Home Sports Talk

M's ...

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
best record in baseball image

Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Leading the lead in several offensive categories. I wish the season was 3 games this year....
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the people in Seattle didn't toss all their Mariners gear they bought in 2001 that they haven't worn since.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

<< <i>Hopefully the people in Seattle didn't toss all their Mariners gear they bought in 2001 that they haven't worn since. >>

Don't you have a Giants thread to go psycho on? Or, better yet, don't you have some 20+ year old footage to watch of the last time your 49ers won something?
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

<< <i>

<< <i>Hopefully the people in Seattle didn't toss all their Mariners gear they bought in 2001 that they haven't worn since. >>

Don't you have a Giants thread to go psycho on? Or, better yet, don't you have some 20+ year old footage to watch of the last time your 49ers won something? >>

Too bad the M's play to a quarter full Safeco field night after night. The fans don't show up because they care, right?

So did you become a Seahawks "fan" before or after October 2012? If it was after October 2012 you have something in common with 95% of the Seattle " fan" base. If you think I'm kidding go talk to any random person in Seattle wearing Seahawks gear. Most couldn't tell you who Matt Hasselbeck is or what position Steve Largent played. Most have no idea there is a salary cap rule in the NFL. Most couldn't name a single Seahawks player from the 2010 roster. Never mind knowledge of the NFL, most don't know jack about their own team.

It's NBA playoff time. Time for all of Seattle to jump on the Sonics bandwagon. It's perfect timing because once the NBA playoffs are done it'll be just around the time the M's fizzle out.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
    Yawwwwn

I'm sure you have some fans from a visiting city to threaten or assault, so I'll let you get on with your regular business. I don't want to upset you too much, after all, now with Axtell MIA, you're the resident psychopath.
    Everybody knows the Seattle people are the biggest bandwagon minions in the country. They make Miami look like Pittsburgh. Seattle couldn't give a crap about their teams and they temselves know that. No wonder Seattle people get so defensive when they're called out on that fact.

In the meantime go dig out your Mariners gear. That is if you didn't return all of it back to the store in late 2001.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Everybody knows the Seattle people are the biggest bandwagon minions in the country. They make Miami look like Pittsburgh. Seattle couldn't give a crap about their teams and they temselves know that. No wonder Seattle people get so defensive when they're called out on that fact.

In the meantime go dig out your Mariners gear. That is if you didn't return all of it back to the store in late 2001. >>

How about letting us have some fun here and enjoy the early success of our team? May I ask who your favorite MLB team is BTW? Have a good weekend.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Is Cano hustling with his new team or is he still a lazy dog?

<< <i>Is Cano hustling with his new team or is he still a lazy dog? >>

You can look up his stats just like anyone else. It's real easy on computers these days. Hitting .409 and the team is 4-1, what do you think? No complaints from Mariner fans. Again, if you need any help looking something up please ask.

<< <i>

You can look up his stats just like anyone else. It's real easy on computers these days. Hitting .409 and the team is 4-1, what do you think? No complaints from Mariner fans. >>

That makes no sense. There is zero relationship between hitting stats and hustling. If he was hitting .050 would that mean he wasn't hustling??

<< <i>

<< <i>

You can look up his stats just like anyone else. It's real easy on computers these days. Hitting .409 and the team is 4-1, what do you think? No complaints from Mariner fans. >>

That makes no sense. There is zero relationship between hitting stats and hustling. If he was hitting .050 would that mean he wasn't hustling?? >>

OK, he had a possible web gem today and he hustled. What's the second baseman hitting for the Yankees so far? You can look it up if possible. Let me help you, .143. You stir the pot one way and I'm going to stir it the other. You're turn.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

That makes no sense. There is zero relationship between hitting stats and hustling. If he was hitting .050 would that mean he wasn't hustling?? >>

OK, he had a possible web gem today and he hustled. What's the second baseman hitting for the Yankees so far? You can look it up if possible. Let me help you, .143. You stir the pot one way and I'm going to stir it the other. You're turn. >>

"You're turn"? You know that means "you are turn", don't you?

Your second post makes even less sense than the first. What does the current Yankee 2nd baseman have to do with Cano's hustle or lack of hustle? Everyone already knows that the Yankees production at 2nd base will decline this season.

It's obvious to everyone that Cano is a very good hitter (and fielder). I saw Cano play hundreds of games with the Yankees and I've never seen a player jog on as many plays as he did. Like every player, he gives 100% on some plays. The Yankees agreed that he was lazy. He was benched twice for not hustling, and Cashman and Girardi even sat him down to watch a 20 minute video on hustling. Jeter also talked with him and tried to get him to run hard on every play, but he had no luck.

I haven't seen him play in 2014, so I was wondering if he had changed at all. Web Gems and a high batting average have nothing to do with hustle.
    I am going to stand up for my team, bottom line. Anyone who takes shots can expect a reply. I've been a Mariners fan since they started in '77 and it's easy for anyone to say to me how bad, terrible, aweful, pitiful and sorry they

are as a team. That's fine, since they are one of a few teams to never make it to the WS we are easy targets. We as fans of the M's know how bad it's been so nothing in the world can be said to make us feel any worse. So go

right ahead and rip on Robinson Cano and the team but I will ask this of you, if you come on a M's thread and rip the team and its players you have to do it to the others that have team threads. I'll be looking for your negativity

on the SF Giants, Texas Rangers, Boston Red Sox and others and see what kind of response you get. If you want your own thread "I hate Cano" or " I hate the Mariners" I will be happy to create one for you and you can

comment away and enjoy yourself. So if you want to continue to kick a dog ( the Mariners) while they are down don't expect us to praise you for your opinon. It's my team and I have and will support them no matter what.

