Home Sports Talk
Options

Hillsborough 30 for 30

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
Watched the 30 for 30 last night on the Hillsborough tragedy that occurred 25 years ago. I am a casual soccer fan (at best), and I thought it was the best 30 for 30 to date. You don't have to be a soccer fan to be moved by that documentary, it is that well done.

Really hoping Liverpool can win the title this year, it would be a great story, especially for Gerrard.

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I am (obviously) a huge LFC fan, but even putting that aside I think that 30/30 was really well done. Here's hoping they can find a way past Norwich on Sunday, then at least draw v. Chelski the following week and then finish out the season with two wins! If they actually win the Prem. I don't know what I'm going to do. The first two weeks will be spent passed out in a gutter, but after that I have no idea.

Go you Scousers!
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Boo, I feel for you. I can't think of a loss (I know technically it was a draw), more excruciatingly painful than that. Praying for a Villa miracle tomorrow.
  • Options

<< <i>Boo, I feel for you. I can't think of a loss (I know technically it was a draw), more excruciatingly painful than that. Praying for a Villa miracle tomorrow. >>

I'll take either a miracle win by Villa or by the Hammers- I'm not picky!

What a game that was. Anyone who says that 'soccer is unwatchable, because nothing ever happens' has clearly not spent much time watching this recent edition of the Reds.

In the final analysis I guess I'd have to admit to being disappointed, though I kind of feel like the team's fate was sealed the week before against that jackass Mourinho and his Big Blue Bus. And like David ('eyebone' here on the boards) said to me, there is indeed a bright side to this, which is that at least I won't have to see them lose the Prem on goal differential.

• Options
    Citeh and Villa level at the half. There's still hope!