likely to bounce off a receivers hands, would help a quarterbacks completion percentage and might keep a drive going that leads to points. So there is definitely an advantage even if it's just a small one, maybe it equates to a few of extra completions over the course of a game. I am sure some of the old Denver Broncos receivers back in John Elway's time wish they could take some air out of the football. Catching balls shot out of a cannon led to many crooked fingers over the course of a career.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
  • Options
    I apologize, that sports nation poll was the only poll taken this week after all. Point proven. Well done sir.

The hundreds, thousands of reporters, tv shows, radio shows, papers, experts... All defer to max kellerman

And now please refer all scientific studies to bill belichek.

Seriously tho, the 1% was from a poll right after the Brady conference where 1% believed Tom, around 40% believed bill. And somewhere in btwn believed both. Tom didn't do himself any favors.

Ugh..we need some football.
  • Options

<< <i>Seriously tho, the 1% was from a poll right after the Brady conference where 1% believed Tom, around 40% believed bill. And somewhere in btwn believed both. >>

In other words, you were wrong when you said that 1% believed Brady. 1% believed Brady but not Bill. There's a difference.
  • Options

<< <i>There has been quite a lot media attention about under-inflated footballs from TV to Radio and we will get even more on Tuesday during media day. Maybe someone that has read up on the subject can speculate about some possibilities. 1. How does 11 of the 12 Tom Brady footballs gain an extra artificial 1lb to 1.5 lbs of PSI during the ball preparation phase in the looker room. Then later lose 2lbs PSI before halftime as they settle to their equilibrium. 2. Can we give Brady the same 12 balls with an official and league office person present, ask him to prep the balls in exactly the same way and see if he can reproduce the result. The official will measure the PSI when they leave the locker room and again at halftime. If they lose 2 PSI then Brady is given an official apology by the league. If they don't lose any pressure, then the league officials get to prep his footballs for the first 8 games next season to their liking.

For 11 of 12 footballs to lose 2PSI before halftime would suggest that either the bladders of his footballs were defective or they were tampered with. It is fairly well known that having less pressure in a football makes it easier to catch and grip. Having a football less likely to bounce off a receivers hands, would help a quarterbacks completion percentage and might keep a drive going that leads to points. So there is definitely an advantage even if it's just a small one, maybe it equates to a few of extra completions over the course of a game. I am sure some of the old Denver Broncos receivers back in John Elway's time wish they could take some air out of the football. Catching balls shot out of a cannon led to many crooked fingers over the course of a career. >>

We currently only know of 1 football that lost 2 psi, which was in possession of the colts. The league has only stated that 11 balls were under inflated, that's it. Hopefully we will have all of the psi facts of the other 10 footballs soon so we can put this to bed.
    Greatly overpaying for a 2000 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA 10
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

We currently only know of 1 football that lost 2 psi, which was in possession of the colts. The league has only stated that 11 balls were under inflated, that's it. Hopefully we will have all of the psi facts of the other 10 footballs soon so we can put this to bed. >>

I don't think the NFL stated much of anything. The numbers were leaked by the idiot Chris Mortenson it was claimed they came from the NFL but its starting to seem like they may have been exaggerated.

What happens if it turns out they were incorrect? Do all these media talking heads issue apologies? or will they will just jump on to the next bandwagon?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

We currently only know of 1 football that lost 2 psi, which was in possession of the colts. The league has only stated that 11 balls were under inflated, that's it. Hopefully we will have all of the psi facts of the other 10 footballs soon so we can put this to bed. >>

I don't think the NFL stated much of anything. The numbers were leaked by the idiot Chris Mortenson it was claimed they came from the NFL but its starting to seem like they may have been exaggerated.

What happens if it turns out they were incorrect? Do all these media talking heads issue apologies? or will they will just jump on to the next bandwagon? >>

They all should be lined up in front of Brady, Belichick & Kraft & be forced to apologize. Kind of like this:

I'm sorry for my behavior
    Greatly overpaying for a 2000 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA 10
  • Options
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone see that ESPN pulled their own Sport Science Video on this matter? Interesting...
  • Options
    Looks like a patsy for the Pats has been found
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like a patsy for the Pats has been found >>

Or just more BS Sources report blah blah . Here is a novel idea for the NFL how about officially releasing some info ? Why does every little tidbit need to be laundered through some hack?

