Home Sports Talk

FACT!!!! If you play bad enough even a CRAP team can beat you!!!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is painful to watch!!!

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just got a lot more painful...wait till you see how bad the Pokes become with Weeden at the helm..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grote - I wasn't blaming Romo. It's all the stupid defense calls. They put everybody up on the line...yet get no sacks.....but do get burned down field!!!

No way this should even be close....we are giving this game away!!!!image
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Colt McCoy! Who knew?
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weeden did well. 10 points.

It was a trap game. Washington had nothing to lose, played loose and played well.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Totally embarrassing..........getting beat by a crap team with a 3rd string QB!!!!

How are we going to play the Eagles???????

It's going to be a long season. I don't know why I let myself get all pumped up thinking we were good....when we are not!
    It's just one game, DM, and they are still in 1st place. The true test will be how they respond from this loss and bounce back vs Philly who is coming off their own tough loss. Don't turn into WTCG now!! LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    >>> Don't turn into WTCG now!! LOL! <<<

I think I am just being realistic!image
  • TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    The one bright spot was Murray and the offensive line. Murray 19 carries for 141 yards. Jackson beat defenders for big plays 6 catches for 136 yards. McCoy faced only minor pressure from the front four and used his legs well to both throw and run for first downs. McCoy was 25 for 30 throwing the ball for 299 yards and that should not happen against a good defense. This means the Cowboy weren't getting pressure rushing 4 and needed to bring a 5th and sometimes 6th guy on occasion to get McCoy unsettled. McCoy looked too comfortable back there. Romo turned his back to the line of scrimmage when faced with pressure instead of throwing the ball away and it resulted in 5 sacks. Romo also missed an important throw high to Witten and didn't take advantage of those 3rd and 5 plays when the defender is playing 8 yards off the ball. Romo needs to do a better job with ball security after seeing Randle lose the ball with a helmet on ball hit and Murray getting it stripped fighting for extra yards. Also someone needs to remind Sterling Moore that when the receiver extends his hands for the ball, put your hand between his and break up the play. Moore could have prevented that long pass to Jackson if he would have just read the receiver. I thought Justin Durant had a nice game and McClain played well except for that open field wiff on the screen route which he read beautifully. Zack Martin made a couple of real nice 2nd level blocks. I thought Weeden threw the ball alright but you just can't hand the ball up high and expect the running back to get it cleanly. Overall Dallas played like a 3.5 out of 10 and they needed to play an average game to win.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

There was bound to be some regression on the defensive side of the ball for Dallas. For the most part, they have been overachieving this season~this is essentially the same group that was one of the worst Ds in NFL history last season, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out for them in the second half. At this point, they are on pace for 12-4, but something tells me that is a bit lofty a pace for them to maintain.

I look at this game yesterday like a market correction, which is a good thing.
    Dallas may have been a little overvalued and are now going to be viewed correctly.

I think this loss will serve Dallas well in the long run.
    Too bad it was an NFC East team though.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

TennisCoach summed it up pretty good.......especially Murray fighting for extra yards and being stripped. There is a time to fight for extra yards and a time to just go down. He had a long gain...the 1st down...and on the 15 yard line......this was a time to go down!!! Good grief!!!
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The one bright spot was Murray and the offensive line. Murray 19 carries for 141 yards. Jackson beat defenders for big plays 6 catches for 136 yards. McCoy faced only minor pressure from the front four and used his legs well to both throw and run for first downs. McCoy was 25 for 30 throwing the ball for 299 yards and that should not happen against a good defense. This means the Cowboy weren't getting pressure rushing 4 and needed to bring a 5th and sometimes 6th guy on occasion to get McCoy unsettled. McCoy looked too comfortable back there. Romo turned his back to the line of scrimmage when faced with pressure instead of throwing the ball away and it resulted in 5 sacks. Romo also missed an important throw high to Witten and didn't take advantage of those 3rd and 5 plays when the defender is playing 8 yards off the ball. Romo needs to do a better job with ball security after seeing Randle lose the ball with a helmet on ball hit and Murray getting it stripped fighting for extra yards. Also someone needs to remind Sterling Moore that when the receiver extends his hands for the ball, put your hand between his and break up the play. Moore could have prevented that long pass to Jackson if he would have just read the receiver. I thought Justin Durant had a nice game and McClain played well except for that open field wiff on the screen route which he read beautifully. Zack Martin made a couple of real nice 2nd level blocks. I thought Weeden threw the ball alright but you just can't hand the ball up high and expect the running back to get it cleanly. Overall Dallas played like a 3.5 out of 10 and they needed to play an average game to win. >>

I agree with most of this.

I think the Cowboys weren't ready for a mobile Colt McCoy. Pressure got to Colt several times, but he was quick enough to get out of the pressure and run for a small gain or dump the ball out. If this was Cousins, or any other stationary QB I think the Cowboys would've had 3 or 4 more sacks.

The defensive front for Dallas didn't play all that bad - they held Morris to 70 yards and they forced McCoy out of the pocket several times. It wasn't a stellar performance, but they did what they needed to. The biggest issue on defense was the inability to cover DeSean Jackson. There were at least FOUR underthrown passes to him, three of which would have gone for huge gains or touchdowns. Really the Cowboys are lucky it wasn't a blow out.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Nothing like the raw emotion of a die hard football fan.

• lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Come on Dimeman don't let the "fair weather" be your guide. It is 1 loss and not that bad for many reasons. Murray still looks like the only one that could stop him is the idiot, Garrett. Our backup looked very good if needed in the future, several points left off the board (murray's fumble and Dez in the endzone), DL is starting toget pressure, so many missed tackles that we normally make, some great plays by a QB we've never faced. All that adds up to a loss. But we weren't beaten badly at all. I know we lost Durant (huge) but we are getting back some very good defensive players. They needed a humbling loss to refocus and energize themselves. We are going to be fine .
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having no horse in this race it was a fun game to watch

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Come on Dimeman don't let the "fair weather" be your guide. It is 1 loss and not that bad for many reasons. Murray still looks like the only one that could stop him is the idiot, Garrett. Our backup looked very good if needed in the future, several points left off the board (murray's fumble and Dez in the endzone), DL is starting toget pressure, so many missed tackles that we normally make, some great plays by a QB we've never faced. All that adds up to a loss. But we weren't beaten badly at all. I know we lost Durant (huge) but we are getting back some very good defensive players. They needed a humbling loss to refocus and energize themselves. We are going to be fine . >>

The Cowboys needed a loss like this to remind them that they really haven't done anything yet. Even the coaches struggled as the play calling and schemes looked poor against the Redskins offense and defense with Cowboys appearing somewhat unprepared. As was pointed out in previous posts there were a lot of missed tackles, dropped balls, poor passes, and missed blocks. And I have no idea why they struggled so much with the blitz pick-up!lol They have a lot to work on in a short week but I am glad it is a team like the Cards that is playing well and will bring the pressure again because the pass protection (or blitz awareness) needs addressed.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
    dfr52 hit on something that had to been mentioned yet.....coaching. Had Tom Landry or any other good coach been in place here there would have been major half time adjustments made in this game.

But we really don't have a head coach....literly!!! Jason was not a good QB and you can't even describe how horrible he is a HC. You might as well have Obama standing there. He is worse than the worse!
    The coaching during the game observation is a good one.

While we were getting constantly blitzed and sacked, I distinctly remember thinking that we were getting out coached.
    Dallas should have been able to take advantage of the blitzes and burned them a few times to force Washington to adjust.