Home Sports Talk
Options

Did anyone see Milton Bradley yesterday?

kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
What a moron. Hurts his knee when his own manager tosses him to the ground for being a dip$hit. I still can't believe the Royals traded for him earlier in the year.
Travis

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milton Bradley's persona should come as no surprise. He carries baggage and it's a well-known fact.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard on the radio today that their are witnesses who say the ump baited Bradley big time by running his mouth non stop and using profanity. Also, the radio report said the Bradley camp is ready to file a law suit against the ump.

Now, NONE OF THIS is my view or opinion. Is is JUST what I heard in a radio report today. I saw none of this happen and did not know about it until the radio report.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what, the fact remains the same- Bradley is a complete idiot.
  • Options
    If Bradley was indeed baited by the ump (and it would appear so by seeing the first base coach there before Bradley even started), then that ump should be fired.

• Options
    Sighhhhhhhhhh......I'm sure will hear the race card being played somehow ad nauseum!!
  • Options
    Milton Bradley is a borderline nut case.

But that doesn't give the ump the right to bait him. I'd like to know exactly what the ump said.

Looks like the 1st base coach and the opposing 1st baseman are also saying the ump was baiting Bradley..if so..fire his ass!
  • Options

<< <i>Sighhhhhhhhhh......I'm sure will hear the race card being played somehow ad nauseum!! >>

Sighhhhhhhhhhh......well you just made sure we all heard about it first didn't you?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Milton Bradley's persona should come as no surprise. He carries baggage and it's a well-known fact. >>

You would too if your parents named you Milton image
  • Options
    this bozo should have been run out of baseball a long time ago. Supremely talented (which allows teams to keep giving him chances) but ultimately this guy keeps coming back like anal warts on a hooker image

any good puns regarding his name? maybe his middle name should be "Sorry"

It was always entertaining when the Tribe had this clown and CoCo Crisp.... I was embarassed by their ridiculous names lol.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Bradley is a moron and has always been a ticking timebomb. That said, I think the ump was culpable in instigating this incident. He should be fined or suspended as well.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    For those who have not seen this:

Video Link
  • Options
    I am so glad people have already convicted Bradley as being the wrong doer here...when it's apparent to anyone with a functioning brain the ump was at fault.

• Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    My brain function is telling me that as a professional getting paid millions, Bradley should have the maturity to shut up and play the game. His team is in the playoff hunt and he's going to risk suspension by running his trap? Regardless of what the ump may be doing, get a witness, file a complaint, and worry about helping your team. All he did was hurt them this year and next.

If this were his first case of stupidity I would be more inclined to sympathize for him, but since he's a proven malcontent I don't feel bad for the guy.
    Travis
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If this were his first case of stupidity I would be more inclined to sympathize for him, but since he's a proven malcontent I don't feel bad for the guy. >>

100%
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>My brain function is telling me that as a professional getting paid millions, Bradley should have the maturity to shut up and play the game. >>

True, but people pay to watch him... The ol' saying is that nobody pays to watch the umpires. They are simply supposed to do their jobs and not get into verbal battles with players. If what's being said is true, the ump was interrupting a player and the game by making comments. This has a potential effect on the outcome of the game IMO. If an ump makes an argument personal, he may make calls against a player/team simply because of that. Further, in this case, he got a player to react and then the player was subsequently injured while a manager attempted to restrain him. Bradley may be an idiot with a history, but the umpire isn't being paid to fight with players. If he continued to instigate Bradley, he should be suspended.

• Options
    Is it just me, or do you come to the defense of every douche bag in professional sports? LOL just an observation.. first "The Dog Whisperer/killer/rapist Vick" and now this bozo. Perhaps this incident WAS a result of umpire baiting, but Bradley is widely recognized AND criticized for being a negative, injury prone, cancerous lesion of a player.
  • Options

<< <i>what's being said is true, the ump was interrupting a player >>

From what I heard, Bradley is the one who started talking.. Telling the ump that he didn't throw the bat.

If that's true, Bradley keeps his mouth shut and nothing happens.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Is it just me, or do you come to the defense of every douche bag in professional sports? LOL just an observation.. first "The Dog Whisperer/killer/rapist Vick" and now this bozo. Perhaps this incident WAS a result of umpire baiting, but Bradley is widely recognized AND criticized for being a negative, injury prone, cancerous lesion of a player. >>

I hope you're talking about Ax and not me.

<< <i>From what I heard, Bradley is the one who started talking.. Telling the ump that he didn't throw the bat.

If that's true, Bradley keeps his mouth shut and nothing happens >>

I've heard different stories already, but me stance remains the same. Even if a player tries to argue with them, they need to ignore him unless he's breaking the rules. If that's the case, kick his a$$ out instead of arguing with him during the middle of the game.
  • Options
    lol yes dirtmoney. we are talking about axhole image
  • Options

<< <i>lol yes dirtmoney. we are talking about axhole image >>

image I almost had to go postal on your arse
  • Options
    Interesting note, it seems Milton was justified, as the ump involved has been suspended for the rest of the year.

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    it would really suck to be named after a board game comany!
  • Options
    Winters was suspended for using profanity.

Per the SD Tribune, he called Bradley, “(bleeping) piece of (expletive).”

Guess the truth hurt Bradley's feelings and then he threw a temper tantrum, which resulted in a torn ACL.
  • Options

<< <i>Winters was suspended for using profanity.

Per the SD Tribune, he called Bradley, “(bleeping) piece of (expletive).”

