Home Sports Talk

2014 SUPER BOWL CHAMP PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well its just about time for the Pats so I am starting my anual thread, this season should be fun with Gronk back and our new look Defense.

Go Pats!!! image

Comments

• MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I grew up in Western Connecticut as a fan of both the New York Yankees and the New England Patriots. Many people find that hard to believe these days, particularly in New York. They would not have found it hard to believe back in the 1980s though. I suffered through that decade when I was young.

I feel pretty confident about Tom Brady having much better chemistry with his new set of wide receivers this season. Last year produced some growing pains. Hopefully this year will produce some touchdowns. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let me be the first to say that Ridley sucks...in anticipation of his first lost fumble of the year.

Be great if Gronkowski plays every game
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>let me be the first to say that Ridley sucks...in anticipation of his first lost fumble of the year.

Be great if Gronkowski plays every game >>

Thats the thing, Ridley doesnt suck except that he cannot be trusted to hang on to the football he is a talented runner and thats why the Pats havnt cut him yet, someone in the division would scoop him up in a heartbeat.

I was suprised we didnt trade him to an NFC team
    I am not a big fan of Stevan Ridley. As a matter of fact, I have not been a big fan of any of the New England Patriots running backs since Corey Dillon. Even Laurence Maroney turned out to be a tremendous disappointment.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."

<< <i>I am not a big fan of Stevan Ridley. As a matter of fact, I have not been a big fan of any of the New England Patriots running backs since Corey Dillon. Even Laurence Maroney turned out to be a tremendous disappointment. >>

The problem is that they dont invest heavily in any Running Back, they havnt since Dillon. That being said, I do like Shane Vereen as a multi role runner, its going to be a committe approach regardless.
    the "Law Firm" is available
    I was just watching the NFL Network, and the experts were predicting Tom Brady and the New England Patriots to have a very successful season. I have to admit, I was a little surprised to hear how confident they sounded, particularly about Tom Brady's projected numbers. Let's hope that they knew what they were talking about.
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 wins 4 loses - lose to the 49's in super bowl...
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    The 49er part is a joke right?

<< <i>The 49er part is a joke right? >>

Was just trying to come up with another team instead of picking the Seahawks.
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if the Patriots were that bad or the Dolphins were that good.

Brady was under pressure all day and could not do anything in the 2nd half.

He better shave that beard, it looks stupid anyway.

<< <i>I don't know if the Patriots were that bad or the Dolphins were that good.

Brady was under pressure all day and could not do anything in the 2nd half.

He better shave that beard, it looks stupid anyway. >>

Agreed, the Pats played awful in the 2nd half.

Hopefully it was just a bad game, I seriously have/had high hopes for this Season!
    Patriots forgot that preseason was over
    I don't know, I did not renew my NFL package this year because I end up getting to see most of the Patriots games out here anyway so why pay the price if they are not going to have a good team.
    Come on spring training!
  • I love it when the patriots take a beating. Brady must have had a fit after the game.
    Pats looked very tentative almost as if they were unprepared for the fins. I don't think it was a good day today for the coaching staff. My guess is next week we will see a better prepared offense and defense, IN Bill We Trust.

<< <i>I love it when the patriots take a beating. Brady must have had a fit after the game. >>

Nah he just caressed the 3 Super Bowl trophys he has, no big deal image
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>><< I love it when the patriots take a beating. Brady must have had a fit after the game. >>

Nah he just caressed the 3 Super Bowl trophys he has, no big deal <<<

Don't ya luv it.......I know I do!image
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady had the Brady face halfway through the third quarter. Belichick won't let Ridley run the ball, which (once again) was exactly what was needed.

By the way, Ridley's fumble percentage was better than Blount's or Vereen's last year (or sproles, tate, bush, JBell, Gerhardt...). Not good, but not bad enough to waste a talent.
    Mike
    Bosox1976

<< <i>Brady had the Brady face halfway through the third quarter. Belichick won't let Ridley run the ball, which (once again) was exactly what was needed.

By the way, Ridley's fumble percentage was better than Blount's or Vereen's last year (or sproles, tate, bush, JBell, Gerhardt...). Not good, but not bad enough to waste a talent. >>

Speaking of Bradys face, Im reading that he shaved that stupid beard off.

