Home Sports Talk

Tony Romo

he is an awesome qb. but if he isnt a spitting image of favre. he can be so careless with the football sometimes just like favre

Comments

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not digging the int's in the endzone. I think he had one against the Browns as well.
    Romo so far does not look good tonight.

This is still anyone's game.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    How many teams passed on Felix Jones? DANG
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    matt on that trick play did you relize crayton threw that ball tight spiral 60 yards in air. and owens was interfered with. pretty nice throw by crayton though.

and joe stalin. felix was our 21st pick i believe. and i wanted mendenhall.. glad im not the gm!

<< <i>matt on that trick play did you relize crayton threw that ball tight spiral 60 yards in air. and owens was interfered with. pretty nice throw by crayton though >>

yup

Dang Barber fumble....I'm greedy!

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to believe that this was the Cowboys' first-ever win at Green Bay!image

Steve
  • Happy birthday Tony
    Old habits die hard but still, I hope he's careful and doesn't choke on his birthday cake.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Hey Matt! How the hell have you been? Hope all is well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see matt back. Good job greencrow.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Happy 33rd Tony!
  • Happy birthday Tony!
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's still the bum he always was and always will be!image
  • Jerry Jones knows best and if he trusts Tony to bring home the Lombardi Trophy, then who are simple Boy's Fan's to question the infallible Pope of the NFC East! Long live Jerry Jones and God bless Tony Romo. Look for a travel agent for 2015 Super Bowl!
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    He's still the bum he always was and always will be!

Hey DIMEMAN, let us know when you have a top 8 passer rating, an annual income in excess of $17 million and a gorgeous wife. Then we can all refer to you as a "bum" as well image
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>He's still the bum he always was and always will be!

Hey DIMEMAN, let us know when you have a top 8 passer rating, an annual income in excess of $17 million and a gorgeous wife. Then we can all refer to you as a "bum" as well image >>

As far as QBs, he's a bum- regardless of his passer rating (those TDs did a lot for Peyton this year, btw), his income (Stafford's salary predicates he's awesome, don't you know!), and his ladies (Bill Clinton says "'sup?!")

That's adorable. Looks like DIMEMAN has his own bodyguard.
    That pic Cnote put says it all!
    >>>Hey DIMEMAN, let us know when you have a top 8 passer rating, an annual income in excess of $17 million and a gorgeous wife. Then we can all refer to you as a "bum" as well <<<

Passer ratings don't win SB's!

Your salary sure don't win SB's!

I have a gorgeous wife!

The BIG contract Jerry just gave Romo locked the Cowboys into years of being the laughing stock of the NFC East. This makes me sick and should make all Cowboy fans sick!

Romo is not....was not...and never will be a winner. It's hard to get to the Super Bowl playing with your hands around your throat!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo may not have the hardware when it comes to championships (few QBs do), but he is still an above average QB who despite popular misconception, has orchestrated quite a few come from behind victories, as well. Guys like Dimeman are not fans--they enjoy whining and kvetching more than seeing their team succeed, it seems.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Romo is not....was not...and never will be a winner.

You know DIMEMAN you finally wore me down. It is true that Romo is considered the "star" of his team in terms of salary and expectations. And he has yet to win the Super Bowl. His career will always be judged by that over the rather impressive statistics he has wracked up. He truly is destined to go down in the same category as other "bums" like Sayers, Simpson, Campbell, Sanders, and probably Adrian Peterson. These same losers put up massive stats but simply choked when it came to elevating their entire team to greatness. And no need arguing the importance of certain positions. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that the RB's I mentioned were or more importance to their team than Romo is to the Cowboys. The Cowboys have enough talent to win even without Romo playing great, they simply dont. The other teams counted on their RB's and they were just consistently let down..
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Romo would get a CAC sticker if he were a coin, but barely and certainly not a gold one.

Expectation in Dallas is Super Bowl contender each year. Anything less than a top 3 or 4 QB will always appear to be a fail in that town.

Good for them though as it is better to demand greatness than to settle for mediocrity.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>That's adorable. Looks like DIMEMAN has his own bodyguard. >>

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that Romo is a bum when it all matters.
    Grote 15 and the rest of you folks that want to stick up for Romo and bash me for not really being a Cowboy fan really confuse me. The fact that I have been a die hard fan for 54 years now, but won't praise a player simply because he is a Cowboy should make me an honest fan if anything. I have never said anything about Romo that is not true. It's not that he hasn't won a SB....it's the fact that he blows it in big games when it counts.

Compare Romo to Danny White. In stats Romo looks way better. But in reality White had a much better career. He never won a SB, but did win some playoff games and most important did not blow games.

