Home Sports Talk

Fantasy Football Line-Up Help Thread

Hoping to get opinions on who start in my fantasy league....feel free to share your struggles with lineups too

We start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, and a flex.

I'm starting Andre Ellington, Rashad Jennings, Calvin Johnson, and Brandon Marshall in the two RB and WR spots.

I have Fred Jackson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Torry Smith, Justin Hunter, and Markus Wheaton to fill the last WR spot and a flex. Help???

My league is NOT PPR but receiving touchdowns OVER 50 yards are doubled (12 points instead of 6).

I LOVED the role Wheaton had in week 1, and am leaning towards him. But I thought I read that divisional games played on Thursday nights are some of the lowest scoring games. So I'm concerned about playing Wheaton and Smith, and nothing irks me more than playing guys on Thursday that end up tanking.

Thoughts??

Comments

• JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I would go Fred Jackson and Markus Wheaton.

Fred Jackson is a pretty safe option and Wheaton has good upside.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    If you want to gamble for this week, you could try Torrey Smith. He's basically a homerun hitter, it's all or nothing. He may give you 8 catches for 120 yds and 2 TDs, or he could give you 4/45/0. Might be worth the gamble since you say receiving TDs > 50 yds give you 12 points each, plus they are in prime time vs their biggest rival. They also have added desire to get a win and have people talk about something besides the Ray Rice debacle.

Best of luck!
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input. Wheaton had 6 catches on 7 targets and 90+ yards last week, I think he'll be good this week and the rest of the year.

Joe Flacco has hinted this week that he's not concerned with game Torry Smith had, and he may be looking to rectify that tonight. Steve Smith Sr had the big game on the stat line, but it was aided by the 80 TD at the end of the game and he didn't do much otherwise. I like Smith too.

The intriguing guy to me is Justin Hunter, who did have 60+ yards in week one and has a home game against Dallas and their "tough" defense this week. Jake Locker looked okay last week too.

And I have a feeling I'll be playing Ahmad Bradshaw every week soon too, or as soon as the Colts figure out Richardson stinks.

Decisions, decisions.
    Yep, I'd hang onto Bradshaw, at least on your bench. The Colts are going to wise up eventually.
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Wheaton and Hunter. Have them on all three of my teams.
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    I need more time to give you my analysis, but my initial findings are :
    Out of those 3 WR's , Wheaton has the toughest matchup. I would
    also eliminate Bradshaw who has an injury lingering. It's a process
    of elimination, I would eliminate Wheaton and Bradshaw for now....

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • It's too late now, but Torrey would have been one I would have started.

I started Wheaton and sat Torrey, will make a decision between Jackson and Hunter on Sunday.

Enjoy watching Torrey's 7/168/2 game.

Thanks for all your advice

Shawn
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I started Wheaton and sat Torrey, will make a decision between Jackson and Hunter on Sunday.

Enjoy watching Torrey's 7/168/2 game.

Thanks for all your advice

Shawn >>

You made the right call. image

Now focus on fantasy baseball playoffs, will ya, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>Now focus on fantasy baseball playoffs, will ya, LOL.. >>

Trust me, I was trying, but your boys are having a great week!!
    Torrey Smith had one of his usual disappearing acts yesterday. I have Markus Wheaton, but I also have Dez, Roddy, and Cruz. I may try to move Cruz for RB help and promote Wheaton.

I have Andre Ellington and Danny Woodhead as my RB1 and RB2, in a 12-team PPR league. My bench guys are Forsett of BAL (I played him over Woodhead this week, hope that works out) and Dwyer of ARI, only as a handcuff for the gimpy Ellington.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting Andy Dalton over Jay Cutler this week, any of you guys got a solid reason for talking me out of this or is it a good decision?

I sat Wheaton and Pierce last night, Im starting Andre Ellington and St Louis WR Quick
    I would start Dalton over Cutler too. The Bear receivers are banged up, plus ATL is
    a better matchup for Dalton (as opposed to Cutler vs SF) I got torched by M Ryan in
    week one. If he does the same in week 2, Dalton willl have to throw plenty.

