Home Sports Talk
Options

Royals Win!!

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    They get lots of credit for their aggressive play in the late innings and for never giving up. Can't say the same about the A's.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that was a ballgame! Wow!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a terrific game~now the fickle CA fans can go back to whining about the Niners..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Next season in the AL West it'll be between the Angels and Mariners. A's management bet the farm and lost. Cespedes is gone, Lackey's gone, Shark's likely gone. Next season it'll be the AAA's all over again.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Next season in the AL West it'll be between the Angels and Mariners. A's management bet the farm and lost. Cespedes is gone, Lackey's gone, Shark's likely gone. Next season it'll be the AAA's all over again. >>

Time to start blasting the Niners, WTCG...A's are done. Oh wait, they won last week. Maybe this week they will lose for you..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Next season in the AL West it'll be between the Angels and Mariners. A's management bet the farm and lost. Cespedes is gone, Lackey's gone, Shark's likely gone. Next season it'll be the AAA's all over again. >>

Time to start blasting the Niners, WTCG...A's are done. Oh wait, they won last week. Maybe this week they will lose for you.. >>

SF Giants are available for tomorrow!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know if this day would ever arrive again.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to KC fans. Great win!
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now that was a ballgame! Wow! >>

Sure was. Caught the late and extended innings. No dog in the fight but that was old time baseball.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Kept up with it on Gamecast on my phone, and I even THAT was exciting!

Congrats to KC, glad they finally get back to the real post season after all these years! Is this the end of Billy Beane in Oakland?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    see George react in the press box? now there's a happy guy. hope he didn't crap his pants.
  • Options
    Billy Beane will still be around. Not many general managers could turn the bottom of the barrel cheapskate A's into a good looking team for part of the season. He could make plastic jewelry look like gold at least for a short term basis. Most anybody else running the team with the resources he has the A's would be a consistent 120 game loser every season. The ownership doesn't care because he thinks moving the team to San Jose will magically make the team the most popular team in the country.

After he signs his free agent contract John Lester will probably make more per year than the entire A's combined payroll.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Again!
    Series 1-0 KC

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Royals pitchers keep the ball in the park they have a chance with the outfield that they have. 4 great catches tonight.image
  • Options
    In this series I believe most of the country will be cheering for the Royals.
  • Options
  • Options
    Again,

• Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Let's Go Royals!!!
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the Royals! I was even debating trying to watch the game tomorrow, but Chiefs play
    the 3:00 roundimage Gotta keep them priorities straightimage

Maybe if the Chiefs dont get completly blown out and I am not drowning my sorrows, I can catch
    part of itimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

<< <i>see George react in the press box? now there's a happy guy. >>

I enjoyed watching that as well. I am happy for him. Congratulations to the Kansas City Royals and their fans. This is very exciting.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

<< <i>In this series I believe most of the country will be cheering for the Royals. >>

I absolutely agree.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    They pulled it out again!! I guess the Angels go home and the Royals play Baltimore.

Congrats Royals. Gonna drink a image in their honor! (of course, im gonna drink a image regardlessimage )
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Royals! Playing great baseball at the right time.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    And the Royals only stolen bases of the night issssssssssssssss? Billy Butler. You have to love it.image
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    The way the Royals are built they resemble really good National league teams from years past. Good Starting pitching, strong arms out of the bull pen, Excellent base running and defense, don't hit a lot of home runs, and will steal bases like mad if you don't hold runners on.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    Amazing!
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still kinda surprised, I had the Angels pegged to go all the way. Apparently they are going all the way....back to Anaheim.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I love that KC made it to the ALCS, and hope they take care of Baltimore- for no other reason than the fans could use a pick me up!

The fact that they swept away the LaLaLa Angels makes it better. Gotta love how the Angels' big bats kept 'em in the series though image
  • Options
    Another extra inning win.image and on two homeruns. Go Royals.image
  • Options
    Is it safe to assume that if a ball club wants to beat the Royals, they better do it in 9 inningsimage

I have had 0 interest in baseball for years, but these past few weeks I check just every little bit as to whats
    up with the Royals and Cardinals. Crud, I think im becoming a bandwagon fan image
  • Options
    Last night, prior to the game, the experts on MLB Network were saying that in order for the Kansas City Royals to win the ALCS, they will need to do something that they do not typically do. They will need to hit home runs. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Moustakas makes two bad plays at third base that allow the O's to come back, then hits a two run homer in the 10th to provide the winning margin. I love it when a guy goes from goat to hero, great game!
  • Options
    Incredible!
  • Options
    Moose hits a HR and then bunts Gore to second in the ninth who then scores on a double. Cain had an unreal game on offense and defense.image
  • Options
    Royals win again. This time Moose makes a great foul ball catch in the high priced fan dugout.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see the Royals winning. Small market team and all that. Good luck going all the way! Would be a great story.
  • Options
    ROYALS WIN in 4image I won't get to use my game #5 tickets if necessary. I am not upset about that in any way. image
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ROYALS WIN in 4image I won't get to use my game #5 tickets if necessary. I am not upset about that in any way. image >>

The game you want to be at (if the Royals win four more) is the Kauffman 2015 opener.
  • Options
    Congratulations Kansas City Royals fans. This is undoubtedly great for the sport of baseball. Good luck in the World Series. I will certainly be rooting for your team to win. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congratulations Kansas City Royals fans. This is undoubtedly great for the sport of baseball. Good luck in the World Series. I will certainly be rooting for your team to win. image >>

Same here! image
  • Options
    Royals did not look good tonight. Hunter did.
  • Options
    Good luck tonight Kansas City Royals fans.
  • Options
    Great game.
  • Options
    Giants are probably hoping that tonight's game is a rainout. Then they could pitch MadBum for Game #4.
  • Options

<< <i>Giants are probably hoping that tonight's game is a rainout. Then they could pitch MadBum for Game #4. >>

I agree.
  • Options
    Blue skies.
  • Options
    I spoke too soon. Now it is raining.