Sources reported that Roger Goodell never saw the video of what happened in that elevator either. If the Pats deflated the balls then that stinks , if they didn't deflate them and are just going to be crucified over rumors that stinks just as bad.

I'm sick of hearing about it. I want to know about the game and the players , thats what this 2 weeks is supposed to be about.

Is Sherman's arm okay? How will the Pats stop Lynch , how will they contain Russell Wilson? Are the Hawks going to be able to keep Gronk from making big plays? Will Brady choke in this one? Will the Pats establish the run ? will the Seahawks challenge Revis ? Lets dig into the nuts and bolts of the matchups.

Lets talk about the friggin game image It's almost upon us and all I hear about is PSI . The players on both teams must be just as sick of questions about this garbage as I am.

Here in Mass they have finally impaneled the jury for the Aaron Hernandez trial and I don't hear a word about it. A pats player killed one someone and maybe a few other somebodies and its a page 28 story in the paper while page one is Deflate-gate whats wrong with this picture?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like a patsy for the Pats has been found >>

Or just more BS Sources report blah blah . Here is a novel idea for the NFL how about officially releasing some info ? Why does every little tidbit need to be laundered through some hack?

Sources reported that Roger Goodell never saw the video of what happened in that elevator either. If the Pats deflated the balls then that stinks , if they didn't deflate them and are just going to be crucified over rumors that stinks just as bad.

I'm sick of hearing about it. I want to know about the game and the players , thats what this 2 weeks is supposed to be about.

Is Sherman's arm okay? How will the Pats stop Lynch , how will they contain Russell Wilson? Are the Hawks going to be able to keep Gronk from making big plays? Will Brady choke in this one? Will the Pats establish the run ? will the Seahawks challenge Revis ? Lets dig into the nuts and bolts of the matchups.

Lets talk about the friggin game image It's almost upon us and all I hear about is PSI . The players on both teams must be just as sick of questions about this garbage as I am.

Here in Mass they have finally impaneled the jury for the Aaron Hernandez trial and I don't hear a word about it. A pats player killed one someone and maybe a few other somebodies and its a page 28 story in the paper while page one is Deflate-gate whats wrong with this picture? >>

Its real easy to understand. ITS THE PATRIOTS! If it was any other team it would have gotten about half of the attention, yea I know they have a history but whatever this is peanuts compared to spygate however people will continue to throw stones in their glass houses and call for the axe and chopping block because its Brady & Belichek, all this media attention by a whole bunch of squeaky clean holier than thow types, its gross.
  • Options

<< <i>Its real easy to understand. ITS THE PATRIOTS! If it was any other team it would have gotten about half of the attention, yea I know they have a history but whatever this is peanuts compared to spygate however people will continue to throw stones in their glass houses and call for the axe and chopping block because its Brady & Belichek, all this media attention by a whole bunch of squeaky clean holier than thow types, its gross. >>

It is a big deal because:

A. The team is in the Super Bowl.

B. They are suspected of cheating to get there.

Do you think that a Green Bay or Dallas in the same position would be receiving less scrutiny? C'mon Perkdog, Boston is not the center of the universe.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Its real easy to understand. ITS THE PATRIOTS! If it was any other team it would have gotten about half of the attention, yea I know they have a history but whatever this is peanuts compared to spygate however people will continue to throw stones in their glass houses and call for the axe and chopping block because its Brady & Belichek, all this media attention by a whole bunch of squeaky clean holier than thow types, its gross. >>

It is a big deal because:

Do you think that a Green Bay or Dallas in the same position would be receiving less scrutiny? C'mon Perkdog, Boston is not the center of the universe. >>

Not even close, why hasnt anyone berrated Brad Johnson for messing with the footballs in his WIN in the Super Bowl? Why not put an asterik there or cancel out their win? Why not fine Aaoron Rodgers for overinflating the balls he usees? Because of everything I said in my post thats why.
  • Options
    Can't believe all the happy horse you know what I have read here. They cheated. They got caught. Now it's time to see what a pathetic punishment they get, if any.

