Home Sports Talk
Options

The TD catch Smith just made on MNF was actually harder to do than the Beckham catch...

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
In my opinion because the defender was all over him and actually had his arm in with the ball and still couldn't break up the catch.

There have been many 1 handed catches and Beckham's was very very good, but all the very good receivers have done this. I have seen many.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In my opinion because the defender was all over him and actually had his arm in with the ball and still couldn't break up the catch.

There have been many 1 handed catches and Beckham's was very very good, but all the very good receivers have done this. I have seen many. >>

We have also seen many WR's catch the ball while defenders are doing chin ups on their arms, great catch by Smith but not as good as Beckams in my opinion image
  • Options
    Both catches were GREAT. I guess to me it would be easier to make a one handed catch with no one on you that to make a catch like Smith just caught.

I just amazes me at the catches these guys make and then hold onto when hit by a moving truck!!!!

Just amazing!!!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackie Smith made a great catch in the Super Bowl for a TD...oh wait, nevermind..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Jackie Smith......what can I say....that BUM dropped a ball that I could have caught.....REALLY!!!!

No one was even around him!!!! WHAT A BUM!!!!!!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Jackie Smith may be a bum, but at least he's not a sign-throwing thug
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    I wont take anything away from Beckham's catch because it was nothing short of ridiculous. My only complaint was the pass interference call on Carr. if you watch the replay, you can clearly see that Beckham's left arm yanked Carr's right arm just before the ball reached him. I think the refs were too mesmerized by the catch to even remember what had just happened.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wont take anything away from Beckham's catch because it was nothing short of ridiculous. My only complaint was the pass interference call on Carr. if you watch the replay, you can clearly see that Beckham's left arm yanked Carr's right arm just before the ball reached him. I think the refs were too mesmerized by the catch to even remember what had just happened. >>

I'm pretty sure they made the call because Carr was tugging on Beckham's jersey.