Home Sports Talk

DeMarco Murray is better then Emmit Smith

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just clearing that up. Figure we needed another Cowboy thread ad nasuem.

MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    I would take Herschel before either.

....just fanning the flames. image
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Duane Thomas would like you to know that if there's a Greatest Cowboy Running Back Ever, there will be yet another one next season.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>DeMarco Murray is better then Emmit Smith >>

Emmitt not Emmit.

I will forgive you for that. Once! You say that again and we're not brothers.

Quick. Name that movie quote. Lol
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DM is great........BUT Smith was greater.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can Murray dance?

Wonder how he will play with the repaired left hand?
    >>>Wonder how he will play with the repaired left hand? <<<

Isn't that just great!

<< <i>>>>Wonder how he will play with the repaired left hand? <<<

Isn't that just great! >>

I think Emmitt had the same injury and surgery, and he turned out OK!
    Yes, and Larry Little an offensive lineman (I think) played in a SB for Miami with a broken arm in a cast years ago. image
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Emmitt not Emmit.

Quick. Name that movie quote. Lol >>

It wouldn't be a Dimeman theme tread without a misspell. Just keeping it realimage

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking Tony Dorsett was the greatest of all... but I just have a hard time picking him over Don Perkins.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

<< <i>

<< <i>

Emmitt not Emmit.

It wouldn't be a Dimeman theme tread without a misspell. Just keeping it realimage

MJ >>

Lmao!
  • PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    But is Joique Bell better than Barry Sanders? Discuss.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Emmitt not Emmit.

Legends of the Fall! Great movie!!

LOL Paul!

One of the best movies of the 90's for sure.
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    I say give the ball to Randle all day long. He is a great back in his own right and if Romo can heave a pair of men's underwear 40 yards down field after handing off, Randle should be able to rip some big ones.image
  • TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    Emmitt Smith had 11 years over 1,000 yards, 9 of those were over 1,200, 7 of those were over 1,300, and he was 3 yards shy of having 6 seasons over 1,400 yards. No matter how you look at it, Emmitt Smith was a very consistent performer. He wasn't going to out run defensive backs with flat out speed, but he was quick sticking his foot in the ground and accelerating with power when he changed direction. That running with power off a cut is an often overlooked trait of the the best running backs and Emmitt was one of the best at it. How many times did you see Emmitt run through a hole, stick his foot in the ground and then accelerate through a tacklers arms? Emmitt was a master at taking what should have been a 4 yard gain and turning it into a 10 to 15 yard gain. Emmitt wasn't a flashy player so he often gets overlooked by the public for his accomplishments. Emmitt was also a very tough back and could take a mountain of punishment and keep hammering away. I'll take a guy like that on my team anytime.

Demarco Murray is a very talented back, no question about that. But let's see if he can display that kind of consistency year after year before we compare him to a HOF back like Emmitt Smith. I think to earn the honor of saying your a better back than Emmitt Smith you would need to evoke names like Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, or Walter Payton.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone really believe the OP wasn't being facetious with this thread? I assumed it was obvious but maybe I'm wrong, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>Does anyone really believe the OP wasn't being facetious with this thread? I assumed it was obvious but maybe I'm wrong, lol.. >>

No chance he was serious, although anything is possible lol

<< <i>Does anyone really believe the OP wasn't being facetious with this thread? I assumed it was obvious but maybe I'm wrong, lol.. >>

I don't think he was serious. It would have been like a "Mark Fidrych is better than Tom Seaver" thread back in 76

<< <i>Emmitt Smith had 11 years over 1,000 yards, 9 of those were over 1,200, 7 of those were over 1,300, and he was 3 yards shy of having 6 seasons over 1,400 yards. No matter how you look at it, Emmitt Smith was a very consistent performer. He wasn't going to out run defensive backs with flat out speed, but he was quick sticking his foot in the ground and accelerating with power when he changed direction. That running with power off a cut is an often overlooked trait of the the best running backs and Emmitt was one of the best at it. How many times did you see Emmitt run through a hole, stick his foot in the ground and then accelerate through a tacklers arms? Emmitt was a master at taking what should have been a 4 yard gain and turning it into a 10 to 15 yard gain. Emmitt wasn't a flashy player so he often gets overlooked by the public for his accomplishments. Emmitt was also a very tough back and could take a mountain of punishment and keep hammering away. I'll take a guy like that on my team anytime.

Demarco Murray is a very talented back, no question about that. But let's see if he can display that kind of consistency year after year before we compare him to a HOF back like Emmitt Smith. I think to earn the honor of saying your a better back than Emmitt Smith you would need to evoke names like Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, or Walter Payton. >>

Wow! Great analogy. I think I love you!! Lmao!!

Yes it's obviously a joke.
    I think we need a good old fashioned "Who is better Sanders, Brown, Emmitt or Demarco Murray?" thread

<< <i>I think we need a good old fashioned "Who is better Sanders, Brown, Emmitt or Demarco Murray?" thread

image >>

Craig James kicks all their butts! Lol
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I think we need a good old fashioned "Who is better Emmitt or Demarco Murray?" thread. >>

Don't you guys think:
    Bill Thomas, Boston College, 1972 (first round, No. 26 overall)

Sherman Williams, Alabama, 1995 (second round, No. 46 overall) and

Felix Jones, Arkansas, 2008 (first round, No. 22 overall)

should be in the "Best Dallas Cowboys' Running Back Ever" discussion?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we need a good old fashioned "Who is better Sanders, Brown, Emmitt or Demarco Murray?" thread >>

Chuck Muncie > ((Barry Sanders + Jim Brown + Emmit Smith + DeMarco Murray) * Drew Breeze)
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just channeling my inner Dimeman. It was scary.

MJ