Good sportsmanship is probably long dead anyway. Every day I enjoy sports less and less.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

<< <i>Can't believe all the happy horse you know what I have read here. They cheated. They got caught. Now it's time to see what a pathetic punishment they get, if any.

Good sportsmanship is probably long dead anyway. Every day I enjoy sports less and less. >>

Perfect example of what I been saying, the jury isnt out yet on EXACTLY what happened yet its so cut and dried to some of you and your ready to hang them LOL I hope your never picked for jury duty!

Can we at least prove them guilty AFTER we get all the facts? Sincerely it might be an innocent mistake, if its not then spew out all the venom you want...

• Options
    Perkdog: I truly admire and envy your dedication to your team. I felt the same way about the Detroit Tigers until they fired legendary play by play man Ernie Harwell in the early 1990's. Lost my admiration for Bo Schembechler at the same time as he was the Tigers team president when that wretched decision was made.

Lived and died on every Tigers pitch until then, but in one quick blow the fantasy burst. In my 30's I finally realized that this was not my team or Detroit's team, it was nothing but a gang of mercenaries employed by a self loving pizza magnate (not the current pizza guy but the previous one).

Though I worship no teams today, it allows a more focused and balanced eye on the game itself. As fans, it is an individual choice to decide what we are willing to accept from those that we hold on a pedestal.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Can't believe all the happy horse you know what I have read here. They cheated. They got caught. Now it's time to see what a pathetic punishment they get, if any.

Good sportsmanship is probably long dead anyway. Every day I enjoy sports less and less. >>

Perfect example of what I been saying, the jury isnt out yet on EXACTLY what happened yet its so cut and dried to some of you and your ready to hang them LOL I hope your never picked for jury duty!

Can we at least prove them guilty AFTER we get all the facts? Sincerely it might be an innocent mistake, if its not then spew out all the venom you want... >>

Seems to me that 11 out of 12 balls for one team being altered points to cheating. Innocent mistake? I am not a Math Major, but the odds seems pretty steep for that possibility.

If a plausible explanation comes out, I will sincerely apologize to you and all of the New England fans. Sticking up for your favorite team is laudable.

I try to give the benefit of the doubt when something like this happens, but this seems pretty obvious, especially because of past behavior.

My main thoughts are that certain violations are punished severely and others not so much. Many here have pointed out that IF the Patriots cheated it didn't change the outcome of the game and this is meaningless. If it's proven they cheated, as a second offense, I would forfeit the victory, if they happen to win the SB, I would strip them of the title and award it to Seattle. Too severe? Not for a second offense. Individuals who break the rules usually continue to do so until the punishment becomes severe.

• Options

<< <i>Not even close, why hasnt anyone berrated Brad Johnson for messing with the footballs in his WIN in the Super Bowl? Why not put an asterik there or cancel out their win? Why not fine Aaoron Rodgers for overinflating the balls he usees? Because of everything I said in my post thats why. >>

Brad Johnson didn't do anything ILLEGAL. Both quarterbacks had the balls "roughed up" prior to the game. Not against the rules and neither team had an advantage. Heard this from a former Vikings player who knew Johnson well.

I am not aware of Rogers over inflation accusations.

Simple solution would be to have officials handle the footballs and teams share the one in use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Not even close, why hasnt anyone berrated Brad Johnson for messing with the footballs in his WIN in the Super Bowl? Why not put an asterik there or cancel out their win? Why not fine Aaoron Rodgers for overinflating the balls he usees? Because of everything I said in my post thats why. >>

Brad Johnson didn't do anything ILLEGAL. Both quarterbacks had the balls "roughed up" prior to the game. Not against the rules and neither team had an advantage. Heard this from a former Vikings player who knew Johnson well.

I am not aware of Rogers over inflation accusations.

Simple solution would be to have officials handle the footballs and teams share the one in use. >>

Exactly!
  • Options

<< <i>
    Seems to me that 11 out of 12 balls for one team being altered points to cheating. Innocent mistake? I am not a Math Major, but the odds seems pretty steep for that possibility.

