Home Sports Talk

Greencrow?

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure why it took me so long to realize this, but the master of ceremonies has been conspicuously absent. So I conducted a quick test. To my complete amazement, he has been jettisoned. Normally you can see these things coming, but this one really perplexes me. Perhaps someone(s) grew tired of the b-day antics, but if so, why now? As far as these eyes can tell, he had been doing so for many, many years.

Spoke to him in private a couple of times, and he seemed like good people.

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Seems unusual to be bounced for noting athletes birthdays.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What in the world could get you banned giving Birthday greetings......that's all he ever did that I saw.image
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say it ain't so.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭
    Why do you think he was banned? Maybe he cancelled his account? Too bad. I always enjoyed whatever random old thread he rekindled for birthday wishes.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why do you think he was banned? Maybe he cancelled his account? Too bad. I always enjoyed whatever random old thread he rekindled for birthday wishes. >>

Not sure about this one, but bumping an old thread for no good reason might get you kicked off of some message boards.

This is from another message board...
    "Warning! This thread is more than 120 days old. It's likely that no further discussion is required in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is appropriate you are welcome to do so. Be aware that if you are just replying to annoy people with a nonsense reply, it will be considered vandalism to the site and you will be dealt with accordingly."
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why do you think he was banned? Maybe he cancelled his account? Too bad. I always enjoyed whatever random old thread he rekindled for birthday wishes. >>

Not sure about this one, but bumping an old thread for no good reason might get you kicked off of some message boards.

This is from another message board...
    "Warning! This thread is more than 120 days old. It's likely that no further discussion is required in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is appropriate you are welcome to do so. Be aware that if you are just replying to annoy people with a nonsense reply, it will be considered vandalism to the site and you will be dealt with accordingly." >>

I think this is the reason.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I have been wondering what happened to him. That really sucks. Seems like revitalizing a discussion of an athlete on his birthday would be relevant in a sports forum. Sometimes they would fall flat, but sometimes new people joined in and added their take. It also never bumped posts off the front page.

I'd be interested if anyone is somehow able to confirm it's the reason he's gone.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15

<< <i>Wow, I have been wondering what happened to him. That really sucks. Seems like revitalizing a discussion of an athlete on his birthday would be relevant in a sports forum. Sometimes they would fall flat, but sometimes new people joined in and added their take. It also never bumped posts off the front page.

I'd be interested if anyone is somehow able to confirm it's the reason he's gone. >>

I agree. Some of the old or random conversations that were rekindled was really fun. I bet he left on his own.
    Plus there are only so many people posting here so we can't afford to lose anybody!
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Plus there are only so many people posting here so we can't afford to lose anybody! >>

True. This is a nice forum and could use a few new faces.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems like revitalizing a discussion of an athlete on his birthday would be relevant in a sports forum. >>

I think anyone that cares about an athlete's birthday already knows when it is.

<< <i>It also never bumped posts off the front page. >>

Wouldn't it always bump a thread to the 2nd page??
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never noticed anything malicious or antagonistic in his posts. I hope the authorities here didn't overreact.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It also never bumped posts off the front page. >>

Wouldn't it always bump a thread to the 2nd page?? >>

Yeah, I could have done better explaining that.

I meant anything active. As I type this on Oct 31st, the final thread on page 1 is from Oct 20th. So there's no harm done bumping a thread that hasn't been touched in 11 days. If it were a busy forum and there were threads from today on page 2, then there is more to consider.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    He wished me a happy birthday this year...reinstate Greencrow!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an email addy for Greenie by virtue of him winning my Masters contest this past April, so I gave it a stab. He replied. Without going into specifics, his banishment was warranted. Not related to the myriad b-day bumpages.