And as far as those RB's mentioned that never won a SB.....It was not their bad play that caused this.

If you are going to look at the come from behind wins Romo has....then also look at all the games that he lost because of his bad play.

I am a big Cowboy fan and want them to win and hopefully win another SB in my lifetime (I'm 66) but with Romo at QB and Jerry making decisions like getting rid of the best defensive player they had and keeping a QB that has proven year after year to be a big time choker......my chances don't look good.
    when it all matters

"It all matters" all the time in Dallas, because they don't have 3 units. They have an above average offense, a slightly above average special teams and 11 guys they pick from the stands to throw helmets on. Marino was cursed to the same fate.
    There is a huge difference between Marino and Romo. Marino did NOT blow games!
    Dimeman, your incessant and constant harping on Romo is really rather bizarre. If I didn't know better, I'd say you secretly adulate him but hate yourself for feeling that way, LOL...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Tony Romo is bound to win a Super Bowl one day. Stick with him Kuhlmann.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
    Grote 15......NO I do NOT secretly like Romo. I'm not going to harp on him anymore. His past has proven me correct and others out here see it also. I don't know why some out here want to try to make him look better than he is.

I'm sure all the Cowboy haters are very glad that the Cowboys have Romo and hope he is around a long time so they can see the Cowboys continue to lose year after year.

One more thing.....the OP of this thread (2008) compared Romo to Brett Farve!

I ONLY WISH HE WAS HALF AS GOOD AS FARVE!!!!!!!!

<< <i>Grote 15......NO I do NOT secretly like Romo. I'm not going to harp on him anymore. His past has proven me correct and others out here see it also. I don't know why some out here want to try to make him look better than he is.

I'm sure all the Cowboy haters are very glad that the Cowboys have Romo and hope he is around a long time so they can see the Cowboys continue to lose year after year.

One more thing.....the OP of this thread (2008) compared Romo to Brett Farve!

I ONLY WISH HE WAS HALF AS GOOD AS FARVE!!!!!!!! >>

You think Romo turns the ball over at the most crucial time? You must not have watched much of Brett Favre.

Once again, you are talking out of your behind.

I Can't Believe What I Just Saw

Boy you sure picked the wrong clip on that page to show!

Who's behind are you talking out of! LOL!!!!!

Romo is not even a pimple on Farve's you know what!
    Marino did NOT blow games!

Hey DIMEMAN - try finding one of Romo's stat lines that read like this 11/25 for 95 yards passing, 2 interceptions and a fumble returned for a touchdown by the opposing defense. Oh yeah and without a completed pass until less than 11 minutes left in the half and your team down 38 - 0. Whose ridiculous line is that??? Funny you should ask, it is Marino's. What random game did I pick for my argument? Funny you should ask , it was his final NFL game. It also happened to be the playoffs where superstars need to rise.

And please don't blame the defense for giving up 62 points in that game. That is every bit Marino's fault as the 55 that Denver laid on Romo last season. Actually, a little more Marino's since his fumble was returned directly for a score. At least Denver still was forced to try a field goal against Dallas.

Couple of great QB's who never won when it counted. The only difference is that Romo still has a chance, whereas Marino's fate as a bum who couldn't win is already sealed.
    ARGH! Now LB is comparing Romo to Marino. Words cannot be used to show how stupid that is!

And bringing the Denver game up again - REALLY??? Surely there are some others out here that can understand what happened in that game and why That game was Romo's to win or lose.....and we all know what he did.image

OK class ..... take off your headphones and pay attention.

With 2-3 mins left in the game and the score is tied.....48 to 48 I believe. Tied....that means both teams have given up the same amount of points. Nobody is winning and nobody is losing. Both teams have the same score.

Are we together here???? Same score! Could be 0-0 or 10-10 or 100-100. SAME SCORE!!!! It really doesn't matter at this point how these scores were made. They were made and made by BOTH teams.

OK Class this is where it gets confusing....pay attention! Score tied....2-3 mins. left in game....Dallas has the ball at their end of the field. Are ya still with me???

OK Now all Romo has to do is make safe plays to get into FG range......OR......let the clock run out and go into OT!!!!

Now...what does he do????!!!!! He tries to force the ball into coverage......the ball is intercepted putting the Broncos in FG range.....KICK.....Game OVER!!!! Romo's fault....Romo's loss....PERIOD!!!!!

Now if anyone has trouble getting this...please have someone you know (3rd grade or higher) explain it to you.
    I always find it rather amusing that the most dense fans are typically the most vociferously pedantic when it comes to "enlightening" others, LOL..