If a plausible explanation comes out, I will sincerely apologize to you and all of the New England fans. Sticking up for your favorite team is laudable.

I try to give the benefit of the doubt when something like this happens, but this seems pretty obvious, especially because of past behavior.

My main thoughts are that certain violations are punished severely and others not so much. Many here have pointed out that IF the Patriots cheated it didn't change the outcome of the game and this is meaningless. If it's proven they cheated, as a second offense, I would forfeit the victory, if they happen to win the SB, I would strip them of the title and award it to Seattle. Too severe? Not for a second offense. Individuals who break the rules usually continue to do so until the punishment becomes severe. >>

Strip the super bowl if they win?? image

• Options
    Make the officials have complete control of all the balls. I thought they always did but knowing how the NFL operates it does not surprise me that they did not. It's on them that someone could get hold of the balls not the Patriots who were just following the rules and you will have a hard time proving that they were not following the rules even though all the Patriots haters all over the country want blood. They cant stand how great the Patriots team has become. Eat your heart out HATERS as nothing is going to happen.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's rather amusing to read how indignant the Pats fans can become when their team's credibility is challenged..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Brad Johnson didn't do anything ILLEGAL. Both quarterbacks had the balls "roughed up" prior to the game. Not against the rules and neither team had an advantage. Heard this from a former Vikings player who knew Johnson well.
    >>

No, what he did is legal now, but it was against the rules back then.

Why no fuss about Brad Johnson? BOTH teams used the same footballs back then, and roughing up the footballs is now legal.
  • Options

<< <i>It's rather amusing to read how indignant the Pats fans can become when their team's credibility is challenged.. >>

We get indignant because everybody piles on the Patriots because of their success.

People are always looking for trouble but the rest of the league can do whatever they want and nothing gets said.

It's always Patriots are dong this, Patriots are doing that.

Tough ______!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It's rather amusing to read how indignant the Pats fans can become when their team's credibility is challenged.. >>

We get indignant because everybody piles on the Patriots because of their success.

People are always looking for trouble but the rest of the league can do whatever they want and nothing gets said.

Tough ______! >>

Exhibit A image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Tough ______! >>

Exhibit A image >>

I give a free Patriot hater pass to my friend Tim because he has the Pets to root for, that is just horrific image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Tough ______! >>

Exhibit A image >>

I give a free Patriot hater pass to my friend Tim because he has the Pets to root for, that is just horrific image >>

Exactly! I am beyond suffering! LOL!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked with Bill and Tom and nothing yet. Operators standing by

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    I have never been a fan of Brady or the Patriots and have actually hated them for years. Recently though have thought about that situation.

Tom Brady wins Super Bowls, and then the next morning wakes up next to Gisele. Tip o' the cap to ya Sir.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait for the Wells report to come out on Deflate-gate, I really can't. I don't care if most of the public won't believe a word in it, given the NFL's investigation track record.

But, when it does, and it shows the Pats did nothing malicious, ESPN should air a 30-minute special called "The Apology", in which they trot out every imbecile that accused them of cheating, and force them to issue a 15-second apology to Brady, Belichick, and the Pats organization....actually, on second thought, they might need to make that an hour. Mark Brunell can be the host, but only if he promises to hold himself together for the full 60 minutes.
  • Options

<< <i>I cannot wait for the Wells report to come out on Deflate-gate, I really can't. I don't care if most of the public won't believe a word in it, given the NFL's investigation track record.

But, when it does, and it shows the Pats did nothing malicious, ESPN should air a 30-minute special called "The Apology", in which they trot out every imbecile that accused them of cheating, and force them to issue a 15-second apology to Brady, Belichick, and the Pats organization....actually, on second thought, they might need to make that an hour. Mark Brunell can be the host, but only if he promises to hold himself together for the full 60 minutes. >>

Yea good luck with that, pretty much everyone that bad mouthed the Pats over this BS before all the facts were out wont even give it a seconds thought and in their stupid minds will still believe what they want to believe because they hate the Patriots for being better than every other franchise in the NFL.

• Options

Supposedly an NFL employee was fired for selling some of the deflated footballs image Seems like if those were important evidence there would be some sort of chain of custody thing going on.