Home Sports Talk
Options

Seriously ... Does Tarvaris Jackson Give The Vikes A Better Chance To Win Than ...

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
I'm not a Vikings' fan, but watching this game I have to wonder if Tarvaris Jackson truly gives the Vikings a better chance to win a game than say, well, virtually any [able-bodied semi-experienced] NFL quarterback.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough call, he cant seem to connect on the longball- I think I saw that he had the lowest completeion percentage for 20+ yard passes? 11%? That is not going to get it done if thats the case.

Bring back Culpepper maybe?
  • Options

<< <i>Bring back Culpepper maybe? >>

That's what I am thinking. Really, could Culpepper do worse than Jackson? Could anyone?

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    Perk, what do you think of Culpepper to the Pats? Hooking up with Moss for round 2? I'm not saying he would start but he'd be a solid back up in case Cassell hits a rough patch. Sign Daunte for a 1 year deal and he's gone once Brady comes back....
  • Options

<< <i>Perk, what do you think of Culpepper to the Pats? Hooking up with Moss for round 2? I'm not saying he would start but he'd be a solid back up in case Cassell hits a rough patch. Sign Daunte for a 1 year deal and he's gone once Brady comes back.... >>

Not gonna happen IMO, like I been saying Cassel is on the team for a reason and has been going on his 3rd year now. To bring in Culpepper who hasnt played in a very long time and learn our system AND be effective more than Cassel? Im not saying Cassel is going to lead us anywhere yet but I think our chances our better with him behind center.
  • Options
    Great completion by Tarvaris Jackson to Atari Bigby.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Perk, what do you think of Culpepper to the Pats? Hooking up with Moss for round 2? I'm not saying he would start but he'd be a solid back up in case Cassell hits a rough patch. Sign Daunte for a 1 year deal and he's gone once Brady comes back.... >>

Not gonna happen IMO, like I been saying Cassel is on the team for a reason and has been going on his 3rd year now. To bring in Culpepper who hasnt played in a very long time and learn our system AND be effective more than Cassel? Im not saying Cassel is going to lead us anywhere yet but I think our chances our better with him behind center. >>

That's why I said backup image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not gonna happen IMO, like I been saying Cassel is on the team for a reason and has been going on his 3rd year now. To bring in Culpepper who hasnt played in a very long time and learn our system AND be effective more than Cassel? Im not saying Cassel is going to lead us anywhere yet but I think our chances our better with him behind center. >>

That's why I said backup image >>

Sorry, Im still a mess about the whole situation image

Sure a backup spot might not be a bad idea but Culpepper has zero interest in that so I dont think the Pats want any friction with Cassel at this point.

Back to the origanal program.................. Tavaris Jackson is a low end choice but I think he has more upside than a David Carr or Joey Harrington.
  • Options
    Nope, he can't. Most of us Vikes fans know this. Its frustrating. Another Vick, but not as good. At least we got AD.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Wow, they are never going to win with this guy. Everyone sitting at home watching can see it. I thought the same thing last year. His passes are nowhere near the receivers and he just doesn't look like he knows what's going on. Every defense from this point on will be bringin' the pressure, because they know he can't complete a pass. They are already one game out and if they lose two games to start the season against division teams, I would think they are forced to sit him down.

I think Joey Harrington is available.............ANYBODY...........ANYBODY? haha
  • Options
    I would have to say that Jackson looked quite bad tonight. He gave the Viks no chance of winning. I was thoroughly disappointed with them.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Just reported on ESPN a minute ago, Patriots are close to a deal with Bubby Brister.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's why I said backup image >>

Culpepper retired because he didn't want to be a backup......remember?

Get back in class and stop ingesting so much salt water.

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Tavaris will get better. He's 8-6 as a starter. He's young & will make mistakes.

Childress pinned his job to this kid & if they don't make the playoffs this year Wilf will fire Chilly. It will be interesting to see what happens. I will say that the O-line's protection was busted a few times/his receivers weren't open & he created a lot of yardage running the ball. Frerotte cannot do this...

I thought the Vikings looked sub-par in all phases of the game. Same piss, different year...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Not until he gets some quality folks to throw it to. Bernard Berrian, is so overrated. He is mister "go" route and nothing else. Witness the Bears who don't exactly have a bevy of NFL caliber wideouts let him walk. It really is sad to see a talent young quarterback on a team that lacks skilled receivers, its a recipe for emotional disaster from fan abuse.
  • Options

This isn't a bad ideal. The Pats didn't even let Chris Simms show up at the office and sent him back on his way, saying they have it covered.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Tavaris is terrible and will never lead a team to an NFC Championship Game, let alone a Super Bowl.

I agree with Irish, too, Berrian is awful.

Teams should play 9 in the box vs. Minn.
  • Options
    ESPN is reporting that the Vikings have decided to bench Tarvaris Jackson in favor of Gus Frerotte. No way. Only Nostradamus could have seen this coming.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    2 games in, this reeks of desperation. Watch out Rivers your next!
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Take your seat TJ and let the real men play!!!
  • Options
    Ohh Boy I am so excited to see Gus at the helm. Hopefully he doesnt head-butt anything.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>happy b-day tarvaris!

and a member of the 2013 super bowl champs seahawks!! >>

He got to take snaps and everything- he also signed with 'em again. After a guy gets traded and still wants to come back, that tells you an organization is doing a lot right.