Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official 1981 Topps Basketball Thread

If one of these already exist, let's bump it to the top. If not, consider it created. image

Nice article regarding the toughness of the set - 1981 Topps Basketball

The elusive West Checklist was graded/sold a few weeks ago.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• JasonM32JasonM32 Posts: 170 ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of this set. A few of my favorites are the base cards of Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Julius Erving.

Bernie Kosar collector

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Not being able to determine what series is in a wax pack is a pain, but this is a great set. The article is right inline with what I've experienced throughout the years with the cards mentioned (West Checklist, Ben Poquette, Laimbeer, Bucks and Nets team, etc...).

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Another feature Bryant finds alluring about this set are the rookies of players who later played for the Detroit Pistons' championship-winning, "Bad Boys" squads in 1989 and 1990.

"You not only have Bill Laimbeer's rookie card, but you have the Vinnie Johnson and Rick Mahorn rookies," said Bryant. "These players were drafted by different teams, but they were the real foundation of those Bad Boys teams." >>

I was going to mention that. I have a graded Mahorn but those other two can be a little scarce, especially Bill.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I've got about a dozen extra PSA 9's. Mostly commons and minor stars, but I have an extra Gervin. Anybody interested in trading?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Was lucky enough to land a few tough 10s a few weeks ago to help some set collectors. Anyone else actively pursuing this set?

My toughest so far in high grade have been Laimbeer, Poquette, West Checklist, Paultz, and team checklists for Nets, Bucks, Cavs, and Nuggets.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• JasonM32JasonM32 Posts: 170 ✭✭
    I'll take this one on someday but I'm not chasing it yet.

Bernie Kosar collector