Dalton is too inconsisent for my liking. He may come up big but usually not. Cutler almost always seems to get his 300 yds and 2 TDs minimum.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>Starting Andy Dalton over Jay Cutler this week, any of you guys got a solid reason for talking me out of this or is it a good decision?

I sat Wheaton and Pierce last night, Im starting Andre Ellington and St Louis WR Quick >>

I generally think Cutler is a better fantasy QB than Dalton. But, good point was made that CHI's receivers are battling injuries. Plus, CHI is on the road in a primetime game against a decent Niner defense. Cincy is at home for a 1:00 game vs Atlanta. I would take my chances with Dalton, at least this week.
    Only 3 quarterbacks have thrown at least 60 TD passes the last two years, and Dalton is one of them. He's been a playoff bust but that doesn't matter in fantasy. Throw in the home matchup against an Atlanta team that gave up 30+ last week, and I think it's a good play. Cutler threw two terrible picks last week and Jeffrey and Marshall are both questionable.

Of course, when I have every reason to play one player over the other, it usually works out just the opposite. Often times, sound reasoning and decision making go out the window in fantasy football. Good luck.
    Wish I started Cutler image

<< <i>Wish I started Cutler image >>

I tried to warn you, Paulie, LOL..

My turn:

I'm in a 12-team PPR league, passing TDs give 6 points. I have Tom Brady and Ben Rothlisberger and neither has lit the world on fire so far. I'm second in line with waivers this week so I may have a shot to get Kirk Cousins. Would you consider dropping either Brady or Rothlisberger to ride the Cousins wave for a while? In theory, I could try to keep all three and let some schmoe RB or WR get dropped from my bench. But, I don't normally keep 3 QBs on my roster.
    I'd have zero problem dropping either one and riding the Cousins train while it's hot. I actually think I would keep Roethlisberger. The Patriot offense seems to be evolving into something different.

<< <i>

<< <i>Wish I started Cutler image >>

I tried to warn you, Paulie, LOL.. >>

Ok Tim, lessons learned image

Now lets talk Running Backs. Who do I start this week... Monte Ball, Andre Ellington, Bernard Pierce, or CJ Spiller??? I can pick 3 running backs ( 1 Flex ) and use Demaryous Thomas, and Brian Quick to round out my skill position players. Or I can do 2 RB's and 3 WR's I got Wheaton and Robinson ( Jax )

Ball playing Seattle
    Ellington playing SF
    Pierce at Cleveland
    Spiller at SD
    So seeings how Pitta got hurt I did pick up...........

Donnell image
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I picked him up as well as a bye week replacement for Julius Thomas. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
    My dilemma this week is Kapernick vs PHI or Big Ben vs TB. Both have excellent matchups.

<< <i>My dilemma this week is Kapernick vs PHI or Big Ben vs TB. Both have excellent matchups. >>

Pitt should dominate that game and pound the rock in the 2nd half, so I'd go with Kap.

<< <i>

<< <i>My dilemma this week is Kapernick vs PHI or Big Ben vs TB. Both have excellent matchups. >>

Pitt should dominate that game and pound the rock in the 2nd half, so I'd go with Kap. >>

I agree, the SF/PHI game should be a high scoring shoot out.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

The prudent decision would be to start Kap, if for no other reason than I have Big Ben going tomorrow. You always, always want to steer clear of what I do.
    Ok, Kap it is!

week 5 - Gates vs NYJ or Kelce vs SF...Gates has the better matchup, but every time I
    start him, he does minimal, and every time I bench Gates he does outstanding. I'm bound
    to get lucky one day.

Also need to make a choice at RB....West vs TN or Hill vs NE. Matchup advantage is with Hill.

<< <i>Also need to make a choice at RB....West vs TN or Hill vs NE. Matchup advantage is with Hill. >>

Ok here is what I got...