Guess the truth hurt Bradley's feelings and then he threw a temper tantrum, which resulted in a torn ACL. >>

The ump was still in the wrong, but the outcome is almost as funny as the player that hurt himself while celebrating.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ha ive been called a (bleeping ) piece of (explicitive)too barry lol-me and ump might start a club , the bleep club,new board game by milton bradley,i bet he got screwed with his whole life in school because of his name ,like dike poel/dick trickle mike kuntz lol-kids can be so cruel,especailly this generation,they are precious lol
  • Options

<< <i>The ump was still in the wrong >>

I agree with you 100%.

Regardless of what Bradley said to instigate the whole thing, Winters should have just brushed off the comments and kept his mouth shut.
  • Options

<< <i>Regardless of what Bradley said to instigate the whole thing, Winters should have just brushed off the comments and kept his mouth shut. >>

But Bradley isn't said to have said anything, only the ump.

The ump was clearly out of line and this is why he's done for the year - and deservedly so.

Good for Bradley.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Regardless of what Bradley said to instigate the whole thing, Winters should have just brushed off the comments and kept his mouth shut. >>

The ump was clearly out of line and this is why he's done for the year - and deservedly so.

Good for Bradley. >>

not true, badley talked first.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>But Bradley isn't said to have said anything, only the ump. >>

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Actual game footage link

Go to 00:37 and Bradley is mouthing off the entire time.

Another example of Tinkerbell revising history to fit her agenda image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Actual game footage link

Go to 00:37 and Bradley is mouthing off the entire time.

Another example of Tinkerbell revising history to fit her agenda image >>

ALWAYS! ALWAYS! ALWAYS! Has to just go against the tide to be difficult!
  • Options
    You apparently failed to read my post, didn't you? So quick to judge! I said, and I'll quote myself:

<< <i>
    >>

Why don't you guys ever, ever read? I clearly stated he 'isn't said to have said anything', clearly different from stating 'he didn't say anything'.

Christ you guys are pathetic.
  • Options
    talking in circles isnt making you look any more right.

learn to admit when you are wrong.

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>talking in circles isnt making you look any more right.

learn to admit when you are wrong. >>

All I said is that it was said that Bradley didn't say anything to start it...I didn't say he didn't!

Nobody is 'talking in circles' here...just people like you and your ilk who would rather point fingers than actually READ.
  • Options
    Bradley isn't said to have said anything."

I read that just fine. You can play with the meaning of that sentence as much as you want, but you will always be wrong.

what words did i miss read?

imagey
  • Options
    What part of 'bradley isn't said to have said anything'? Hmmm?

I'll break it down for those slow to comprehend: it's means that initial reports indicated Bradley didn't say anything.

There, got it now? Good!
  • Options
    I was against the guarantee before I was for it.

• Options
    I like how stownie tries to derail the topic once he's seen he made a mistake (yet again).

Oh well...anyone who's been reading this thread and has basic English skills knows what was said.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    wait, his post game interview were he says he talked to the ump first wasnt the initial report?

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>I like how stownie tries to derail the topic once he's seen he made a mistake (yet again). >>

Huh?!?

No, it's proving that once again you attempt to change context of what you say after YOU are proven wrong.

As usual.

He didn't say what he thought he did say but in actuality he didn't say when he did say that he didn't say a word.
  • Options
    Look, you clowns are going to believe whatever you want, but the FACTS are the following:

I posted that the initial reports stated he didn't say anything to the ump (my post stating 'its said that he didn't say anything')

I then posted that the ump was tossed (rightfully so) for the rest of the season.

Then you all piled on for some unknown reason, perhaps its all part of the same sickness in which you stalk everything I post, who knows.

All I know is what I said was accurate, that I didn't state that Bradley didn't say anything first, and I know you guys need to get over me already.

I am done in this thread, no matter how many more lies and mistruths you post about what i said.
  • Options
    ok, whatever you say, but he clearly said he talked first ibn the post game interview, i.e., the initial report. Just because you heard wrong doesnt make us wrong.

imagey
  • Options
    Hmmm... For some odd reason, you keep cutting your previous statement short.

Gee, I wonder why...

Probably because it changes the entire context of your statement.

Just admit you were wrong, as usual, and move on.

• Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    Old thread; known head case; still out of control; wasted talent; same old story - every time; doesn't have a clue of the bigger picture; always has an excuse; still getting tossed out of games; just go away - you are a very poor example of a 'professional' baseball player.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    This is one of the places where I find similarity scores interesting. He is rated as a 968, and a #1 match with Michael Cuddyer. So, statistically, they are extremely close. Could there be two guys any more different aside from stats? Cuddyer has been with the Twins for 11 seasons (his entire career) and has never been in any trouble and is basically known as a good guy in the clubhouse and in Minnesota. And there's Milton Bradley... not so much. Eight teams so far and almost as many suspensions.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Incredible embarrassment to the game. Cries over EVERY called strike, doesn't hustle, fights with everyone including fans, and is first giving himself props for whatever job he does well. Why do teams continue signing this clown?
  • Options

<< <i>Why do teams continue signing this clown? >>

There is no possible way he is on an MLB team once his current contract expires - NO POSSIBLE WAY - NONE!!

In fact, you heightened his image by honoring him as a clown.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    If this idiot gets on some sort of a hitting roll near the end of the season and puts up decent numbers, some team will take him on. Jermaine Dye can't get a gig, but Milton Bradley can. Sheesh!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Looks like the Mariners woke up and kicked this fool to the curb. Audios - good luck finding a job anywhere!!
  • Options
    I was a mariners fan since the kingdome double header days of 76-77. The signing of carl everett then the "trade" for miserably bradley made me an ex fan and could care less if they match the pirates for losing season. Why is it when they do sign a free agent they flop? sexson/beltre/figgins/silva and im sure im messing another 20 or so...