Home Sports Talk
Options

Who to start - Week #1 2014

Shorts at Phi in an excellent matchup, TY Hilton at Den in a mediocre matchup, or Floyd vs SD
in a mediocre matchup. Im leaning towards Floyd, cause Shorts is not 100%, and Hilton
does not really excite me much. Out of those 3 ESPN has Floyd as the lowest projection? WTF?

Also need to choose a flex between R Jennings at Det, P Thomas at Atl, Shorts, Hilton and Floyd.

1 pt PPR

edit to add PPR

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan

Comments

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Cecil Shorts III was an absolute disaster for me last year. I would not start him until he proves that he is worthy of being more than just a reserve.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think TY Hilton is a decent play, I drafted him and plan on starting him based on that it looks like he has a good thing going with Luck, late last year Hilton had some great games. Reggie Wayne will draw coverage, and Hakeem Nicks is new to the system, Shorts is the only man in town in Jax but its Jax and they are awful, Floyd would be my second choice.

I like Pierre Thomas as a flex in PPR, he had a ton of catches last year.
  • Options
    Not to hijack the thread but Ive already been offered a trade, a Guy wants to give me Gio Bernard and Keenan Allen for Monte Ball and TY Hilton, I think Ball is going to flourish in Denver much more than Bernard in Cincy but I do love Keenan Allen..

Thoughts?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allen is a slight upgrade over Hilton, but Ball is a slight upgrade over Bernard. It is a tough call, and definitely a fair offer. I would remain pat if I were you--sometimes it's best to let things shake out instead of making a deal you will regret later on.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Allen is a slight upgrade over Hilton, but Ball is a slight upgrade over Bernard. It is a tough call, and definitely a fair offer. I would remain pat if I were you--sometimes it's best to let things shake out instead of making a deal you will regret later on. >>

Going to agree with you Tim and hold for now.