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is like De Ja Vu,............................... all over againimage
    >>>I always find it rather amusing that the most dense fans are typically the most vociferously pedantic when it comes to "enlightening" others, LOL.. <<<

Does this mean you don't quite understand? It's really pretty simple. I tried to break it down so even you could understand it.image

<< <i>>>>I always find it rather amusing that the most dense fans are typically the most vociferously pedantic when it comes to "enlightening" others, LOL.. <<<

Does this mean you don't quite understand? It's really pretty simple. I tried to break it down so even you could understand it.image >>

Tell me the truth, you had no idea what vociferously pedantic even means, do you? No cheating, now... image

Tony Romo is better than Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach were combined!
    >>>Tony Romo is better than Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach were combined!<<<

OMG!!!!! You are kidding right??!!image
    RGH! Now LB is comparing Romo to Marino. Words cannot be used to show how stupid that is!

Since you have brought out the adjective "stupid", I must once again refer to you as DUMBMAN

If you can even recall the very basis for your entire vendetta against Romo, it is that he cannot win when it counts. You never said he did not have good stats. Simply that by your definition, he will never be a worthy Cowboys quarterback until he can win it all. You are not interested in any playoff success (albeit little) he has had. You were not concerned about his QB rating (measuring his quarterbacking skills). It is win baby or you are a bum. I simply pointed out the rather gaping hole in your fundamentally unintelligent thought process.

I never claimed that Romo was as good as Marino. The statistics show that Marino was superior----- he simply wasnt much better than Romo at winning the important games, which apparently amounts to being a "bum". by your standards.
    >>>Since you have brought out the adjective "stupid", I must once again refer to you as DUMBMAN<<<
    LB
    I thought we could keep this from dropping down to name calling! I didn't call you stupid. I said the comparison was stupid. There is a difference.image

You are not all bad...after all you are a Cowboy fan! image We disagree on Romo. You like him for the stats and don't mind him blowing games like the Denver game and all the others. He has good stats most of the time and even wins come from behind games. But when it really counts he seems to find ways to lose games instead of finding ways to win!

The reason I put Roger and Troy above Tony is not just because they both have rings.....it's because they didn't blow games!

Roger should even have 1 more SB ring. The SB loss against the Steelers in 79 goes to Jackie Smith!!! Roger hit him in the numbers in the end zone and he dropped it!! That and the bad interference call on Cliff Barns when Lynn Swann ran up his back!!!!!image

I rate the Dallas QB's based on accomplishments: Roger, Troy, White and Romo. And really I liked Dandy Don better than Romo. I just don't have any faith in Romo. He just keeps on making the same mistakes year after year.

I think we (Cowboy fans) are in for more bad years ahead. With Jones as the owner we will never get a top head coach. Jason is a joke! I wish the NFL would force Jerry to sell the team for being STUPID!
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone will records Jerry Jones making offensive statements and turn the recording over to TMZ. Then Goodell could bring the hammer down on him like Silver did on Sterling yesterday. Maybe a comment from Jones showing he is stupid would be enough. Some people are offended by stupid, correct? And stupid (plus old) is enough to warrant getting Sterlinged, isn't it?
    I think signing a QB that has proven to be a choke artist to a long and Stupid money contract.....AND..... letting Ware go...

Pretty much locks Jerry into the King of STUPID!!!
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe someone will records Jerry Jones making offensive statements and turn the recording over to TMZ. Then Goodell could bring the hammer down on him like Silver did on Sterling yesterday. Maybe a comment from Jones showing he is stupid would be enough. Some people are offended by stupid, correct? And stupid (plus old) is enough to warrant getting Sterlinged, isn't it? >>

Perhaps two consecutive losing seasons should be grounds for Silver to polish off an owner. Give the cheapskates an incentive to dig deep and pay the top players $60M as a mx cap and not the stingy $30M today. image

• << <i>Tony Romo is better than Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach were combined! >>

With all the crazy stuff ive seen posted here. This is by far the most idiotic one.
    >>>With all the crazy stuff ive seen posted here. This is by far the most idiotic one.<<<

Thank you very very much! Glad there are others out here with a brain.
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear the Cowboys are going to do their best to land Johnny Manziel. With his less-than-stellar record and possible back situation, Romo may have to look for work soon.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

<< <i>

<< <i>Tony Romo is better than Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach were combined! >>

With all the crazy stuff ive seen posted here. This is by far the most idiotic one. >>

Corncobby, It was said in jest to get at DIMEMAN and his contempt for Romo.