I would start West so do the EXACT opposite of what I do image
    Don't feel bad Paul...I've been making many wrong choices this year too. image

I like West better too.

As far as tight end, or any receiver for that matter, I'm starting to lean against what is considered the "better matchup". Give me the receiver or qb on the team that is expected to lose, and the running back on the team expected to win.

I would think the Jets lose big in SD and not needing to do much in the 2nd half, while Kelce is in a battle on the road in SF, catching balls the whole game.

But like the rest of you, doing the opposite of what I think might work well too.
    Is it safe to drop AP yet?

<< <i>Is it safe to drop AP yet?

image >>

I feel for you Tim if he was your first rounder, that being said I picked up that McKinnon guy today, what a monster game he had on Sunday.

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it safe to drop AP yet?

image >>

I feel for you Tim if he was your first rounder, that being said I picked up that McKinnon guy today, what a monster game he had on Sunday. >>

I actually did pick him up a couple weeks ago but of course left him on the bench in the league in which I drafted AP, choosing to instead start the immortal Chris Johnson, LOL..Needless to say, CJ2K has now been benched.

Megatron is officially killing me. The only thing worse than sitting out is being active and then not playing.
    Well D Thomas finally paid some dividends yesterday, helped get me a W and a $100 for high of the week image

And in another note next weeks opponent owns Calvin Johnson image
    Just rest the guy already. Seems idiotic to have him out there just as a decoy. Especially since the other team now realizes it and you are exposing him to further injury.

Calvin scored two touchdowns the first quarter of game one, and hasn't done much else in the 19 quarters of football since. He's officially on my bench until I see something on the field.

I was able to overcome the Megatron disaster in our CU league this weekend, putting a thumping on the last undefeated team in our league!! That put me at 3-2 for the year, which is the number of wins yahoo predicted I'd have all year.

In my home league, however, Megatron has killed me. Ugh.

Shawn
    week 6- GB @ MIA or ARZ vs WAS @ ARZ

<< <i>week 6- GB @ MIA or ARZ vs WAS @ ARZ >>

Wait a minute, aren't we playing this week? image

If not, I'd take the home team.

<< <i> I was able to overcome the Megatron disaster in our CU league this weekend, putting a thumping on the last undefeated team in our league!! That put me at 3-2 for the year, which is the number of wins yahoo predicted I'd have all year.

Shawn >>

So much for that. They made a stat correction, gave my opponent an extra point, which cost me the victory. image
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> I was able to overcome the Megatron disaster in our CU league this weekend, putting a thumping on the last undefeated team in our league!! That put me at 3-2 for the year, which is the number of wins yahoo predicted I'd have all year.

Shawn >>

So much for that. They made a stat correction, gave my opponent an extra point, which cost me the victory. image >>

I say thank you although it cost me a loss in another league.....we had tied.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    Need a guy in my flex position......Most points this week in a league that is NOT PPR.... Fred Jackson (coming in with an ankle issue) or Jordan Reed (returning for the first time since week 1)?
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Tom Brady. You seem to be finally playing to your Fantasy Football potential. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
    I was ready to roll with Kendall Wright in week 8. Now, Whisenhut decides to put Locker on the bench,
    and start Zack Metzenburger (sp)? Who the heck is Zack Mettzenburger? What happened to Whitehurst?
    How much will this change effect the Titan receivers? I'm thinking it will have a big negative impact.
    GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Titans season is over so they are going to see what they have.

I might start Kaepernick over Big Ben this week. My thinking is that PIT will jump to a big lead,
    and pound the ball...and SF will trail early, forcing Kap to throw. The smoking bros (Bell and
    Blount) might have big games.

<< <i>I might start Kaepernick over Big Ben this week. My thinking is that PIT will jump to a big lead,
    and pound the ball...and SF will trail early, forcing Kap to throw. The smoking bros (Bell and
    Blount) might have big games. >>

OMG how could you possibly sit Big Ben! He is throwing TDs like its nobodys bussiness!