Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Has anyone added a Post "ad" card to a player set?

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if something like this is in any of the Master sets.

Post "Ad" card

Joe
2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• redlegsredlegs Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried to add this Johnny Bench from the 1971 Topps wax box to the registry but was turned down.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious because on the 1969 Transogram boxes, the tiny card on the side is in the Killebrew Master set. I see the Transogram has his name printed on it, so I wonder if that makes a difference or not.

I picked up some of the Post ad cards over the years for $5.00-$10.00 and can't believe what people are asking on ebay. Nice oddball item, but if PSA doesn't grade them or allow them into the registry, I don't see a high value.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

<< <i>I tried to add this Johnny Bench from the 1971 Topps wax box to the registry but was turned down.

image >>

NICE! Too bad they turned you down. image
  • redlegsredlegs Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was my argument to get the Bench graded since PSA is grading the little photos on the 1970 Transogram boxes that weren't actual cards.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That was my argument to get the Bench graded since PSA is grading the little photos on the 1970 Transogram boxes that weren't actual cards. >>

They shouldn't be able to be graded if the players name is not on front or back. At least that was my understanding.

<< <i>

<< <i>That was my argument to get the Bench graded since PSA is grading the little photos on the 1970 Transogram boxes that weren't actual cards. >>

They shouldn't be able to be graded if the players name is not on front or back. At least that was my understanding. >>

If you take the time to look through some of the Master sets you will see plenty of examples of cards that shouldn't be in. Would like to see some consistency.

Tried to add my 1970 Transogram Killebrew single that they graded, and it was refused even though the three card panels are in some sets?!?!?!?!?!?

According to past examples like Bazooka, if three player panels are in, then the single card should go too?!?!?!?!?

<< <i>That was my argument to get the Bench graded since PSA is grading the little photos on the 1970 Transogram boxes that weren't actual cards.

image >>

Nice Transograms! Santo/Davis/McCovey is clean. Three great players!

• << <i>

<< <i>

They shouldn't be able to be graded if the players name is not on front or back. At least that was my understanding. >>

If you take the time to look through some of the Master sets you will see plenty of examples of cards that shouldn't be in. Would like to see some consistency.

Tried to add my 1970 Transogram Killebrew single that they graded, and it was refused even though the three card panels are in some sets?!?!?!?!?!?

According to past examples like Bazooka, if three player panels are in, then the single card should go too?!?!?!?!? >>

That 70 Transo single is included in the Yaz master.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

According to past examples like Bazooka, if three player panels are in, then the single card should go too?!?!?!?!? >>

That 70 Transo single is included in the Yaz master. >>

Not the single from the side panel, just the three card side panel! I argued with PSA that if the side panel is allowed in a SINGLE player set...........the single should certainly go in. Why do I want two players I do not collect in there with my player? On the same box there is a three card panel and a single that both go in why then would you allow the three card panel and not the single on the side panel?

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi JoeBanzai,

The single Nolan Ryan from the mini side panel on the Transogram box is in the Nolan Ryan Master set.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)

Originally posted by: divecchia Hi JoeBanzai, The single Nolan Ryan from the mini side panel on the Transogram box is in the Nolan Ryan Master set. Donato

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see the SINGLE from the side panel there. I see the three player side panel.

Argued with PSA at great length over the fact that they graded my Killebrew and wouldn't put it in my set even though the three player strip is already in. If the three player strip is in either there should be another slot for the single player or it should be an either/or option.

If they are going to take my grading fee and then refuse to let me add my Killebrew, seems like a very unfair decision.

Originally posted by: divecchia Hi JoeBanzai, The single Nolan Ryan from the mini side panel on the Transogram box is in the Nolan Ryan Master set. Donato

OMG I see what you mean (?) it's even worse than I thought!!! In the Ryan set "Friday Collection" the "mini" card I am refering to is listed as the full sized back card.

INSANE! Unbelievable.

Originally posted by: JoeBanzai
    OMG I see what you mean (?) it's even worse than I thought!!! In the Ryan set "Friday Collection" the "mini" card I am refering to is listed as the full sized back card. INSANE! Unbelievable. image

That is exactly what I was talking about.

Donato

Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Gee those two don't really look like they belong in the same slot to me. Or am I being obtuse?

I'll simply say it makes no sense at all to have two different cards occupy the same slot, PLUS the fact that the "mini" single should be in the same slot as the "mini" three card side panel.

Doesn't this seem like a rather inconsistant/wrong decision?

edited to add; In the Ryan set, the owner is getting a 9 when he should only be getting a 5. Looks like he has the only "mini" graded. Looking at the pop report is confusing as there is a listing for "Hand Cut Side Panel" as well as "Hand Cut Mini Panel". Both of these are the same thing.

By the way NICE Ryan set you have there!!!

Originally posted by: JoeBanzai Gee those two don't really look like they belong in the same slot to me. Or am I being obtuse? I'll simply say it makes no sense at all to have two different cards occupy the same slot, PLUS the fact that the "mini" single should be in the same slot as the "mini" three card side panel. Doesn't this seem like a rather inconsistant/wrong decision? edited to add; In the Ryan set, the owner is getting a 9 when he should only be getting a 5. Looks like he has the only "mini" graded. Looking at the pop report is confusing as there is a listing for "Hand Cut Side Panel" as well as "Hand Cut Mini Panel". Both of these are the same thing.

I agree, that the two don't belong together. I tried arguing the point, but I lost.

Donato

Originally posted by: JoeBanzai By the way NICE Ryan set you have there!!! image

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment on my set. I've been collecting Nolan Ryan for over 22 years and I've enjoyed it immensely.

You have a great looking Killebrew Master set also. It's full of many different type cards, some I'm sure were not so easy to find never mind in high grade.

Congrats,

Donato

Originally posted by: divecchia

Originally posted by: JoeBanzai By the way NICE Ryan set you have there!!! image

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment on my set. I've been collecting Nolan Ryan for over 22 years and I've enjoyed it immensely.

You have a great looking Killebrew Master set also. It's full of many different type cards, some I'm sure were not so easy to find never mind in high grade.

Congrats,

Donato

Thank you. I guess it comes in handy to be OCD sometimes. I picked up most of the "oddball" items at card shops and shows when they were worth next to nothing. Those cards got me into first place.
    SOME of them weren't so cheap. LOL

• skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    For the Mattingly master, I think every 2 or 3 card panel he's on, he also has the single card slot.