Have a good day and enjoy the season. Doug
    You're turn"? You know that means "you are turn", don't you?

Look at you, not only the hustle police but you also have a badge for spelling.

<< <i>I am going to stand up for my team, bottom line. Anyone who takes shots can expect a reply. >>

That's another way of saying that you're biased, no? You can be a fan of a team or player without being biased. Any Yankees fan that wouldn't admit that Cano was lazy was either standing up for their team/guy, or they just didn't watch too many games. He may have changed since signing that big contract with the M's, so I was seriously asking if he was still lazy.

<< <i>We as fans of the M's know how bad it's been so nothing in the world can be said to make us feel any worse. So go right ahead and rip on Robinson Cano and the team but I will ask this of you, if you come on a M's thread and rip the team and its players you have to do it to the others that have team threads. >>

If I was going to rip a player, it would make no difference what team he is on. I don't dislike any teams. BTW, back in the day, Edgar Martinez was my favorite player.
    By throwing in "a lazy dog" is what got this all started. By all indications from what I've seen which is by watching most or all of the first six games he does not look lazy or has any lack of hustle. Good choice on Edgar by the way. Doug
    FELIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over 30 K's in his first three starts this year. Unreal! On his way to 3-0.
  • Best changeup in baseball hands down!

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
    Nice job of pitching by Roenis Elias. Wow! Offense comes alive outside Safeco field. Whatever works.
  • I think it's more about the a's pitching kicking our butts 4 of 6 games. We will hit at safeco this year!

Tim
  • PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭

<< <i>Everybody knows the Seattle people are the biggest bandwagon minions in the country. They make Miami look like Pittsburgh. Seattle couldn't give a crap about their teams and they temselves know that. No wonder Seattle people get so defensive when they're called out on that fact.

In the meantime go dig out your Mariners gear. That is if you didn't return all of it back to the store in late 2001. >>

For the sake of accuracy, ESPN keeps attendance figures for the NFL going back to 2006. Seattle has been over 100% capacity in their home games every year expect 1, and that was 99%. So to call Seahawk fans "bandwagon jumpers" is just flat out dishonest.

By contrast, the 49ers have not achieved 100% in any of the years, they are typicall 99% but they dipped to 96% during 2006-2008 which were down years.

So if anything, you got the "bandwagon jumpers" exactly backwards

Source: ESPN
  • Oh man Beavan tonight, we are going to need the sticks to come alive again tonight.

Tim

<< <i>Oh man Beavan tonight, we are going to need the sticks to come alive again tonight. >>

Hey, he could surprise us and have a solid outing!

And, Montero could win the triple crown.....(nachos, hot dogs and popcorn would be the only triple crown Montero could win)
  • Looks like his sinker is working well. You might be right.

Tim
  • I guess I spoke to soon this guy is terrible. Man I don't like to watch him pitch.

Tim
    Beavan looked much better today. Two mistakes, two HRs.

Dave
    Meanwhile, the bartender looks like he's been sipping the product instead of serving it.

Dave
    Walker scratched from his Tacoma start tonight, complaining of shoulder tightness. Great.
    Felix.....Felix.....Felix......ERA dropping faster than the NASDAQ.

Dave
  • It's all about the KING!

Tim
    Miller and Rodney blow Felix's 4th win of the season, and M's fall 3-2 to the Rangers. Ugh.
    Miller cost Felix his 4th win. Rodney didn't help matters. Have to come back tomorrow.
    Arg.....this is difficult to watch! Come on M's!

Dave
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memorial Day is approaching. Time for the M's to fold up the tent. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    M's WIN!

Dave
  • LargentcollectorLargentcollector Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    Every other team in the west makes hay on the Astros, Mariners mmmm......not so much.

Tim

<< <i>Every other team in the west makes hay on the Astros, Mariners mmmm......not so much. >>

Had it all the way today. Ha ha
    Winners of 7 of last 9 .....

DL pitchers starting to work their way back into the rotation .....

Bats waking up (a bit).....

4 games out ..... Hmmmmm .....

Can I get a round of imageimageimage ?

Dave
    Over .500 in May. That's saying a lot about this team that's playing really well right now.
    M's held on, then opened it up in the 8th last night.

Also, glad to see Jesse Chavez caught that ball. My goodness, that could have been a terrible incident: Chavez
    What a rocket!

One game out after today ? image Come on King F!

Dave
    Felix didn't have it today, and they managed to win the 1st of a double dip. Dropped the second, but still took 3 of 4 from Oakland and come home after a TREMENDOUS road trip. Win a couple in the first series of the home stand, and maybe we can see guys we expect to hit start actually hitting! Go 5-2 on the homestand, and man, confidence should be through the roof in that clubhouse
  • LargentcollectorLargentcollector Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    Kuma looks better then last year. Wow

Tim
    5 errors kept the M's from taking 3 of 4 vs KC, and they came back to throttle TB after yet another AAA empire is behind the dish. Oh, and Felix got tossed for the first time ever. Games like last night make me miss cable
    Iwakuma, the best kept secret in baseball. Third straight 8 inning effort. The guy is a stud!
    Thread needs a bump for smacking the Yankees around tonight. Kyle Seager, 2 Triples, a double and a 3-run HR. Go M's!
    Two games over .500, 6 games out. It can happen. image

Dave
    M's won the makeup game against NYY, and took both in ATL. Now, finally, a day off and a 4 game set in TB. M's have Young and Felix pitching in the series, so I like the chances of splitting it at least.