I dont blame Bellichek for not trusting Ridley, as far as your percentages point didnt Ridley have far more carries then those guys?
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - but fumble percentage is # of fumbles divided by # of touches, so that is taken into account.

Glad about the beard. image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    He keeps throwing like he did the other day he may need that beard so no one will recognize him.
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>let me be the first to say that Ridley sucks...in anticipation of his first lost fumble of the year. >>

I take it you don't mean Ridley from the Metroid games right? image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars

<< <i>

<< <i>let me be the first to say that Ridley sucks...in anticipation of his first lost fumble of the year. >>

I take it you don't mean Ridley from the Metroid games right? image >>

had to look that one up! That Ridley looks like he could get a better grip on the ball and fly through defenses. We'll take him in the backfield in NE!
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>>>><< I love it when the patriots take a beating. Brady must have had a fit after the game. >>

Nah he just caressed the 3 Super Bowl trophys he has, no big deal <<<

Don't ya luv it.......I know I do!image >>

He should have at least four...what a waste that 2007 "undefeated" season was... image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
    GO PATS!!!

Outstanding game today, granted it was against the Vikes but we will take it image
    something to build on. The penalties would have killed them against a more competitive team

<< <i>Outstanding game today, granted it was against the Vikes but we will take it >>

One thing about living in New Mexico is I don't need the NFL package as most of the Patriots games are free on tv anyway.
    Barely getting by the hapless Raiders?

Really???????????????????????

Eh either way I will take the W image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A win is a win, but that was not a confidence inspiring performance.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Now that I "get to" watch Revis, I'm sure he has been vastly overrated
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    This team is not going anywhere this year. The offense is horrible and so is the defense. This is the worst team since '02 in my opinion.
    Maybe they'll turn it around tonight or pretty soon, though it seems it is soon going to be time to learn how to spell Garoppolo image
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    And another thing, Revis Island has been looking more like Gilligan's Island. Can somebody remind him that he's not a Jet any more?
  • Has Bellychick or Brady actually won anything since they stole super bowls from deserving teams after the cheat film scandal ? Should be the ' Lance Armstrong Patriots '
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Has Brady ever sat out in Q4 like tonight???

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    No protection, non mobile quarterback= Disaster.
    I could only watch the first quarter of that game. They suck, pure and simple.
    when do the Bruins start? image
    What a disaster.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm so aggravated at these bums. How many times has Brady restructured or left money on the table thinking they would spend the money on improving the team? Instead they just pocket the cash , he should just get out of there and finish with another team.

<< <i>OMG that Bellychick interview after that game. OMG You could just tell he was realizing he stole Super Bowls from deserving teams and that POS is finally busted at it.

The 'Lance Armstrong Patriots' >>

Dude you sound like a complete idiot, please be quiet and let the adults discuss the Patriots in this thread.

<< <i>I'm so aggravated at these bums. How many times has Brady restructured or left money on the table thinking they would spend the money on improving the team? Instead they just pocket the cash , he should just get out of there and finish with another team. >>

Bob Kraft and Bill Belichek are the sole reason why the Patriots have imploded and have not been able to get another Super Bowl Win, Kraft is so freaking cheap, and Belichek is one of the worst GM/Coaches, he makes decisions on his false sense of "Im smarter than everyone else"

As much as I love the Patriots they have been nothing but an aggrevation since the 2007 Season, just think about how well we might have done if we actually got Brady some Receivers and spent money on DB's over the last 6 years!

Its a complete shame and I hold Bob Kraft the most responsible and BB a hair below him.
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm so aggravated at these bums. How many times has Brady restructured or left money on the table thinking they would spend the money on improving the team? Instead they just pocket the cash , he should just get out of there and finish with another team. >>

I'd like to see how he does in, say, Chicago. That would be interesting.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
    Let me just throw this out there.

Brady actually has Svcked IMO, yes he is under pressure but how many times does he throw into double coverage and try to force throws? He looks for Edelman nearly every time regardless if he is open or not.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let me just throw this out there.

Brady actually has Svcked IMO, yes he is under pressure but how many times does he throw into double coverage and try to force throws? He looks for Edelman nearly every time regardless if he is open or not. >>

There were times when he threw very quickly but didn't seem to be under a lot of pressure. The way he drilled the ball into the ground a few times looked like ryan mallette in the preseason
    It was a good run. Remember the old days? In case you forgot how bad they were, I suspect there will be a reminder soon.