Options

Greatest College Football Stadium

1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Big House - Michigan

Honorable Mention - Too many to mention

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed some games at Neyland which is pretty great. SEC football is #1. I haven't been to the Big House though so can't compare.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have to vote for the Rose Bowl. There are just too many terrific stadiums to name one or even 15

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Rose bowl gets my vote. Beautiful just beautiful.

Honorable mention: Happy Valley

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Michie Stadium.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    The interesting thing with this is the atmosphere vs. actual stadium as so much of the college stadium IS the atmosphere taking place within it. Obviously for tradition rich programs they usually have both to a certain extent. I've never been to the Big House but I've read that it can be the quietest you could ever expect 110k+ to be. Compare that to a place such as Autzen that has half as many people and is one of the loudest stadiums in the country, and thanks to Nike likely one of the nicest amenity wise as well. edit: Loud doesn't equal atmosphere as 'Hail to the Victors' and all that is great, but it is a big part of it. Also not picking on Michigan, just using it as an example since it was brought up. image

I really would like to see the Rose Bowl. I kick myself for not going to the title game last year...

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Love the Big House but nothing like enjoying a night game in late October, wearing a T shirt and shorts at Arizona Stadium!!
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Beaver Stadium.

110,000+ fans wearing nothing but white in Happy Valley, PA. What's not to like image
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Big House - Michigan

J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaver stadium

It's amazing how quiet the big house is compared to beaver stadium, with the same amount of people.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the reason I selected the Rose bowl is due to the historical games that have been played there. The goal that so many have as College players is to play there on New Year's Day.

I believe UCLA moved from the Coliseum to the Rose Bowl in the 1980s- perhaps around 1984 or 1985.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Night game in Baton Rouge after the Cajuns have been drinking all day. For tailgating, I'll take The Grove at Ole Miss and give you the field.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    The goal that so many have as College players is to play there on New Year's Day.

Maybe in Big Ten or Pac 12 country. The rest of the nation does not really care about the Rose Bowl.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The goal that so many have as College players is to play there on New Year's Day.

Maybe in Big Ten or Pac 12 country. The rest of the nation does not really care about the Rose Bowl. >>

Maybe not, but regardless its still one of the best stadiums.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Not the greatest, but I'll throw the Rosewood Bowl in for prettiest. These pics don't do this stadium justice and the view of the ocean is steps away. Then they take the field and that's not pretty at all. Plus no one goes, but it's sad no one knows this place exists.

Redwoods + Ocean = awsesome
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a game in Nebraska some day.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Between the Hedges at Sanford Stadium
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).