Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The new bonus point system

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know there's a thread below, but I couldn't find an EXACT explanation of what the bonus point system entails.

I'd appreciate a response that defines the bonus system. I did notice that one of my sets now has a yellow background on a few cards...I have no clue what this means.

The assigned weights have always seemed to me to be haphazard at best. I have one of ones with a weight of 1...there just seems to be no consistency in the weight department, however, it appears to be a factor in the bonus thing. Yes, I did read the Registry post about bonus points, but it remains kinda vague.

Tks!

Comments

• Options
    augustamanaugustaman Posts: 583 ✭✭
    The new system has NOTHING to do with weights. It is ALL based on card population.

If a card in your set is the highest graded example, it will be shaded grey and you receive 1 bonus point.
    If a card in your set is the highest graded example AND a pop 1/1, it will be shaded yellow and you will receive 2 bonus points.
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    Bill...thanks for the post. I got the weight thing from the highlighted portion below. Seems weight is in there somewhere...no? It is kinda confusing.

Bonus Points and Deductions

Some sets may have bonus points assigned to certain items within a set.

Additionally, the following point deductions are taken for Qualifiers. For example, if your card or ticket is graded PSA 9Q, the grade calculation in the Registry will be 7.

9Q = -2
    8Q = -2
    7Q = -2
    6Q = -2
    5Q = -2
    4Q = -2
    3Q = -1
    2Q = -1
    1Q & 1.5Q = no deduction

The calculation for bonuses or deductions is as follows:
    (Grade + Bonus) x Weight
    (Grade – Deduction) x Weight

Qualifier population statistics listed in the Registry take the deductions into account. So, for example, if your item is graded 4MK, it is calculated with the PSA 2 populations.

• Options
    The weights haven't changed though. What's changed is how they're counting the grade of your card. Example:

PSA 9, none higher = 9+1 = 10
    PSA 9, pop 1, none higher = 9+2 = 11

Then you multiply by the weight, like always
  • Options
    Tks, I think I was reading too much into things. Obviously you had to multiply by something to get the final point value.